SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A probing personal question?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

A probing personal question?

I had to ask myself this question a few years ago:
(or at least one similar to it...)

If their was nothing wrong with the "Church", would I have anything to talk about concerning Jesus Christ?

How about you?

2006/11/21 11:55
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re: A probing personal question?

Quote:
If their was nothing wrong with the "Church", would I have anything to talk about concerning Jesus Christ?

This is a searching question. When folk get real on fire for God they can look with the eyes of discernment and then continue on praising the Lord and fellowshipping with Him in His goodness. If the only thing folk can get fired up by is the 'wrongs' then there is something terribly wrong.

2006/11/21 12:10Profile
searchin

u.s.a. /

Re:

Ouch! this brings out the question of pride.
and balance....I find that with myself (regretably so) when I focus on the problems of others it makes me feel more spiritual. that of course is pride.
I become part of the problem by not becoming part of the solution.
Jesus said, "...first get the beam out of you'r own eye then you can see clearly to remove the splinter from you'r brothers eye."
so, there is a place for rebuke, reproof and exortation...but only from a pure heart of love and humility after God deals with you.

"You can make a difference in the lives of othes; but first you must let Christ make a difference in yours"

2006/11/21 12:40Profile

Re:

I wish there was nothing wrong with the church. How wonderful it would be to just talk about how wonderful our Lord is.

Perhaps we should set aside a day here on SI where all we do is talk about how wonderful He is.

Makes me wonder if the same number of people would contribute... or would it not be controversial enough for some to bother?

Kinda like when a church brings in a special speaker or a music group and everyone and their brother comes... but call a meeting where prayer is going to be all thats going on... and 15 people show up.

I know that sounds pessimistic, but it's reality.

Krispy

2006/11/21 13:10
myfirstLove

Re:

maybe, changing the topic here, but must comment.

Quote:
Kinda like when a church brings in a special speaker or a music group and everyone and their brother comes...[b] but call a meeting where prayer is going to be all thats going on... and 15 people show up.[/b]

that is so true, brother. i get filled with so much jelousy when i see people rather go listen to a speaker, but call a prayer meeting, and no one shows up. people making excuses, too busy to spend time with God, but when a famouse speaker comes, hey, we'll skip work, drive 10 hrs to be fed by man. this truly breaks my heart! it shows how many do not truly see their need for God, seeing they are utterly nothing without the Lord. a sure sign that they are trusting in their own strength, their own ways.

2006/11/21 13:34Profile
death2self

Washington DC area

Re:

Quote:

Great question. Where would I begin?

I'm finding that Jesus is much more kind-hearted than I ever imagined. I'm beginning to love his discipline as well, when I'm out of line or He is dealing with something in my heart that I'm unwilling to deal with.

He is quite literally bringing to the end of self-sufficiency and "my rights" in such a loving and compassionate way and to the end of the self life. He has been graciously dealing with the sins of the heart, those hidden ways that many refuse to allow the Holy Spirit to deal with. It's been painful but glorious to see Jesus at work.

He is restoring my marriage supernaturally, not by some self-help psychological-based action. Jesus is watching my every step and taking me to a place where my steps are ordered by Him.

What a privilege to be a bond-servant of the Son of Man.

2006/11/24 9:42Profile
RevivalArmy

DETROIT, MI

Re: A probing personal question?

Quote:
I had to ask myself this question a few years ago:(or at least one similar to it...)

If their was nothing wrong with the "Church", would I have anything to talk about concerning Jesus Christ? How about you?

I recently listened to a sermon by Derek Prince ("recognizing the enemy" - you can download it here on sermonindex) and he mentioned how a lady once came forward for deliverance, and he saw a spirit of criticism on her... so he commanded the spirit of criticism to come out in the name of Jesus, it came out - and immediately about 3 people around her also got delivered from the same spirit at the same time, visibly!

He said that's one of the "Church's" favorite demons. Watch your words- Because they reveal what's in your heart!

[i]Jam 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity; so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell. [/i]

2006/11/24 10:52Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

Quote:
This is a searching question. [b]When folk get real on fire for God they can look with the eyes of discernment and then continue on praising the Lord and fellowshipping with Him in His goodness.[/b] If the only thing folk can get fired up by is the 'wrongs' then there is something terribly wrong.

amen.

surely, if i don't have anything else to talk about, but the church, then my relationship is false with God. if, i don't have praises in my heart, dripping off upon my lips for God, how dare i even use His word to teach, comfort, and exort others with! but, just like death to self says, i have much to say about His mercy and grace over me. and, yes, i am SO thankful for His disciplines also that keeps me in Him with godly fear.

but, the reality is there is much wrong with the church, and God is very grieved at the whoredom. and i am very greived that many continue to defamed His name with their worldliness. for my desire is to see Christ glorified thru the church. if, one truly desire to see Jesus glorified this would bring upon such deep brokeness to see the state of the church, to see how many are using his name to glorify themeselves is sickness to my heart! but, i continue to THANK GOD that i am able to see this though it tears me a part, but such sight puts a burden upon me and drives me to pray and cryout to God, knowing He is the only one that can move upon men's heart. though, i feel a suffering in my bones for the church, i am also at joy believing in my Lord at the same time. i am also at joy knowing that all is from God. he has allowed me to see what i see now, that i may burn for Him even more, and pray according to his will. i thank God for bestowing on me his heart for the church, to break me upon the things that break His heart. brokeness is a blessing , and it leads to a deep love for the Lord, and others, and to be in the reality of Christ. brokeness also leads to ferverent prayers, and boldness to proclaim His name with no apologies, but with passionate love for Him, and His ways!

God is glorios, and deserve to be praise at ALL times!

2006/11/24 11:05Profile

Re: Bro Mahoney

Quote:

oh yes.......Just thinking about Him, I have a smile on my face. He makes a way out of no way.

He is my Everything, He promised never to leave me.

I've been reading and re-reading the Gospels and Acts over and over lately, but today the Lord had me go to Zechariah, oh what a blessed time I just had, and let me give you one Nugget He gave me, and forgive me coz its from the NIV, coz thats what I read from...its the 3rd Chapter, 8th and 9th verses and I will highlight where the Lord burned it onto my heart, and mind you, this was written in 519 BC:

"Listen O high priest, Joshua and your associates seated before you, who are symbolic of things to come. [b][color=000099]I am going to bring my servant, the Branch.[/color][/b]

See the stone I have set in front of Joshua! There are seven eyes (facets?) on that one stone, and I will engrave an inscription on it, says the Lord Almighty, [b][color=000099]and I will remove the sin of this land in a single day."[/color][/b]

Thats what I want to talk about...the Branch...Hebrew word is Neser.....Nazarene?

"and I will remove the sin of this land in a single day."

The love displayed on Calvary...in a single day, and the Gospel will be preached to the whole world.

No one knows the way the Wind of the Spirit shall blow.

The Church, capital C, the Body of Christ is the Lamb without blemish, perfect.....the church, small c is not, thats the way it will always be until the Day of the Lord. We are all clay vessels.

The mystery of the Love of Christ is just a glorious Thing to behold, to ponder , to meditate upon.

Sure, we can and will find fault with the church, I do it all the time, but when I think about the Church....my heart sprouts wings and just soars.

God bless you is my prayer today, bartle

2006/11/24 12:03

Re: Death2Self

you just made my day!!! by this statement:

Quote:
He is restoring my marriage supernaturally

God be praised!!! GLORY!!!

my marriage was not restored, but I wlll always treasure that dear woman in my heart, she can divorce me, but she can't stop me from loving her, always.

Your blessing from God to the both of you is a precious gift, treasure it, treasure her, and both of you treasure Him.

Thank you for bringing your joyful testimony into my day....you just made it.

smiling, bartle

2006/11/24 12:08

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy