Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Jonathan Edwards - Blank Bible

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Jonathan Edwards - Blank Bible

[img]http://edwards.yale.edu/images/blank-bible-proverbs.gif[/img]

This bible was something Jonathan Edwards aquired and then continued to make notes in it about 5000 entries. It has a small sheet of the scripture on each page and 2 whole blank pages to write notes. Here is a re-copy of the notes from the book of galations from the Jonathan Edwards Center:
http://edwards.yale.edu/pdfs/gal.pdf

I thought it would be great to have a bible to easily take notes in like that one.

2006/12/2 2:51Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re: Jonathan Edwards - Blank Bible

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:

I thought it would be great to have a bible to easily take notes in like that one.

I too have thought about this in the past. If I were "crafty", I could possibly make one with a King James Bible or two, and glue the pages onto larger blank pieses of paper. Then perhaps bind them somehow onto a thick piece of leather large enough to fold making my own personal King James Super Bible :-D

Thanks for the post,
richie

2006/12/2 3:02Profile
AshleyJnr

Guolburn, NSW Australia

Re: Jonathan Edwards - Blank Bible

Brother,
I just got a new bible they other day off the internet. I ordered it about 4 weeks ago (it shipped form the U.S to Australia). It's a wide margin - loose leaf paged bible.
So I can insert a page of notes inbetween each page of the bible. I'm really glad I bought it.

Though however useful a bible, it is still useless if it is never used.

AJ

2006/12/2 3:13Profile
lovegrace

Re:

Yea, I was thinking the same thing.

My old pastor, he had large print but a large bible. There was plenty of room on the top, bottom, and both sides. It was a great idea but quite big to carry around. Ha.

2006/12/2 8:57Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Yea, I was thinking the same thing.

I am thinking of ways to do this as edwards did, but he adopted the bible not having to construct the massive volume. It definetly won't be something that I would take to bible study because of its size and "weight" :-P

I was looking into the idea or adding blank pages into a bible, ie first de-assembling the bible and then adding pages in, but the problem of re-biding is there. Possibly grabbing 2 old bibles with condensed type like edwards bible and add it to a larger journaling volume or already good quality bound blank book. The question would be to glue it in? what glue? what would work.

This also might be of interest to people, I added a KJV bible with wide margins uploaded onto SI, you can download the file here:

[b]Entire KJV Bible, wide-margin (ebook)[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=13885

The file is a zip file with all the word documents in it.

2006/12/2 18:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy