SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : A Man of Sorrows

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Jaime

Lodi,Ohio

A Man of Sorrows

"He is despised and rejected of men;a Man of Sorrows,and acquainted with grief;and we hid as it were our faces from Him;He was despised and we esteemed Him not." Isa.53:3

He who was the source of all joy,the giver of all peace,He before whom angels and archangels bow in adoration,is also called a Man of Sorrows.Grief broke His heart,crushed out His life.
Shall we through disobedience,rebellion,or lack of love or service, or worship,add to the sorrows which He bore,or shall we murmur if we too shall be permitted to partake of His sorrows,or to share His grief?
He sorrowed all alone,save perhaps as angels ministered to Him in Gethsemane's deep shadow.But He shares thy grief,He carries all thy sorrow and comforts those who trust in Him.Shall we not worship and adore the Man of Sorrows?

By Charles E.Hurlburt and
T.C. Horton
"The Wonderful Names of Our
Wonderful Lord".

2006/11/25 17:55Profile
kdbutton

Re: A Man of Sorrows

Thank you Jaime for bringing the name of Our Lord for us to meditate upon. It is funny because I also was thinking earlier today that I would submit a name of God on this website in order that praise be brought to and attention be given to who [b]He[/b] is.

The name of late that I am praising Him with is from Psalm 68:35. As I and others back here are seeking Him for the revival of our weak and ineffective churches, we offer our praise to:

[b]He that gives strength and power to His people.[/b]

2006/11/25 19:22Profile
HopeinChrist

Re: A Man of Sorrows

Quote:
shall we murmur if we too shall be permitted to partake of His sorrows,or to share His grief?

ouch
Forgive me Lord for being disobedient and complaining rather than thanking you for the privilege of sharing your heart.

2006/11/26 6:55Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy