Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Germany Outreach, Part 2

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JGB321

Germany Outreach, Part 2

Checkpoint Charlie, Berlin, Germany:
Witness Encounter, Part 2

On our second night in Berlin, we once again ventured out late into the evening to find new people to witness to, and we had the good pleasure in speaking to one Spaniard and one Italian, both biology students and may I say we had quite a time of it!

Over 30 mins of talking about the folly of evolution (something this lapsed Roman Catholic couple had sadly signed up to), and we also needed to address physics and other scientific areas before I was able to use the 10 Commandments to demonstrate their sinful natures.

Maria was the main speaker and while she was polite and spoke good English I could tell I was irritating her with my quoting Scripture.

I was saddened to note that such a bright couple knew so little about the universe per sa. For example neither understood that the 1st and 2nd law of thermodynamics completely demolish evolution. Neither appreciated the weight of the earth (100 million tons) or the location from the sun demonstrates just how amazingly sophisticated and fine-tuned the solar system actually is, and to say that there is no God controlling our earth as it spins at 67,000mph, takes more faith than I could ever muster.

Our conversation went back and forth and I could tell that both of them were not showing any signs of remorse or contrition for their sins against God.

Maria said she didn’t believe in Hell so she wasn’t bothered about going to Hell. I told her it didn’t matter whether she believed in Hell or not, because Saddam Hussein doesn’t believe in his Iraqi court but he is still going to be executed next month, whether he believes or not. The same is true of the Nuremburg trials after World War II and Slobodan Milosevic at the Hague.

What we believe is totally immaterial. If God’s words say’s something, than He is right and you are wrong.

But this time we’d pretty much exhausted our witness encounter, so I gave them one last thing to consider before we all shock hands and said goodbye - I told them this: If I am wrong about the afterlife and judgment, I loose nothing, for according to atheists there is no Heaven or Hell. But I told her if she were wrong, she’s loses everything and spend eternity in Hell for high-treason for rejecting God and His creation, not to mention our clear and precise witness encounter.

She chuckled at this and 1 Cor. 2:14 came to my mind before we left them some tracts to read:

“But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”

Please pray for this mixed-up couple and remember, a design ALWAYS pre-supposes a designer.

2006/12/1 3:56Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy