Discussion Forum : General Topics : Don Francisco

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Jordan, thank you for sharing these songs. I appreciated the "steeple song" I am going to ask if I can put a few of the songs into the godly music section of sermonindex.net

As for the mention of profanity I think we should all aim on these forums to give a good representation of Christ in all things we do including the use of our vocabulary. Christians should be the most righteous people on earth. We are the light of the earth. We are the salt of the earth. Holiness means a seperation and we should use our words in a way that honors Christ.

These forums are a place for people to have serious godly conversations about scripture and the christian life. I am not blaming Jordan for what he wrote, I probably would not have caught it, but I thank Ginnyrose that she did and I would ask that we honor her sensitivity to these things. I believe she has good intentions in raising this and if not then still to honor this request is the most Christ-like response we can have.

I am under the conviction that the conversation of a Christian should be noticably different then the conversation of the World.

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honorable, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." -Philippians 4:8

2006/11/25 23:55Profile
Santana

Re:

Read the very first post on this thread. It's Jordan with a few paragraphs being generous enough to share the great music of Don Francisco with a genuine heart as we can all see.

Now read the very second post on this thread.

Quote:

Jordan, do you not have a conscience against using profanity?

I'm sorry sister but that wasn't fair to Jordan. Maybe a "thanks for the music, by the way, I believe those are curse words your using and this is why" or something to that effect.

This whole thing about gosh and dang-it and geewiz being profanity is new to me. Personally it sounds ridiculous. If I use the words geewiz and gosh around anybody I know, they will already know I'm different because nobody talks like that where I come from.

My point was that it seemed like Ginnyrose had no intrest in this thread except to point out the negatives. Ginny, don't take me the wrong way, please, but I don't like the way you went about it and I never in my life heard of "gosh" being profanity. I'm not reacting well to that,lol. I wasn't raised in the church so I'm still learning but it just sounds to legalistic for me. :-?

2006/11/26 1:20Profile
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re:

Brother, thank you for introducing me to Don Francisco. I guess there [b]is[/b] more to Christian music than just Keith Green. :-)

2006/11/26 1:40Profile
roadsign

Re: reading the heart, and not the words

Quote:
Ginnyrose ... and I would ask that we honor her sensitivity to these things.

Greg, I appreciate the way you selected your words. You speak well of Ginnyrose – and ask that we honor her sensititivy - in other words, that we read beneath the words that she selected.

I ask, in turn, that we do the same for our brother, Jordan. I believe with all my heart that he did not intend to offend anyone by his word choices. May we look beneath the words.

And now back to Don Fransicso.... I have been enjoying his articles. He has some interesting ways of cutting through some of our religious hypocrisy, and yet tries to stay true to the Spirit of the Word. Certainly lots of food for thought.

2006/11/26 7:44Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Quote:

roadsign wrote:
Quote:
Ginnyrose ... and I would ask that we honor her sensitivity to these things.

Greg, I appreciate the way you selected your words. You speak well of Ginnyrose – and ask that we honor her sensititivy - in other words, that we read beneath the words that she selected.

I ask, in turn, that we do the same for our brother, Jordan. I believe with all my heart that he did not intend to offend anyone by his word choices. May we look beneath the words.

Amen sister...
Nor did I realize like many others that this was considered profanity. Not that I use it these words...Thank God that Jesus is more merciful than most religious folk :-)
Sometimes, I discern they're are some out there in the cyberworld who are just waiting to jump on some poor soul if they are displeased with someone's comment. Is this love? How about sending a private message in love, instead of a public rebuke. Really now... :-? We all reap what we sow. Where's the mercy? Isn't there a verse somewhere in Scripture that says something like, "those who have been forgiven little love little, and those who have been forgiven much love much"?
Even Jesus had mercy on the woman who committed adultery and was caught by the Pharisees.
Had to comment on this. Very sad!!!!!!!!! Nothing like a person cutting down their brother or sister to make themselves feel more holier than they really are. I'm not saying this happened in this post; however, I have seen it happen in others. One reason why I'm not commenting much these days, and another reason why i'm going abit off on it now.
Love you both Ginny and Jordan...let us all grow in the grace and the Love of our blessed Lord Christ Jesus. Don't know about you's, but the only blessed things about me are because of the grace of God...the bad things about me...well, that's me in the flesh. John Owen said something like, "If you don't kill sin, it will kill you." Why do I forget I'm dead to sin, but alive unto God? God help me...I need God, and I need prayer, and I need to shut-up now :-P
richie

2006/11/26 11:17Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Don Francisco

Hi jordanamo...

I have several of Don Francisco's songs. The lyrics are quite moving! [i]Steeple Song[/i] is quite compelling because it speaks about the nature of a true church vs. the desire to become a small or large "megachurch." I posted the lyrics in one of the [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6811&forum=35#51195]Songs with a Message[/url] threads a little over a year ago.

Thank you for sharing!

:-)

2006/11/26 13:05Profile
Santana

Re:

Quote:

Sometimes, I discern they're are some out there in the cyberworld who are just waiting to jump on some poor soul if they are displeased with someone's comment. Is this love? How about sending a private message in love, instead of a public rebuke. Really now... :-? We all reap what we sow. Where's the mercy?

I know that was for me. I feel really bad now. Forgive me brothers and sisters. I'm sorry Ginnyrose. Like I said before, I'm still learning. :-(

PS - Don Francisco rocks!

2006/11/26 22:07Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Quote:

Santana wrote:
Quote:

Sometimes, I discern they're are some out there in the cyberworld who are just waiting to jump on some poor soul if they are displeased with someone's comment. Is this love? How about sending a private message in love, instead of a public rebuke. Really now... :-? We all reap what we sow. Where's the mercy?

I know that was for me.

Dear brother, my statement was not meant to throw an in-direct cheap shot at you...God as my witness. I was just rumbling. But if it did bless you in anyway then "Glory to God"....I just hate to read about little (what most times seem to me) carnal quarrels amongest the brethren. But I am not against flesh and blood friend.
Wishing you a blessed week in Christ Jesus Santana,
richie

2006/11/26 23:34Profile

Re:

This is further proof that it is completely impossible to have a conversation about music on this forum without it exploding into some totally unrelated rabbit trail...

I think Greg was right, and I think Diane was right. I think Ginny was right, and I think Ginny was wrong. If she has strong convictions about words like "gosh", then she should be able to bring that up for discussion. But I completely disagree with how it was handled here.

I think it was great that the original poster informed us about Don's music being available for free. So why hit him in the head with a baseball bat in the very first response?

We should be careful about idle words, yes. But Ginny, we are also to season our speech with grace as well. Proverbs speaks to that quite a bit.

There is a time to be blunt, but I dont think this was one of them.

Don Francisco... great musician... incredible song writer. I find it interesting in light of this thread that a major theme running thru most of his music is [b]grace[/b].

Krispy

2006/11/27 8:05

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy