SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : another sign that we need revival

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
myfirstLove

another sign that we need revival

http://www.endlessgames.com/new1.html

to me, this is pretty sick and makes a mockery out of Jesus. is christianity a game? yes, to many it is just a game. to put such stuff out like this is a grievance to God and will cause people not to take discipleship seriously. not only will it take the serioseness out of discipleship, but it takes the trembling out of God's word. we are called to tremble at His word, not to have a good ole jolly time and laugh and play games with it. discipleship is so seriouse that if you stray from the narrow path you will not enter the kingdom. is that something to make a game out of? while christians are being entertain to death with christian games and entertainment many people are headed for hell.

no wonder the lost is laughing and pointing at the church. God is lifting up her skirt and exposing her harlotry with the world! does this not grieve us, that Christ name is being put to shame because of our lukewarm christianity and the wolves in sheep clothing that desires only money?!

Jeremiah 13:26
26 Therefore I will uncover your skirts over your face,
That your shame may appear.

in MY conviction, i threw away all christian videos and stuff that makes light of the call of God. how easily we can be deceived with things that is not outright sinful, but will slowly numb our hearts to the CROSS OF CHRIST and make us lukewarm.

while we are laughing it up with good entertainment and seeking God for more knowledge to be accountable for on the day of judgement, God is weeping and grieved over the sin of the church. it baffles me that christians are so ever desiring more knowledge, but will not obey the truth they know now and pray for the lost and dying church. why should God give us deeper understanding and we can't even handle the truth we know now?! the more we know and not obey, the more we are storing wrath for ourselves! we are so ever learning, not understanding that true revelation will simply come the more we obey.

we must get it in our heads that God hates religouse hypocrites. christians today boast so much of truth, but are not walking in it, especially those in the wilderness group. it was the religouse hypocrites that Jesus rebuked.

is anyone crying out, woe unto me?! i am a man of unclean lips! search my heart oh God that i may confess and repent and have nothing between us?! or are we comparing ourselves with weaker christians so we can feel good about ourselves and keep our lukewarm lifestyle?

if we are not weeping and praying for the sin sick world/church and crying out for God to be glorified then we too are playing the game.

Amos 6:3-6
3 [b]Woe to you who put far off the day of doom[/b],
Who cause the seat of violence to come near;
4 Who lie on beds of ivory,
Stretch out on your couches,
Eat lambs from the flock
And calves from the midst of the stall;
5 Who sing idly to the sound of stringed instruments,
And invent for yourselves musical instruments like David;
6 Who drink wine from bowls,
And anoint yourselves with the best ointments,
[b]But are not grieved for the affliction of Joseph (God's people)[/b].

God is lifting up the skirts of christian leaders. they are being exposed for their sin sick hypocritical life. do not think He will not do this to us. if we continue to harden our hearts to the truth that God has revealed to us, He will also lift up our skirts and expose our hypocritical life. God judges His people first. "let us draw near to Him with all our hearts, and confess all known sins and put away any doubtful habits, and make Him known publicly with no shame."

evan roberts felt compelled to share this message of the reality of God and the possibility of complete forgiveness of sins with his home youth group at Moriah Loughor.

summing up the message in 4 parts, Evan pressed it home to the astonished church

1. Confess all KNOWN sin

2. Deal with and get rid of anything 'doubtful' in your life

3. Be ready to obey the Holy Spirit instantly

4. Confess Christ publicly

Oh God, i pray, stamp eternity upon our eyes! let us see that life is short and we are quickly fading away! put in urgency in our hearts to get right with You. shake us up, and break us, moving us toward true repentance! God, forgive us for playing the game, for not being grieved at the sin of the church and of the world and especially our own sin. have mercy on us and bring us back to our first love. Father, i pray , give us a sober mind. help us be in the reality of Christ and not be deceived by the ways of this world that is under the power of the evil one. help us to see sin the way you see it that we may not take our sins lightly, but be grieved at the hypocrisy in our hearts, that will lead us to true confession. knowing according to Your word, if we truly confess and repent that you will be faithfull to clean us from all unrighteosness that we may go on with You from glory to glory and faith to faith!

God, i ask that you would stir our hearts and help us see the seriousness of the call of Christ, to pick up our cross daily and follow after You. Oh God help us to deny ourselves, to die that others may live and that YOU will be truly glorified thru us!

do we really want to glorify God? it takes the total death of us to glorify Him!

church, draw near to Him while it is called TODAY.

1 Peter 4:7

7 But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers.

2006/11/16 14:03Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: another sign that we need revival

Amen, let it be so Lord. Oh may we hear the call of God through the clutter of our self-life and worldliness in the Church.

"Then said the Lord unto me, Thou hast well seen: for I will [b]hasten[/b] my word to [b]perform[/b] it." -Jeremiah 1:12

[b]hasten[/b] - hebrew. TO BE SLEEPLESS, TO WATCH

Imagine it that the Lord right now is desiring, with fixed attention to bring His word to pass, his eyes are wandering throughout the earth for those that He will show Himself strong on his behalf. Oh will you look to see revival and a sober, watchful, alert church!

[b]perform[/b] - hebrew. LABOUR WORK

God will work in our age, He will accomplish his will, It will come to pass. God wants those that will labour with Him "co-labour" , "fellow workers" for the kingdom of God.

2006/11/16 14:11Profile
kdbutton

OH Amen Amen Amen!!!!!!!

Thank You Lord and hear our prayer have mercy on us Oh God most High, forgive us, forgive us, have mercy and bring us back again to you. In Jesus' name get glory in the Church by Jesus Christ throughout all ages but especially this age, we seek you, turn the tables over once again.

2006/11/17 19:29Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I need a revivial !!!
Dom

2006/11/17 19:33Profile
Tears_of_joy

Oh God, i pray, stamp eternity upon our eyes! let us see that life is short and we are quickly fading away! put in urgency in our hearts to get right with You. shake us up, and break us, moving us toward true repentance! God, forgive us for playing the game, for not being grieved at the sin of the church and of the world and especially our own sin. have mercy on us and bring us back to our first love. Father, i pray , give us a sober mind. help us be in the reality of Christ and not be deceived by the ways of this world that is under the power of the evil one. help us to see sin the way you see it that we may not take our sins lightly, but be grieved at the hypocrisy in our hearts, that will lead us to true confession. knowing according to Your word, if we truly confess and repent that you will be faithfull to clean us from all unrighteosness that we may go on with You from glory to glory and faith to faith!

Amen!

“Oh Jesus, there’s more to it then this. I can’t live so far beneath what I read in your Bible. Oh God, I’d rather die then live as selfishly as I’ve been living. Sit and watching television in the evenings and drinking cokes and let the world go to hell. I said: “Oh God, if that’s the Holy Ghost, I don’t want it.”
-David Wilkerson

"We are playing church. We are so busy trying to be relevant to the world that we have become just like the world..... AND the world is not impressed."
-Nancy Leigh DeMoss

As Ravenhill said: It's the most critical hour in human history and the Church is playing games!'

The tragedy of this late hour is that we have too many dead men in the pulpits giving out too many dead sermons to too many dead people. Oh! the horror of it. There is a strange thing that I have seen 'under the sun,' even in the fundamentalist circles; it is preaching without unction. What is unction? I hardly know. But I know what it is not (or at least I know when it is not upon my own soul). Preaching without unction kills instead of giving life. The unctionless preacher is a savor of death unto death. The Word does not live unless the unction is upon the preacher. Preacher, with all they getting- get unction.

We live in a world that it has lost his way, and a church the has lost its voice. That voice has to come!

I think it is a danger of seeking revival to justify my ministry, to prove
"we are the best people in the town".
What is it say in Malachi "the Lord, whom ye seek".
We are not seeking HIM,
we are seeking revival,
we are seeking healings,
we are seeking miracles.
It's not that we need!
If we get God, we get all that's need it!

I am tired of preaching, I am tired of words, we need God!

2006/12/4 1:29Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy