Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Text of the Mayflower Compact

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Text of the Mayflower Compact

In observance of [i]Thanksgiving Day[/i] I thought it would be fitting to post this.

[b]The Mayflower Compact[/b]

In the name of God, Amen. We whose names are underwriten, the loyall subjects of our dread soveraigne Lord King James by the grace of God, of Great Britaine, Franc, & Ireland king, defender of the faith, &c
Haveing undertaken, for the glorie of God, and advancemente of the Christian faith and honour of our king & countrie, a voyage to plant the first colonie in the Northerne parts of Virginia, doe by these presents solemnly & mutualy in the presence of God, and one of another, covenant & combine our selves togeather into a civill body politick, for our better ordering & preservation & furtherance of the ends aforesaid; and by vertue hearof to enacte, constitute, and frame such just & equall lawes, ordinances, Acts, constitutions, & offices, from time to time, as shall be thought most meete & convenient for the generall good of the Colonie, unto which we promise all due submission and obedience. In witnes wherof we have hereunder subscribed our names at Cap-Codd ye .11. of November, in the year of the raigne of our soveraigne Lord King James, of England, France, & Ireland ye eighteenth, and of Scotland the fiftie fourth. Ano: Dom. 1620.[2]

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayflower_Compact]Source[/url]

2006/11/23 10:19Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy