SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Do Christians substitute prayer for playing the game?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Do Christians substitute prayer for playing the game?

I think this is still a problem for many Christians toay. Do you subsitute prayer for playing the game? Don't stop praying, infact, I would say that we need to pray more, but we can not use it as a subsitute for playing the game.

[b]“We Christians too often substitute prayer for playing the game. Prayer is good; but when used as a substitute for obedience, it is nothing but a blatant hypocrisy, a despicable Pharisaism...To your knees, man! and to your Bible! Decide at once! Don't hedge! Time flies! Cease your insults to God, quit consulting flesh and blood. Stop your lame, lying, and cowardly excuses. Enlist! "[/b] - C. T. Studd

2006/11/10 11:15Profile
kdbutton

Re: Do Christians substitute prayer for playing the game?

People who are insincere in their prayers will also be insincere about playing the game.

People who are sincere in their prayers won't be able to sit on the bench long because the heat of conviction of their sin that the Holy Spirit gives will make them jump to their feet and step up to the plate.

The Ultimate Hot Seat!

2006/11/10 11:25Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Quote:
People who are sincere in their prayers won't be able to sit on the bench long because the heat of conviction of their sin that the Holy Spirit gives will make them jump to their feet and step up to the plate.

This is true - so the question we need to ask ourselves is dose this dicribe me? Do my prayers and the Holy Spirit drive me to action or am I sitting on the bench?

2006/11/10 12:30Profile
searchin

u.s.a. /

Re: Do Christians substitute prayer for playing the game?

a tight rope walker once said, "BALANCE IS GOOD!"
you gotta' prayer but (if i may paraphrase brother James) prayer without works is dead!
the heart without the blood will not produce life and vise versa....prayer plus obeying the word of God will produce fruit in the life of the believer

2006/11/10 12:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy