SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : EVENT: A Call to Fast (3 day fast)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
Maria

USA

Re:

I'm in too!

Just wanted to let everyone know that Times Square Church begins the fast tonight (Monday) at midnight and ends the fast Thursday evening after their service. So, around 9pm Thursday have a feast and celebrate the goodness of the Lord!!

Monday - midnight through Thursday - 9pm.

Please keep my family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins) in prayer!

Also, we need to pray that the Lord gives us (America) more time!!

"The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9

I was reading Jeremiah tonight and was struck with the fact that the church is judged first by being led into captivity because of their adultery (we have already seen the beginnings of this!) -- and THEN the world is judged. THEN Babylon is exposed and judged and THEN the remnant is restored!!

"In those days and at that time," declares the LORD, "the sons of Israel will come, both they and the sons of Judah as well; they will go along weeping as they go, and it will be the LORD their God they will seek. They will ask for the way to Zion, turning their faces in its direction; they will come that they may join themselves to the LORD in an everlasting covenant that will not be forgotten." Jeremiah 50:4-5

Lord, give us the Grace to seek Your face and pray!! Help us to pray in the Spirit! May we hear Your hearts cry for this hour and pray accordingly.

Hidden in Him,

Stephanie Staples

2004/3/1 21:40Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hey there stranger!
Good to hear from you!

Thanks for the updates on times.
Will keep your family in prayer.

Quote:
May we hear Your hearts cry for this hour and pray accordingly.

Yes!

Mike

2004/3/1 21:59Profile
TheophilusMD

New Jersey

Re: EVENT: A Call to Fast (3 day fast)

Count me in.

Pls pray for the salvation of my wife and family.

2004/3/1 23:13Profile
Paulus

Celbridge Kildare Ireland

Re: time question

does anyone know what the time difference is between Dublin and New York? I do not suppose it makes any difference but I would be interested just so I know when you guys are starting and stopping. I suspect I will be doing a short last bit alone so please pray for me.

2004/3/2 4:50Profile
ann2003

West Virginia

Re:

I will join you in fast and prayer,
ann sanborn :-D

2004/3/2 8:59Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:What time is it?

Hi Paulus.

Looks like you are 5 hours ahead of New York time.
The start times for the fast from Times Square Church are: (Thanks Stephanie)

Monday - midnight through Thursday - 9pm.

Here is where I got my time calculations from:
(A great site for this, breakdowns by major cities, etc.)
[url=http://www.worldtimeserver.com/]http://www.worldtimeserver.com/[/url]

2004/3/2 9:25Profile
lyndon

Manitoba, Canada

Re:

I have a prayer request for you, I just heard that one of my friends father died of a heart attack. I ask that you pray for them to find comfort and help, that they may rest in Christ through this trying time.

Lyndon

2004/3/2 11:27Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Lyndon,

My heart goes out to you, to him and his family.
Can you give us his name?

2004/3/2 11:31Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Fast: Requests and response

In this thread Greg wrote the following:

"[color=000000]Please post your prayer requests in this thread and pray for each others specific needs during this next three days. Also post your praise reports here and things God is showing you during these next 3 days, share as much as you feel led, I will try to personally check this thread as many times during the day as possible. The Lord bless all who are going to seek God during these next 3 days with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength. He will be found with those who diligently seek Him. Seek and ye shall find.[/color]

Wanted to bring this back up to the forefront.

Please do read through this whole thread. There are some thoughts expressed as to the nature of why we are doing this and the heart cry's of our Body, His body.

Certainly everyone is different, for myself I find that it can be overwhelming to consider all that needs to be prayed for in this world that is at eniminty with God. I picked up something in reading Rees Howells "Intercessor" that I found helpful:

[i]"Now the Spirit told him, "The meaning of prayer is answer - and of all that I give you, see that you lose nothing." He also told him that effectual praying must be guided praying, and that he was no longer to pray for all kinds of things at his own whim or fancy, but only the prayers that the Holy Ghost gave him."[/i]

"Guided praying" is what has stuck and I would imagine that it will be different for each of us individually with an emphesis as to that which the Holy Spirit is leading as we rely on Him.

Foremost in my heart as this is progressing is this prayer from Stephanie and flows right along with all this:

Quote:
May we hear Your hearts cry for this hour and pray accordingly.

Oh Lord that You would make it clear to us by Your Spirit what You would have us do.

Revival.

A true outpouring of Your Spirit on your creatures. We seem to be accomplishing little. In our own flesh, nothing. Lord, how can we go forth if You be not with us? It is futile. Fill us Holy Spirit with Yourself and with Your desire.
Rend the Heavens and come down, interupt the masses who have been blinded and draw them to Yourself.

But where will they go when You do this?
We have failed You, Your Church, by relying on our own reasoning and not on You. Forgive us this sin Lord. Oh God restore Your church!
We turn and seek You.

There are others out in this world who have been neglected. Our brothers and sisters in countries where they are suffering persecution, torture, rape and murder as well as being displaced by the burning of their villages because of their Faith in Your Son. I have heard the cry's of some of these Pastors in Burma "We have to leave village after village, house after house,..But it increases our faith. We are Christians; we know God will help us. But please remember us in your prayers. Please do not forget."
This is but one example of many. Let us open our eye's to the plight of our brethren and join in solidarity with our prayers that the Lord may give them strength to endure and peace that passes understanding be given to them. Let them know that great is their reward in Heaven.

Will post a seperate reply with links for these great warriors of the faith, who dwell in obscurity.

Personally.
That my wife (Lisa) would be drawn back to the Lord by whatever means necessary.
An ever increasing desire and hunger for the Lord implanted in my step-son Josh.
My mothers cancer to be healed and the surety of her and my fathers salvation.
My father in laws salvation (Dave).
For Greg, for this site and all of you, that the Lord will guide us into all truth and keep us from the evil one and the evil day.
Strength to carry out this fast as we surrender ourselves to You.

Response.

This morning. (Tuesday 3/2/04)
This came to me:

[i]"...though it tarry, wait for it;"[/i]

I had to look it up.

[i]Hab 2:3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.[/i]

2004/3/2 11:34Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Links

Here are a few links to consider for our brethren who are enduring persecution, surely there are many more.

To help broaden our view, one of our own, Lars Widerberg (lwpray) runs Intercessors Network
which has greatly opened up my awareness to the issues of the body at large. Ask to be added to his email list by dropping a note to:

[email protected]

Voice of The Martyrs
http://www.persecution.com/

Christians Concerned for Burma
http://prayforburma.org

Karen Human Rights Group
www.khrg.org

Christian Freedom International
www.christianfreedom.org

Let us also remember the underground church in China and let us not forget about our Jewish friends, that Yesuha be made real to them.
We are the branches.

2004/3/2 12:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy