SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : The work of the devil?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Munchkin

London, Ingerrrland

The work of the devil?

Hi, I wanted to ask you all something. I used to be a regular on a website called endlessagony.com - a mock agony aunt page. I was one of the central members for about 2 and a half years, which involved mocking everyone who wasn't a regular, even if they were genuinely asking for our advice. I even mocked Jesus on that site. When I became a Christian, I stopped dead. From going every day without fail, I hadn't been back til just now.

I went, because I wanted to witness to them. I was very close to some of the people and, actually, sinned with someone from the site. Chris. Someone I love very much, but who I had to let go of when I found Jesus. Actually, I'm not sure I wanted to exactly, but the thought suddenly popped into my head, then I couldn't remove it. It was midnight and I was in bed, but I know God wanted me to do it.

I opened myself up to God and He told me what to write, which I did so for 2 hours straight. It was scary, cos I've had no contact with Chris in months, and he couldn't handle my being Christian, so when I had to choose, I chose God. I always harboured thoughts of being in touch with him again one day, and I'm praying he finds Jesus, but even seeing his writing scared me, and knowing he would read a ten paragraph testimony and tract written by me was scarier. But I did it, and pressed Send. On the site, what people write doesn't get vetted before it's made public. Much like here it appears instantly, except for the first time ever, the message disappeared. And when I pressed "Back" to see if I could retrieve it, it wasn't there, either. I know this won't be a big deal to anyone but me, but to me it's a HUGE deal, because I never dreamed I'd have the strength to witness to those people. So to then do it and to have it all disappear - I don't understand. It's NEVER happened so I need to know, did the devil do that? Endlessagony is diseased with the spirits of mockery, anger, blasphemy, cursing and any number of others, so did the devil stop my testimony from appearing? Is that something he can do? I still don't know enough about his limits to know. Should I try again? Or would God have made it happen if it was truly His will? I know this is probably pedestrian to most people here, but I'm truly praying you tellme what you think cos I don't understand and it's making me feel hopeless and helpless. Thank you.

2006/11/23 21:32Profile
KindGottes

Tulsa, Oklahoma

Re: The work of the devil?

Hi Munchkin,

I understand that this is a big deal for you. I´m sorry that I can´t give you much advice here, only can I say that yes, I believe the devil is capable of doing something like this. As we all know, he is very sneaky and crafty and the father of all lies. Since you wanted to post the truth, I can very well imagine that he deleted it before it got on the website.
I´m praying that the Lord will give you wisdom in what to do next! And I´m sure somebody else here on SI can give you a better answer than I did.

In Christ´s love,

Bea

2006/11/24 2:53Profile

My dear Munchkin,
I had that happen before, and such is never pedestrian, your heartcry is never trivial, it is breathed by the Holy Spirit.

When Pilate paraded Jesus in front of the people, they did not want to hear, they just shouted "Crucify him! CRUCIFY HIM!

But sister, God heard you, God read that post, and I believe He protected you, because the hellbroth that would have been engendered by such a loving witness would have been trampled by the feet of those who inhabit that website and it would cut you to the core, and your Father loves in and in this stage HE WILL PROTECT YOU FOREVER.

There will come a day, when your voice will ring clear and true, take heart and just let it go.

Ponder the Deep Things of God, cast not pearls before swine.

Faith is a gift,

love , bartle

2006/11/24 3:45
dohzman

Something to think on

In my younger years as a christian I would attribute everything to to either God or a demon, that wasn't healthy thinking, one day right after one of my trucks broke down I had taken it to a christian brother who was a mechanic and just out of the blue he made a statement to me which to this day has stuck, he looked me straight in the eyes and said, "sometimes we can think that the ole' devil is at work, but usually its just old parts that have broken and need repaired".

My advise to you is that you Look to Jesus the author and finisher of your faith. On a practical level, learn to simply save your work, your posts, that way if something doen't go well on the net simply re-post.

2006/11/24 5:31Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Quote:
I opened myself up to God and He told me what to write, which I did so for 2 hours straight.

Why are you doubting now? I would encourage you to write it out again, perhaps this will be an opportunity to further refine what you originally wrote, as the Spirit leads.
Then took Jeremiah another roll, and gave it to Baruch the scribe, the son of Neriah; who wrote therein from the mouth of Jeremiah all the words of the book which Jehoiakim king of Judah had burned in the fire: and there were added besides unto them many like words.
(Jer 36:32)
Take Dohzman's advice and write it out using something like MS Word and save it so that you will have it if this happens again.

In Christ,

Ron

2006/11/24 11:06Profile
Munchkin

London, Ingerrrland

Re:

Thank you very much. I'm grateful for the help I got here. Thank you. God bless. Anna. x x

2006/11/24 15:42Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hi sister,

Both Dohzman and Ron's advice is well heeded. There is an old post around here somewhere about saving your writing before you post, any number of things can cause you to lose it.

I keep a shortcut on my desktop for Notepad, to cut and paste to sometimes. One of the best habit's to get into is to use the right click menu and use "Select All", right click once more and select "Copy" before you post. This way, if something goes awry, it is 'held' in that mysterious cyberplace (until you "Cut" or "Copy" again and then the new replaces the old.) Once it is "held", all you have to do is go back to your blank canvas, right click and select "Paste" and everything you selected and copied earlier, is restored.

You may already be doing this, but for the sake of others, always use the "Preview" button to see how your post will "look" as well.

2006/11/24 22:50Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy