SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prayer need...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Prayer need...

Please pray for some folks I know who used to be close friends of my wife and I. He was a pastor of a church, and when he struck it rich on the stock market a few years ago he quit the ministry. He and his wife got caught up in materialism big time, as did their children. Spending money hand over fist. I tried to warn them two years ago that they were putting their spiritual lives in jeopardy, not to mention that spending money like they were was going to come back to haunt them someday.

Well, the money has dried up, and it now comes out that a lot of what they "bought" was on credit. I suppose that was so they would look like they were doing better than they were.

Due to my straight forwardness, our relationship has been really strained for about 2 years.

Anyway... they have lost everything. I suspect their marriage is in trouble now too. They are selling just about everything they have. Their big expensive vehicles have been re-po'ed, and they house is in forclosure.

I say this with fear and trembling because I know I am deserving of God's humbling discipline quite often... but I wish for all of you to pray for these folks as they go thru this. That God would work His will in their lives, and get them back on track with Him. Pray for their marriage too.

Pray for me, that if they come to me with any needs that I would not get in the flesh and feel like "Well I told you so!". I havent offered to help them because I think I'm the last person they want to see right now. I'll let them swallow their pride for a little while first.

Krispy

2006/12/1 13:46
adamdawkins

Re: Prayer need...

As I began to pray for them the parable of the prodigal son came to mind about the minister and his wife. If (and when) they come to you, I believe you are to adopt the open arms of the Father, and also the willing obedience of the servants to kill the fattened calf.

I believe the Lord wants to fully restore them and even their ministry one day - in that day take heed that you don't become like the other son.

Just felt I should share that with you. Will continue to pray,

Blessings.

2006/12/1 21:05Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy