SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Pope prays with Muslim Cleric in Turkey

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Pope prays with Muslim Cleric in Turkey

Anyone see that in the news today? How much more proof does anyone need to have in order to see how wicked the RCC is? This is the epitomy of "unequally yoked".

This the whore of Bablylon spoken of in Revelation, folks. No further evidence needed.

Krispy

2006/11/30 12:51
JGB321

Re: Pope prays with Muslim Cleric in Turkey

May I offer the following article, to go along with today's "unity":

http://www.excatholicsforchrist.com/articles.php?PageURL=Can%20you%20reject%20Christ%20and%20still%20go%20to%20Heaven.htm

2006/11/30 17:05Profile
adamdawkins

Re:

I'd say Islam and Roman Catholicism are very equally yoked... they have the same father.

2006/12/1 11:30Profile

Re:

Quote:
I'd say Islam and Roman Catholicism are very equally yoked... they have the same father.

Amen... you're absolutely right.

We should start a mutual admiration society... LOL!

Krispy

2006/12/1 11:47
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re: Pope prays with Muslim Cleric in Turkey

Does that make Brother Andrew unequally yoked for meeting with Muslim leaders and praying with them? For whatever is wrong with the Catholic Church (and there is a lot) it takes a lot to take an enemy in the hand and give them respect and love -and that happens to be the example that Jesus gives us in the bible.

2006/12/1 12:31Profile

Re:

Quote:
Does that make Brother Andrew unequally yoked for meeting with Muslim leaders and praying with them? For whatever is wrong with the Catholic Church (and there is a lot) it takes a lot to take an enemy in the hand and give them respect and love -and that happens to be the example that Jesus gives us in the bible.

I dont know enough about Bro Andrew to comment on his actions. If he prayed with Muslim and claimed they serve the same God, as the Pope has done... then yes. But as it was pointed out earlier, the Pope and the Muslim do in fact serve the same god.

Krispy

2006/12/1 13:33
adamdawkins

Re:

Quote:

Hi again Ian, I just replied to one of your posts. I don't think Krispy and yourself are in disagreement - just looking at different things.

I happen to be familiar with Brother Andrew's work (I saw him speak this summer) and was deeply challenged by his remembering to love those that the world doesn't love.

For example, I get very frustrated (to put it mildly) with the Catholic church because I spend my time with most of the people close to me having to fight through layers of deception that have come directly from Catholicism - but I then still have to remember that the people within the Catholic church (and Islam for that matter) need to be shown the love of Christ through us. Even the Pope, though I wouldn't bow to him or agree with what he does, needs to know the love of Christ and it is our obligation as His disciples (Christ's, not the pope's ;)) to deny ourselves and serve others in every situation.

In short, keep replying to Krispy's posts in this way, I think it keeps the whole thing very balanced. I whole heartedly agree with you both, except I think the main problem in this situation is that the catholic 'church' isn't reaching out to an enemy, but then - that's my personal view on catholicism.

God bless you!

Adam.

2006/12/1 20:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy