Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Why Revival STILL Tarries

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Why Revival STILL Tarries

[img]http://www.clie.es/modules/shop/shop_image/author/ae3e7c035015ea5f2713c6b0059ae4b4.jpg[/img]

Brother Leonard Ravenhill, author of Why Revival Tarries and other heart stirring books has gone on to be with the Lord. Every time I went down to Texas for meetings I would call brother Len and we would meet and have fellowship in his home. He has been gone now for several years and I miss those visits very much. I feel now that he is waiting in heaven for the rapture and the gathering of the saints I can share some things I would not share while he was living because much of the content of our talks were of a confidential nature and we both knew that. On one of my many visits to brother Leonard Ravenhill's home he told me he was invited to speak at a Charismatic convention. He shared with me some of the things he saw and heard that grieved him. As they announced him he slowly approached the pulpit and said, "I am going to write a sequel to Why Revival Tarries, and I will name it, Why Revival STILL Tarries." The thousands in attendance roared their approval with praise, laughter and clapping. When silence fell over the great gathering, brother Len raised his skinny little finger pointing at them and said, "And YOU are the reason!" With that Leonard Ravenhill returned to his seat. The hilarity stopped! I miss you, brother Len.

http://www.actsion.com

2006/11/30 0:42Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: Why Revival STILL Tarries

Oh, praise God for brother Len. He was a fearless, blazing man of God to the very end. I never got a chance to meet him, but his life and fiery ministry speaks to me from beyond the grave. Onward, brethren! The paths of holiness and self-denial and travail and weeping and wrestling in prayer. There is no other way.

2006/11/30 10:20Profile
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Re:

The Assemblies of God pastor with whom I interviewed for my credentials, was in that meeting. I believ it took place in Michigan. That has always been one of my favorite Ravenhill quotes. God give us more men like that!
burning,
Jeff

2006/11/30 11:08Profile
searchin

u.s.a. /

Re:

the 2 hour video of an interview available on this site was my first encounter with the ministry of Leonard Ravenhil...what a man of God he was. The likes of whom the world needs more of today.
but as i listen to, and read his sermons, or messages would be a better word...i pray that i don't just like what he said or how he said it but put it to work in my life today. then, perhaps, revival won't tarry for ever.

2006/11/30 13:23Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

This video was the first recording of Ravenhill I was exposed to and after that I was ruined except for the need and cause of revival. Watch it if you dare! It is the 3rd highest downloaded file off SermonIndex.net right now.

An Interview with Leonard Ravenhill (video)

Description: Ravenhill pours out his heart on many issues that are important to the Church situation we find ourselves in. There are many keys to revival and the Christian life given in this recording. The duration of this video is about two hours long, you will not be the same after watching it.

2006/11/30 13:28Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
The duration of this video is about two hours long, you will not be the same after watching it.

It has been a great source of encouragement for me also. I think mostly it gives a sense of how things 'used' to be and how they are today. This is important because we live our lives in real time and without these types of signposts we had no real idea of where we are in proximity to where the church used to be.

2006/11/30 13:52Profile
searchin

u.s.a. /

Re:

It's not just a picture of where the church used to be but it's a roadmap to where the church can be again!

it's awesome to feel like you are sitting with this man of God as he pours his heart for God out and you just soak in the compassion and strong desire for revival....my heart was moved to tears as i felt the need to be more like Jesus and the need for prayer to be paramount in my walk with Christ.
"Follow me as i follow Christ." i believe this man could have said this just as honestly as the Apostle Paul

what an honor it is to be able to catch his heart on video....i'm grateful to you for that.

2006/11/30 14:17Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Why Revival STILL Tarries

Hi Greg...

When I met with Brother Ravenhill in his home as a young teen, he told me about his new book ("Why Revival Still Tarries"). He died within months of our meeting. I have often wondered whether or not he ever attempted to finish the manuscript (or the extent of how complete the manuscript had become).

I know of some close associates of Paul Ravenhill. I have asked them whether or not they have ever heard anything, but to no avail. It would be a wonderfully convicting addition to the legacy and heartcry of Leonard Ravenhill.

Yes, revival STILL tarries. And yes, WE are the reason.

:-(

2006/11/30 14:47Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Chad Taylor has published a book under the title "why revival still tarries" I believe I read somewhere that he got this permission from David Ravenhill, I believe but I could be wrong. Also he does not publish any Leonard Ravenhill writings in it. here is a link to it:
http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=422752&event=CF

I believe Ravenhill was going to publish 2 new books:
Why Revival Still Tarries
The Judgement Seat of Christ

I would love to be able to publish any manuscripts of these books that are available. I will try and look into this.

I have been contemplating for a long time to write a short biography on Leonard Ravenhill also.

2006/11/30 14:51Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

i think there needs to be a paperback compliation of most of Leonard Ravenhill's writings such as they did with E.M. Bounds for a affordable price of below $20 for 5 of his books in one volume.

2006/11/30 14:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy