Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Revival is God's Finger Pointing at Me

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
roadsign

Revival is God's Finger Pointing at Me

These are the words of Lou Sutera, a revival preacher with the Canadian Revival Fellowship:

“Dealing with my neighbor’s sin is always much more pleasurable than dealing with my own.”
They come from this sermon: [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=13377]Revival is God's Finger Pointing at Me[/url]

It's one that I find worth listening to every few years. (just heard it again)

I first heard this message 10 years ago, and I admit, it was quite a jolt – a rude awakening. My focus easily drifts towards the sins of others and THEIR need to change. I need a frequent reminder that it is I first and formost who need revival.

I’m sure God has been speaking the same message to many here. Perhaps this thread could be a little oasis where we could share how God has been pouring his Spirit on our lives, helping us to see our own need for revival.

“Revival, God's finger pointing at ME.” Does this sermon speak to you?

2006/11/14 7:26Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: Revival is God's Finger Pointing at Me

I haven't yet listened to the sermon, but that is absolutely the KEY to revival: self-examination.

I was for months praying to the conversion of the heathen, which is good, and biblical, but not a catayst for the visitation of the Spirit of God, but rather:

Isaiah 6:5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

Luke 3:12 Then came also publicans to be baptized, and said unto him, Master, what shall we do?

Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

When we genuinely look at our own deadness, admit it to God, and repent of it, His Spirit will revive. But you must admit thirst before having clean water poured out on you.

God can't awaken someone who is convinced that they already are.

We want to be cleansed for doing His will, but we should be agreeing with Him as to the state of our filthiness so He can.

2006/11/18 22:24Profile
kdbutton

Re: Revival is God's Finger Pointing at Me

Thanks Diane for this link.

The blessed thing about the kindness of God's finger pointing at me is the laser (cutting light) surgery that brings healing.

2006/11/19 8:16Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy