Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Quote:
I believe Ravenhill was going to publish 2 new books:
The Judgement Seat of Christ

I would love to be able to publish any manuscripts of these books that are available. I will try and look into this.

That would be good. He is mentioning in one of his sermons about that book. Or I am wrong?
I am sure that Keith Daniel says that he is preparing a few books, but I have never heard of publishing them, maybe someone knows more.

Quote:
I have been contemplating for a long time to write a short biography on Leonard Ravenhill also.

This would be great also. Would be great to be included many personal testemonies and encounters from others. There are many encouraging.

2006/11/30 15:00Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
That would be good. He is mentioning in one of his sermons about that book. Or I am wrong?

Yes, he mentions spending many late nights for the last year working on that book and even taking mostly a year of speaking to finish the book, it was never printed.

Quote:
Keith Daniel

He states in one of his sermons that he has been reading through the entire bible, making a audio bible for the saints of God. I want to try and get this on SermonIndex.net As for his books I have not seen or heard anything either dear brother.

2006/11/30 15:33Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

My pastor told me a similar story which took place in Lindale, TX while he served a youth pastorate and sat under the ministry of Wilkerson and Ravenhill back in the 1970's. He told me that Leonard Ravenhill was invited to preach at a local Assemblies of God convention in that area once. Well, Ravenhill arrived right when the "praise and worship" session was getting fired up and observed all the pastors lifting their hands and singing and clapping. When it was time to speak, he stepped into the pulpit and fired a broadside to all the pastors in attendace (about 300-400) to the effect of: "What is this? A joke?" Everyone fell silent, stunned. My pastor told me that only Ravenhill could do something like that - and get away with it.

2006/11/30 16:38Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Quote:
He states in one of his sermons that he has been reading through the entire bible, making a audio bible for the saints of God. I want to try and get this on SermonIndex.net

This would be such a blessing. I have memorized some scriptures on english just from his sermons.

Quote:
As for his books I have not seen or heard anything either dear brother.

I tried to recall where I heard this and just found. It is in [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=7264]Only One Life[/url] beginning from 15:30min he says:

"I am writing books, one book that I one day hope God will let me publish - [i]This Moment Called Life[/i]..."

2006/11/30 16:59Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Greg and Tears_of_Joy...

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
i think there needs to be a paperback compliation of most of Leonard Ravenhill's writings such as they did with E.M. Bounds for a affordable price of below $20 for 5 of his books in one volume.

Quote:

Tears_of_joy wrote:
"I am writing books, one book that I one day hope God will let me publish - This Moment Called Life..."

Have you looked into an internet based publishing company?

There are several companies around that will publish your book for a relatively low price. For instance, [url=http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/products/books]CafePress[/url] will publish a book, provide an ISBN and barcode, and allow it to be available for sale or distribution for a very low price. In fact, a 200 page "perfect bound" (traditional) paperback, complete with illustrations and cover, will cost only $13 per copy. I'm not certain whether that is 200 seperate pages (translating to 400 pages total). There are no set up fees. You simply download the Microsoft Word template, paste your work to the template, and then upload your book to their website. They even include a [url=http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/learn_book.aspx]tutorial[/url] on how to have a work published in a "quality" manner.

Regardless, this could be a very affordable way to make these works available for a low price. I have never created one using CafePress, but it seems like a wonderful way to have a work published and made available for a low price. A friend of mine told me that he printed copies of his thesis this way, and he said they were very well made.

I've also thought that it would be nice to have a collection of the various "GREAT QUOTES" threads indexed and made into a book. I know that I would buy one!

:-)

2006/12/4 2:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy