SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : SATAN: CEO of GET-U-HOOKED INC ...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
IRONMAN
Member



Joined: 2004/6/15
Posts: 1924
IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

 Re:

bro Mike C


Quote:
From the Moral Majority, to Pat Robertson, to the present day James Kennedy and Rick Warren...Christian 'leaders' bargaining with and inviting political powers right to their pulpit. Sincere but spiritless endeavors...adding even more division.



you know i read this article by zac poonen yesterday on God and mammon at this site:
http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/articles.php

and at a certain point he mentions that people rely more on mammon to achieve God's purposes than Holy Spirit. the enemy has brought many to this place where in the arm of God is seemingly too short or it is perceived that His word will return void. there is a vanity in us which the enemy plays on to lure us away from seeking God. we somehow substitute sincerity for unction and our own devices for the Spirit of God. in such endevours the final beneficiary is not God but man.

Quote:
Imagine Paul inviting Agrippa or Ceasar into his precious churches to speak on the political issues of the day. Imagine him inviting the leading Jewish authorities from Jerusalem to speak in the Christian congregations simply because they shared some of the same challenges from Roman occupation...



light has no fellowship with darkness...

Quote:
Today, our Christian leaders are less concerned with the worship of God, and more concerned with their religous sensibilities...the right decries immorality, and the left cries for social good...without first calling the immoral or the rulers of society to repent of their dishonoring indifference towards God.



the rubber meets the road...politics doesn't help much because neither party has the best interests of the Father at heart so one ends up picking the lesser of 2 evils so to speak. the bottom line is that no earthly system of governance will succeed. all will fail, communism failed and emocracy too will fail and ultimately Christ's Theocracy will be established (Millenial Reign) there is something to be said however about the man who is sympathetic to the Father in politics, he is unlikely to be voted in since one has to bend this way and that and we all know God doesn't change. we all need to repent.

Quote:
My conclusion is the church system can't be fixed...it just needs to be abandoned and reborn without all the organizational gobbety gook. 250 Years ago Welsely never intended to abandon the Anglican church, but to introduce reforms. Yet in the end his reforms were too paradamitic, making methodism incompatible with the Anglican church.



i agree with you here and our Lord has shown me this very necessity. since much of this system does depend on money, the collapse of the economy will uproot some of this. we're about to get a blast from the past...1st century when the men and women of God were on one accord as in the Acts. of course there will be some ananiases and saphiras but we're about to get pushed back into eachother. bro Mike, we might share more than a cup of coffee together! :-D


_________________
Farai Bamu

 2007/1/2 14:45Profile
Compton
Member



Joined: 2005/2/24
Posts: 2732


 Re:

Ironman,

Quote:
...there is a vanity in us which the enemy plays on to lure us away from seeking God. we somehow substitute sincerity for unction and our own devices for the Spirit of God. in such endevours the final beneficiary is not God but man.



We are simply corrupt. Although we can be sincere our sincerity is also corrupt. Our church growth aspirations have placed corruptable man ahead of Christ.

If only more of us could ache over our corruption...like that turtle that is on it's back helpless, we need a help that cannot come from our own powerless limbs. I've heard it said that the aching for revival is revival...that is when the thirsty soul longs for Christ, she will not be turned away or handed a stone or serpant.

I've been going through the "Life of David Brainard". As some here at SI have previously affirmed, this little 260 year old journal really captures the heart that is sick of this world. You might have read it, but if not I highly recommend it. (Caution label; this medicine will not cure your heartsickness for holiness...in fact it will only inflame it.)

Here is one of my favorite portions...showing not only how dead we are to this evil world, but also how we must strive though all obstacles to keep eternity in our sights.

"1742 Lord’s day, July 4...In the evening I withdrew, and enjoyed a happy season in secret prayer. God was pleased to give me the exercise of faith, and thereby brought the invisible and eternal world near to my soul; which appeared sweetly to me. I hoped, that my weary pilgrimage in the world would be short; and that it would not be long before I was brought to my heavenly home and Father’s house. I was resigned to God’s will, to tarry his time, to do his work, and suffer his pleasure...

“Monday, July 19. My desires seem especially to be carried out after weanedness from the world, perfect deadness to it, and to be even crucified to all its allurements. My soul longs to feel itself more of a pilgrim and stranger here below; that nothing may divert me from pressing through the lonely desert, till I arrive at my Father’s house.

“Tuesday, July 20. It was sweet to give away myself to God, to be disposed of at his pleasure; and had some feeling sense of the sweetness of being a pilgrim on earth.”

I couldn't help but notice that the first entry was July 4th...30 some years before there was a "declaration of independence" in America, Brainerd was privately declaring a true liberty... of the soul from this world.

Blessings bro,

MC

PS...guess what? I've decided to lay off the coffee. Getting myself back in running shape with God's grace. I'll have to fellowship over water when you come.
;-)


_________________
Mike Compton

 2007/1/2 23:59Profile
IRONMAN
Member



Joined: 2004/6/15
Posts: 1924
IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

 Re:

bro Mike

Quote:
We are simply corrupt. Although we can be sincere our sincerity is also corrupt. Our church growth aspirations have placed corruptable man ahead of Christ.



ahh this is it. Sigmun Freud was right in how nuts we really are...he was just wrong on how to deal with it. We are indeed utterly corrupt and as such without hope outside of Christ. what this means is that Jesus is the answer.

Quote:
If only more of us could ache over our corruption...like that turtle that is on it's back helpless, we need a help that cannot come from our own powerless limbs. I've heard it said that the aching for revival is revival...that is when the thirsty soul longs for Christ, she will not be turned away or handed a stone or serpant.



it seems God is bringing some of us to this point, praise be to Him. as our Lord shows me more and more how the world is falling apart, i see more and more the need for Him. when everything around us fails us, what then will we trust in? i praise God He's teaching me to trust in Him NOW while it's easier...

Quote:
I've been going through the "Life of David Brainard". As some here at SI have previously affirmed, this little 260 year old journal really captures the heart that is sick of this world. You might have read it, but if not I highly recommend it. (Caution label; this medicine will not cure your heartsickness for holiness...in fact it will only inflame it.)



bro i've not read the book as yet but i have a feeling i will read it soon. i feel though i am living it to some degree and i yearn to live in the Lord that much more deeply as i know you do.

Quote:
I couldn't help but notice that the first entry was July 4th...30 some years before there was a "declaration of independence" in America, Brainerd was privately declaring a true liberty... of the soul from this world.



bro Mike this is heavy...this is what true freedom is. bro i read tortured for Christ by Richard Wurmband and in it i saw people who truly were free. i see it in the scriptures, Paul, Peter, Mary Magdalene, Silas, timothy, i see it in polycarp and all those who through the ages suffered for Christ...free from the world, not concerned with their circumstances here but looking on to that Far Country and longing that others join them there even if it costs them this life.

i bless God for you bro and that He has shown us this True Freedom.

well i've been taking a break from the gym myself.i do so every year to recouperate. anyhow we can fellowship over water or whatever our Lord sees fit.

God bless and keep you and yours bro


_________________
Farai Bamu

 2007/1/3 14:20Profile
rookie
Member



Joined: 2003/6/3
Posts: 4803


 Re:



Quote:
ahh this is it. Sigmun Freud was right in how nuts we really are...he was just wrong on how to deal with it.



I believe Sigmun Freud actually began to understand the depravity of man. I believe Satan revealed this truth to him. And now this truth can be exploited by the kings and princes of this world.

When the world leaders first learned of Freud's discoveries, some sought to find ways of repressing man's tendencies toward depravity. While other have sought to play on these tendencies for their own gain.

The leaders of this world understand and fear man's depravity, few know where to find the light of the truth.

As we grow in the light, our lives will be transformed into a way of living that resembles the life style of Abraham...

Hebrews 11:13

"These all died in faith, not having received the promisees, but having seen them afar off were assured of them embraced them and confessed that [i]they were strangers and pilgrams on the earth.[/i]

In Christ
Jeff


_________________
Jeff Marshalek

 2007/1/6 9:28Profile
IRONMAN
Member



Joined: 2004/6/15
Posts: 1924
IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

 Re:

bro Jeff

Quote:
I believe Sigmun Freud actually began to understand the depravity of man. I believe Satan revealed this truth to him. And now this truth can be exploited by the kings and princes of this world.



i agree bro and through that nephew if his, Robert Bernays, corporate america REALLY sunk their fangs and claws into the masses and have not let go ever since...and their wallets and bank accounts doth overflow...



Quote:
The leaders of this world understand and fear man's depravity, few know where to find the light of the truth.



and they exploit it to their own benefit and the detriment of us all. this is how them wicked fallen angels work. they are indeed cunning and use men in a bid to hurt God by manipulating things in all manner of crooked and wicked way.

Quote:
As we grow in the light, our lives will be transformed into a way of living that resembles the life style of Abraham...



AMEN! as long as we know that this puts a big target on our behinds :-P bless God though that we are armed and He has already overcome the world and disarmed the principalities and powers.

Quote:
"These all died in faith, not having received the promisees, but having seen them afar off were assured of them embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrams on the earth.



i bless God He has brought me to a place whereat i'm not attached to this earth or anything therein but am instead looking to the Far Country so i can say, "i'm a pilgrim just passing through on my way home"

praise be to God. AMEN.


_________________
Farai Bamu

 2007/1/7 21:36Profile





©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy