SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A probing personal question?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Logic

Re: A probing personal question?

Quote:
If their was nothing wrong with the "Church", would I have anything to talk about concerning Jesus Christ?

You are presuposing that all ther is to talk about is contravercy or comlpain & gripe about what is wrong, or, correcting wrong doctrine.

However, there is an infinite amount of mysterious depths of the knowledge of Christ that I love fellowshiping with my brotheren about.

Doing this, I believe we may progress from faith to faith more than we would if we cut the above question out of the discussion.

I'm not saying that discussing the above is worthless however, because with it, we may be corrected from an error if we listen to our critcs.

I allways love to hear the critcs because they have a reason for what tje are saying, & sometimes they are right.

When I hear the truth, I will be persuaded to it.

2006/11/24 12:28Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

death2self wrote;

Quote:
not by some self-help psychological-based action.

Oh! brother! if we could only forget about strategy and allow the Holy Spirit to direct our thoughts and speech, how much more effective one would be!

Last week Jayapradha Bendela was a guest in our home. She is a lady from India who considers herself to be missionary to the USA. She told us stories how the LORD used her to bring conviction and repentance to people. Some are downright funny because I consider it reverse psychology! and it works...

Psychology, self-help books..I would guess the greatest beneficiaries are the writers and the publishers of the books.

BTW, it would be interesting to hear how the LORD is working in restoring your marriage...but do not feel obligated to share that info if you believe it best not to. Either way, I rejoice when I hear it happening.

My opinion..
ginnyrose

2006/11/25 22:18Profile

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Perhaps we should set aside a day here on SI where all we do is talk about how wonderful He is.

Makes me wonder if the same number of people would contribute... or would it not be controversial enough for some to bother?
Krispy

Amen, Krispy! I think that's a great idea. We talk so much about issues, but to just totally focus on our Lord, ah that is wonderful!

"Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable" Ps 145:3

2006/11/25 22:26
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: A probing personal question?

Mind adding one more item to this list? How about politics? Government, the stupid things they do?

Stupidity provides journalists with material with which to craft their work. As for me, I have to force myself to stay a tad bit ignorant on the subject because I can get all bent out of shape....

On the other hand, if we focus on God, who He is, what He is doing, we would be doing what I heard Jayapradha Bendela do: weep and cry unto God for our country...she challenged me with her prayers and her utter appreciation for the little things.
So may I become more like her....

Challenging post....
ginnyrose

2006/11/25 22:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy