Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : My heart is for Revival in this Land

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
revivalnow

Paterson Nj

My heart is for Revival in this Land

A revival prayer,

Lord much of the time we do not know our own hearts, our pride gets in the way but if I know my heart at all I know that I am hungry for You to change me. I am hungry to see Your hand move, I am hungry to see You steep down and awaken Your Church that has been sleeping too long. As I look around I see You have been hemming me in on every side bringing me to that place of total dependence on You.

I can not fight you any more, just take me to the cross, and have your way in this poor heart. I am ready to join the all men you have prepared the go out and fight, all friends and family left behind. Open the gate I will ride out with you into the battle. My life is not my own, I lay everything down. If You My Lord do not go with us, all will soon be lost. So today I challenge You to fulfill Your Word, in giving us all we have been crying out to You for! For this Revival You have lead us to hope for! We have all Your promises written in Your Book.

Open the gate and let us Go!!!! You said as Father sent Me so send I you! Send us now in the power of Your Holy Spirit or all will be lost, I hear the cry’s from Hell in my ears.

Sound an alarm in the ears of your people, tell us it is time for us to Rise and shine Your pure Light, Love and Power!

With a humble, broken heart I pray! Send us just one more Revival!

Ian- Paterson NJ

2006/11/24 14:55Profile
revivalnow

Paterson Nj

Re: My heart is for Revival in this Land

I had a Dream last night, that I was lost in a city somewhere in the USA in wanted to go home but no one could tell me where I was, or find anyone to show me the way home. Also I could not remember where my home was!

Then I began to think about many in the inner cities of this land that are so lost. Yes there are church buildings in the city, but if you find yourself lost on any other day than on Sunday mornings there is no one around to show you the way home. So few Christians even in the city are awake, and going to the streets to share their faith. Over the past month I have been waking with men saved from the streets, and found a real hunger there on the street, it’s starting to feel like the New Testament again, but most of the church is still sleeping not even knowing how to share their faith.

The cities are on Fire, and the church mainly sleeping!! What game is this?

No One Cries out FIRE!!!!! Let’s go!!! But we build bigger building and softer pews.

Most will no longer hear the call to go, but those that are waking up to this call need to be trained on how to open up a share the gospel of repentance that saves with out fear.

Maybe some are here and know the truth, and have not yet moved out in faith; it’s on the job training time. Find one other Christian and go with them. It’s time to pray all night again and GO out in the power of the Spirit. If you now stay, the revival will not wait. The Harvest has been rip but we have been asleep. The poor and the broken hearted with hear you, but many in the so called church will not repent.

Let’s Go !!!

Ian

2006/11/24 15:04Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Thank you for sharing your heart brother.

I was just watching a documentary called [i]The Cross: Jesus in China[/i]. Their hearts were pouring out like water.

I was thinking about these verses this evening when I noticed your post:

By the rivers of Babylon,
there we sat down,
yea, we wept,
when we remembered Zion.

We hanged our harps upon the willows
in the midst thereof.

[b][color=000000] How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?[/color][/b]

[b][color=000000] How shall we sing

the Lord's song

in a strange land?[/color][/b]

2006/11/24 21:17Profile
Peacecraft

USA

Re:

Ian, your dream reminds me of a dream my best friend once had. On one side there were lost people walking down the street, on the other side were Christians comfortably sitting in their chairs not doing anything, just chillin' like they do at church while the lost pass by and enter into hell. There was a lot more that happened in this dream, but what you said reminds me of this part where the Christians are silent, not doing anything to reach out to the lost, and is that not our "Christian" culture these days? How many Christians share the gospel? 1 out of 50? 1 out of 100? We have a big problem here, something isn't right. If we loved God we would let people know right? It's so very tragic. We need to pray and we need to move. And some need to WAKE UP! Yes! Let's go!!! :)

Laura

2006/12/9 1:19Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

the problem isn't that the church needs to be revive to evangelism. the problem is that the church need to be revive back to their first love! if we would seek Him with ALL our heart, mind, soul, and strength, everything else would fall into place.

so many of us are so worried about the lost, but forsaking their relationship with God. we get all worked up about evangelism, but do not care that our heart is filled with sin. thats why the church needs to be revived. the church may look holy to others with all her good works, but God sees her nakedness, he sees their heart filled with lust, greed, idolatry, ect...

just like Jesus told the pharisees:

Matthew 23:25-26

25 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence.[a] 26 Blind Pharisee, [b]first[/b] cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also.

so many christians are crying out to the church, you need to go evangelise or you don't love God! thats so wrong.

instead they need to cryout woe, to you pharisees who clean the outside cup, but are full of wickedness, repent, and come back to your first love! God MUST be first! He must be above ALL, even evangelism. those who have been crucified with Christ are the ones that are called out to evangelise, they are the ones that will be used mightily by God. i am careful who i encourage to evangelise. not all are called, many are dealing with practicing sins, will not be able to give hope to the lost who is also struggling with sin.

may our first desire be to love God with ALL, and then we will be able to truly love our neighbors and rescue them from hell.

2006/12/9 1:43Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

p.s.

thanks for sharing ian. it sounds like God has put a fire in your heart!

my first post was to continue to encourage all of us to have a heart like yours, SET ON FIRE FOR GOD!

God bless, lisa

2006/12/9 2:12Profile
Peacecraft

USA

Re:

I definitely agree that the main problem is sin and impurity of hearts and that Christians need to be revived back to their first love. Not everyone is called to be an evangelist, but every Christian is called to witness as a way of life and open their mouths and share what God has done in their lives. I do disagree with this one point you made:

Quote:
so many christians are crying out to the church, you need to go evangelise or you don't love God! thats so wrong.

If people really loved God it would show. Like I said, not everyone is called to be an evangelist but we are all witnesses and disciples of truth and its a problem that many Christians do not witness or evangelize (I know this is a key problem in my church). People need to know about the truth. But in order for Christians to teach the truth and for God's power to be used through them, they do have to be clean empty vessels that can be used by God. Maybe the problem is that the church needs to be cleansed, but after that there must be witnessing. Just for an example, a church I used to attend for about 2 years. The pastor there was one of the most amazing teachers of truth. There was one man in the church who would go out and witness from dawn until dusk... everytime he asked who would go with him not one would go, not one would say yes. I think this is a tragedy. And maybe it does speak largely of deeper problems than evangelism, the result of a Christian culture that cannot guard their hearts and ache and weep over their filthy sin. Any way you look at it a Christian must do both, must be cleansed by God and used to go out and cleanse the world.

2006/12/9 12:58Profile
Here4Him

England

Re:

Amen Laura, we need a revival of Holy Ghost fire. It will have two influences on His people. Fire purifies and sets on fire. Purity and power for service.

I think of William and Catherine Booth- how the Holy Ghost set them on fire- how pure and holy they became, but how zealous and concerned for the souls of lost men and women. I think the two will always come together. Purity comes as we are filled with God's Spirit and someone who is filled with His Spirit will speak, no, must speak about Jesus Christ to people who most need to hear.

In the words of Keith Green, 'Jesus commands us to GO!'

2006/12/9 13:10Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

laura i know what you mean about those who receive the truth and don't do anything about it, and how no one is weeping for the lost

Quote:
Maybe the problem is that the church needs to be cleansed,

yes, this is the problem. its deeper. we shouldn't try to force people to go out and evangelise if they cannot even weep for the lost, the state of the church, and especially the sin in their own heart. these people would not be good witnesses. sure they can preach the word, but their life will not be a living testimony giving HOPE to the stuggling sinner. so, it will not be in His power.

i find too often that people i go out and evangelise with have the same problems as sinners, they still stuggle, so they will not be able to preach God's word in faith because they obviousely are in doubt themselves or else they would not have major stuggles within.

i also find that too many evangelists push people to go evangelise, and give them guilt trips , if they don't. the problem is NOT that the christian is NOT evangelising. the problem is that the christian has lost their first love. so i see too many christians go out evangelising in a frantic, all worked up in the flesh thinking this is what their suppose to do, if they are real christians. they are so concerned about the duty of evangelism that i see so many have forsaken the cleansing of the heart. seriousely, i see many think that because they evangelise they deceive themselves that they are IN with God. its like the catholic mentality. if i evangelise this many during the week, i've done my good deeds this week, and God will over look the other things in my life that i'm stuggling with. yes, this is the mentality of many christians, and it is sad. thats no different from any other works that today's church are caught in. thats why we need a revival. to revive the church back to their first love. once we are revive back to our first love, everything else will flow. we will not be moving hastily full of works, but will enter His rest, and be moving in His Spirit. where we will be like Jesus, and do only the things we see the Father doing.

its great hearing from you again. hope you are enjoying this site.

God bless

2006/12/9 13:30Profile
Here4Him

England

Re:

Myfirstlove, i see what you are saying. You speak words of wisdom and your very right.

Thank you for the reminder.

George

2006/12/9 13:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy