SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : HELL-FIRE PREACHERS NEEDED by brother Greg

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
captainjack

Fyvie , North East Scotland

Re: HELL-FIRE PREACHERS NEEDED by Greg Gordon

Gregg,

I have for a long time been convinced of our need for an old fashioned baptism of 'Hell Fire' preaching. It has always been the natural and obvious solution to the watered down demonically influenced gospel which is preached inside our churchs today. I have however, suffered much condemnation and ridicule from my peers when I have approached this subject. I have often preached messages which although have not been compromised, have not truly been what I believe needs to be preached to a lost and dying generation. Ninety five percent of those converted to Christianity at evangelistic crusades backslide, why ? It is because we are not presenting the gospel properly! It must be our duty as Christians to show this generation that there will be a day of judgment , when God's wrath will be displayed against all unrighteousness. Jesus said ' I am the way , the truth and the life' , without Him we are hell bound. Jesus came to give us life, His life and without that life we are lost.
We seem to be so scared to offend in these last days , political correctness has gone mad. We are trying to present the gospel in an easily acceptable manner. There should be nothing about the gospel that is easy to accept to those bound in sin and death. It is not our job to sell the gospel, we are to preach it and the Holy Ghost will convict the hearts of men . We are trying to promote the gospel in our own humanity , in our worldly and finite perspective. We must have a vision of eternity. We cannot expect to be able to pervert the gospel ! Look what happened when Uzziah put his hand on the ark! Ravenhill cried from the pulpitt forty years ago:

'Who's touching the ark '?

This lack of willingness to offend is taking people to etertnal damnation. Ravenhill said also :

'if we are the light of the world and yet the world is in darkness, who is God to hold responsible'?

Jesus gave us a great commision, to go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature, He also told us that we only know him if we keep His commands! Make disciples. Disciples are disciplined, God conciousness revolutionaries who live their lives in protest to the law of sin and death. Are we prepared to die for Jesus Christ and his gospel? If we are not, we cannot be His discilpes! It say's we must 'pick up our Cross and follow Him', there is one place a man carrying a Cross is going!Calvary and to death, death to this world and it's Satanic system of corruption. The question is simply how do you want to die? Do you want to die with Jesus at Calvary , or with Lucifer and his angels for all eternity in the lake of fire? One death leads to eternal life , the other to eternal damnation, we must convey this message, lest we answer on the day of judgment. Our heart must be breaking for those going to this punishment, if not then the love of the Father is not in us!!! Booth used to say that when training his soldiers for his 'Salvation Army', that the last twenty four hours of training he would have suspended them over the pit of hell, to give them a true perspective on what they were going forth to achieve.

Jonathan Edwards prayed:

'God stamp eternity on my eye balls'!

O Father give us a more eternity based perspective of reality, give us a revelation of hell, give us a heart to cry out 'repent', for 'judgment begins at the house of God'. Amen

2006/11/25 6:53Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

I would recommend you read this article and listen to this compilation on hell, may God grip us.

[b]MUST HEAR: The Damnation of Hell (audio)[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16926&forum=35

2007/8/3 23:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy