SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : “. . . Seek The Lord, Until He Come And Rain Righteousness . . .”

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 “. . . Seek The Lord, Until He Come And Rain Righteousness . . .”

[b]“. . . Seek The Lord, Until He Come And Rain Righteousness . . .”[/b]
[i]by W.C. Moore[/i]

What does the devil care about our prayers unless we pray until God answers?

Charles G. Finney wrote: “I knew a father in the West who was a good man, but he had erroneous views respecting the prayer of faith, and his whole family were growing up and not one of them converted. At length his son sickened and seemed about to die. The father prayed, but the son grew worse and seemed sinking into the grave without hope.

“The father prayed until his anguish was unutterable. He poured out his soul as if he would not be denied, till at length he got an assurance that his son would not only live but be converted; and not only the one but his whole family would be converted to God.

“He came into the house and told his family his son would not die. They were astonished at him. ‘I tell you,’ said he, ‘he won’t die. And no child of mine will ever die in his sins.’ That man’s children were all converted years ago.”

When things are held up, let us hold on as did Daniel (Daniel 10:1-14). Jacob’s night of wrestling in prayer might never have been mentioned in the Bible if he had not held on and absolutely refused to be denied!

And Jacob got much more than he was asking for. He was asking God to deliver him from his offended brother Esau. But not only did God give reconciliation there—He changed Jacob’s very name to “Israel,” a prince of God (Gen. 32:1-30).

The King’s decrees that the wise men should be slain, as given in the second chapter of the Book of Daniel, was apparently a disastrous thing, a fatal crisis. But it only drove Daniel and his three friends to desperate prayer—more desperate perhaps than they had ever known before; and thus, meeting God’s conditions of importunity and faith in prayer, God was able to do great and mighty things!

More Heart Searchings

The delay, the obstacle, the holding up of the answer should be only a signal for deeper heart searchings and more wholehearted, resolute crying out to God until He fully answers!

It was only by praying until God answered that Paul got that wonderful revelation of the “sufficient grace” of God (2 Cor. 12:7-10).

Micah, the prophet, failed God somewhere along the line—he sinned against God as some of us do sometimes, and Micah said, “I will bear the indignation of the Lord . . . until He plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: He will bring me forth to the light” (Micah 1:7-10).

Oh, may God grant us to see that the hard place is His bugle call for a more earnest, a more desperate faith on our part!

God is faithful (1 Cor. 10:12,13). God is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him (Hebrews 11:6). “Men ought always to pray, and not to faint” (Luke 18:1). “The kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force” (Matt. 11:12).

“Faith . . . worketh by love” (Gal. 5:6). May God give us such an intense, unselfish love for His cause and for His people that faith will be impelled to hold on until God fully answers!

In Luke 18:1-8 we see that the widow kept after the unjust judge until she had the assurance that she would be avenged of her adversary.

David fasted and prayed for seven days until he knew what God’s will was, and even though his child died, David did not fail to pray until God’s will was clear in the matter (2 Sam. 12:1-23).

Let us remember we are soldiers (2 Tim. 2:3); we are in a fight (2 Tim. 4:7); we are fighting the good fight of faith (1 Tim. 6:12).

We wrestle against the powers of darkness (Eph. 6:10-20). Let us not be tricked by any pretense whatsoever to quit praying and believing until we hear from God!

Let us be definite with God and expect and receive definite answers from Him who cannot lie; from Him who loves His children with a Father’s tender love. Let us keep faith working until we get the answer from God!

Let us glorify God by believing Him—believing His Word in the face of every sort of adverse circumstance— refusing to even “consider” anything at all that would cause us to doubt God, but, like Abraham, being “strong in faith, giving glory to God” (Romans 4:13-25).

The Lord never told us that there would be no dark tunnels in the journey of our lives. But, thank God, “Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness” (Psa. 112:4). So, Brother, Sister, by His grace, trusting in His love, press through the tunnel—there is light ahead!

Are you “pressed out of measure”? (2 Cor. 1:8,9). Then don’t trust in yourself but trust in God—“Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee; He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved” (Psa. 55:22).

2006/11/20 2:56Profile
MattChenier

Longview,WA

Re: “. . . Seek The Lord, Until He Come And Rain Righteousness . . .”

I had stopped praying much for my church as i began to believe the obstacles wouldn't budge. Somebody told me i was doubting God. I felt i wasn't doubting God, i was doubting man. Obviously my faith in God had no use. why? Faith without hope is useless.

The name of jesus is the key of the kingdom of heaven whereby we may open and close any door on earth or in heaven. We can't use this key if we don't believe in it.

So faith in the name of jesus being a key.. we can open any door. Well i had one problem. I didn't see any keyhole!!! Hope is the keyhole. I had faith in jesus but no hope. Therefore my faith was useless and dead. Without hope, there is no faith. And the door cannot be unlocked.

I didn't doubt God would. I doubted he could. I felt as though the door was impossible.

Don't ever lose hope... I have recently reevaluated my attitude and outlook and repented. I have determined to resume my faith filled prayers by believing that god can and will bless my church through my prayers.

Only a couple of days of gone by and my repentance has already brought me back to the anointing and confidence i once walked(but greater than before). Not only that but i can already notice my anointing affecting my brothers and sisters around me once again. Revival begins!!!

Is your problem a lack of faith or more deadly, a lack of hope. Hopefully its not a lack of love!!!
do you desire your church to be saved from their lukewarmness, or do you now despise them for your spiritual greatness over them... Take heed.

2006/11/20 3:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy