SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer/Praise for Anxiety and Depression

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
moreofHim

Prayer/Praise for Anxiety and Depression

Hi everyone. I haven't posted except maybe once in a long time. I would humbly like to request prayer for my anxiety and depression.

Some of you know that the last two years for me have been rough. Skin cancer (melanoma- which is taken care of now as far as I know) and on the heels of this, my husband had an affair with his Vice President at his company. This has been a long drawn out ordeal and because of certain situations, she has been working for my husband, but her last day is Dec 31 (the affair was almost 2 years ago).

Anway, in July I had what most people would have a nervous breakdown (a major, major anxiety attack that lasted many days) I have been on the road to recovery, or so I thought. Some days I can be ok, and some days I just don't think I will be able to make it and I think I will have to go to the hospital.

I am afraid of medications and have only tried one kind for about 3 days. But I was so afraid of the side affects, that I freaked out. Wasn't sure if it was just my fear or the medication (it was lexapro).

It is a battle for me. I have tired everything I know biblically to do. I read scripture and meditate on the Psalms. I praise the Lord. You name it , i've tried it. I have been to two different counselors. Both Christian.

When I had the breakdown in July, it was mostly from bitterness i had to deal with daily because the 'other woman' was still working for my husband and I saw her everyday. I would forgive, but then the bitterness would rise back up again, because I had to face her everyday and her being around my husband.

But even now that i know she is going to be gone. I have these days of depression and overwhelming anxiety. I feel I have lost my christian witness. I have been humbled beyond belief. I feel like such a failure. And I know that in some ways it is a good thing. I know I am nothing without Christ.

But I so want to be normal for my children. I hate feeling like i am letting them down and letting the Lord down. I don't know why I am continuing to go through this dark valley. I am so afraid that I won't recover.

I would appreciate any prayers. Thank you.

In His love, Chanin

2006/11/21 9:07Profile

Re: Prayer for Anxiety and Depression

I'll be praying for you, Chanin. Cling to the promises that the Lord gives you in His Word. We have a great God and He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all we could ask or think.

~Joy

These verses have encouraged me...
"I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD." Psalms 27:13-14
"My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever...But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works." Psalms 73:26, 28

2006/11/21 9:34
RevivalArmy

DETROIT, MI

The Lord can definately completely deliver you from all of this. You don't need just any old prayers, and you don't need counseling, you need to be delivered. If you want help, I know where to go.

I am sending you a private message. PLEASE CONTACT THE PERSON IMMEDIATELY IF YOU WANT HELP AND TO BE SET FREE.

2006/11/21 9:36Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Chanin,

Good to hear from you again although I regret the circumstances that have brought this post about.

Will be praying here...

Also, might I humbly recommend that you read some [url=http://www.amazon.com/Candles-Dark-Amy-Carmichael/dp/0875080855/ref=pd_sim_b_4/102-2262235-1340133]Amy Charmichael[/url].

In Christ,

Ron

2006/11/21 9:43Profile
Nellie

Re:

Father God,
Show Chanin what to do, in Jesus Name.
I sent you a pm, Chanin.
God Bless
Nellie

2006/11/21 10:19Profile
Munchkin

London, Ingerrrland

Re: Prayer for Anxiety and depression

Hiya, Chanin. Am quite new so I don't know you so I hope it's ok that I've responded. Am so sorry to hear you're being tested so much.

Anxiety is an oppression, so being delivered from it is so the best thing, but in the meantime, God gave me this passage for you:

1Chronicles 28:20 "David also said to Solomon his son 'Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord our God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the Lord is finished."

I pray things get better for you and for your family. x

2006/11/21 10:25Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Hi moreofhim...

I am praying for you! I will spread the Word to others that I know.

:-)

I Peter 5:7

2006/11/21 11:14Profile
Rahman

Re: HE RESTORETH YOUR SOUL ...

Sister Chanin ...

sorry to write so much, but you know i have much love in Christ for you since He used you so mightily in my behalf when i first came to SI ... My prayers are many for you and your family, but especially for you that at this point you will really just let go and let Him ... Amen

Sis Chanin you wrote;
"It is a battle for me. I have tired everything I know biblically to do.

When I had the breakdown in July, it was mostly from bitterness i had to deal with daily ...

I would forgive, but then the bitterness would rise back up again"

Ahhhhh sister Chanin our dreaded Christian "battle", a "battle" we wouldn't even be going thru if we were not Christian ... Now it's don't strike out at the physical perpetrator(s) of our pain, but at the invisible force(s) behind it, for ours is not a "battle" (you know the rest) ... We learn that we're supposed to act like Christ, "Forgive them Lord for they know not what they do" ... But our "self" says, "Forgive them nothing, they know exactly what they do" ... Then that dreaded Christian "battle" ...

Pre Christ it was so much easier for me ... Hurt me, and i'm gonna get you back, some way, some how, by hook or crook i'm gonna make you pay ...

Post Christ, ughhhh, what do You mean "vengeance belongs to You Lord"? ... What! - i've gotta turn my other cheek ... Lord You must be kidding! - i've got to treat with kindness those who dispitefully use me? ... Lord forget about that heaping coals of fire on their heads! - how bout i take up a jawbone of an ass to um, that'll make me feel much better!!!

Sis Chanin i still have problems with turning the other cheek ... Just a half a year ago i had a terrible failure in this department, where i reverted to the OT "eye for an eye", took vengeance to myself and showed a person who thought they were nasty what nasty truly was ... i've long since repented and our Lord has removed that person far from me ... Funny tho, He didn't move on my behalf all the time i was begging Him to, all the time i was telling Him that i was about to lose it ... But when i broke He moved ... I'll never be able to figure God out ...

Sis Chanin you wrote;
"But even now ... I have these days of depression and overwhelming anxiety. I feel I have lost my christian witness. I have been humbled beyond belief. I feel like such a failure. And I know that in some ways it is a good thing. I know I am nothing without Christ."

This leads me to ask sis Chanin what is it that you'd really like to do tho your knowing better in God is still restraining you? ... Don't post it, but just be truthful with yourself and our Lord about it - then talk to Him honestly and earnestly about it ... See unlike you i've never been on a mission toward becoming more like Christ, this quest is represented in your posting name "MoreofHim", and in your signiture "He must increase, but I must decrease" ...

Everything that you're going thru right now is ample opportunity for Holy Spirit to make you an example of all that you've been asking: To be more like Him, to react more like Him ... As i've said to you before Christ came here to suffer, you're suffering, so now's your opportunity to allow Holy Spirit to example Christ thru you ... But that can't happen until you learn (and i'm learning this now) to do the hardest thing any saint has to learn to do in God, and that's REST IN HIM, especially when it seens all hell is breaking loose in our lives ...

i'm praying for you, but heres something i know from experience ... No amount of prayer by you or others is gonna free you from your anxiety or depression ... The only thing that will make you whole is when YOU CHOOSE to cast your cares on Him and leave them there ... To begin to actually live and breath such catch phrase scriptures as "we are more than conquerors in Christ" and "i can do all things thru Christ Jesus who strengthens me" ...

Without total reliance in/on Him we are all failures, and being truly humbled
to this fact can be very painful (to the point of His crippling our own natural power) ... It is a blessing fot me to hear in you, tho you are in pain, the reasoning of Holy Spirit still emanating from your spirit, for you best believe that in some ways this is a good thing ...You already know that your relationship, like all saints, is a one on one with Him, and if you don't make the decision to live in His promises to the rejection of what "self" demands as soothing retribution, then you as a saint in Christ will continue to relegate your "spirit" to an existence crippled by "self" pity ... i know it seems harsh, but this is some of what Holy Spirit has ministered to me about my own life which has not been a bed of roses either ...

Sis Chanin you wrote;
"But I so want to be normal for my children. I hate feeling like i am letting them down and letting the Lord down. I don't know why I am continuing to go through this dark valley. I am so afraid that I won't recover."

Deut. 30:19 - I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Your/our choice sister Chanin ...

Henry Ford said;

"If you think you can't, or if you think you can ... You're right"

Now this is a statement made apart from "not by our might, nor by our power, but by My Spirit sayeth the Lord" ...

Paul wrote in Gal.2:20 - I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Bottom line for any of us sis is the only "quit" in us is only from us, for scripture states that "He who began this good work in us is determined to finish it" ... We can meet His determination if we rely on Him, yea tho we're walking thru the valley of the shadow of death ...

And why are you continuing to go thru the valley, because bless God even tho there are times that we want so desperately to stay in our childish tantrums we know to much of the meat of the Word for Him not to be able to keep moving us on in our God wrought maturity ... We know that God seldom removes a storm, but brings us thru ...

2Tim.1
[7] For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Which brings us once again, full circle, back to our dreaded Christian battle, for we all know who the author of fear is ...

God knows you're beat up sis, He understands your/our infirmaties ... If you are drained of all your strength, resting in Him that this battle is not your own anymore but the Lords, is the only recourse

2Sam.22
[2] And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
[3] The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.

Pss.37
[7] Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
[8] Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.

Matt.11
[28] Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Heb.4
[9] There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
[10] For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
[11] Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
[12] For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
[13] Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
[14] Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
[15] For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
[16] Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

:-? ... :-o ... :-( ... :-) ... :-D ... :-P ... [b]He Restoreth Your Soul[/b] ... ;-)

2006/11/21 12:54Profile
dohzman

It's good to hear from you sis! :-) I've been praying for you off and on since last year.

Quote:
I would forgive, but then the bitterness would rise back up again, because I had to face her everyday and her being around my husband.

I rejoice in the knowledge that you have found out what Jesus meant when He said we ought to forgive 70 times 7, You have been true to God's Word. One of these days the feelings will line up with the Word of God and you'll have peace. May the Lord Keep you.

Quote:
But even now that i know she is going to be gone. I have these days of depression and overwhelming anxiety. I feel I have lost my christian witness.

Sometimes we just need to spend time apart and cry, you haven't lost you witness, you'll be just fine, hang in there today. Lord help you in your times of trouble and strengthen you out of His Holy Hill.

Quote:
I so want to be normal for my children. I hate feeling like i am letting them down and letting the Lord down. I don't know why I am continuing to go through this dark valley. I am so afraid that I won't recover.

Welcome to the true human experiences of life, I would call that pretty normal

:-) , your children will someday grow up and understand, all things in there proper order and that by course. It was said of Jesus, "A bruised reed He will not break nor a smoking flax will He put out", I assure you He knows right where you are at, He feels every hurt you feel, every anxiety you have He bears right there beside you, if you doubt me --- next time simply turn and ask Him, He'll prove my word to you that it was from Him. Love never fails and neither will Jesus fail you, He will perfect that which pretains to your and finish the work in you He started. You're precious in HIS SIGHT.

Quote:
I would appreciate any prayers

I have and I will. God bless Sis.

2006/11/21 12:56Profile
moreofHim

Re: thank u

I just wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers and responses. Many were encouraging to me :)

I have been listening to the music cd from Sovereign Grace Ministries entitled Valley of Vision (inspired from the book of Puritan prayers). It has also been a help. The first song is "In The Valley" based on Valley of Vision.

You can listen here if you'd like:
[url=http://www.moreofhim.net/music/inthevalley.mp3]In The Valley[/url]

When You lead me to the valley of vision
I can see You in the heights
And though my humbling wouldn’t be my decision
It’s here Your glory shines so bright
So let me learn that the cross precedes the crown
To be low is to be high
That the valley’s where You make me more like Christ

Let me find Your grace in the valley
Let me find Your life in my death
Let me find Your joy in my sorrow
Your wealth in my need
That You’re near with every breath
In the valley

In the daytime there are stars in the heavens
But they only shine at night
And the deeper that I go into darkness
The more I see their radiant light
So let me learn that my losses are my gain
To be broken is to heal
That the valley’s where Your power is revealed

Continuing to press on by His strength...

In His love and grace, Chanin

2006/11/22 7:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy