SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Condition of our hearts.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
captainjack

Fyvie , North East Scotland

The Condition of our hearts.

[i][size=small][color=000066][font=Georgia]"This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you". [/font][/color][/size][/i]

I have of late become increasingly concerned as to the condition of my own heart. I work in a Teen Challenge centre as a support worker serving young men who have recently been set free from lives of drug and alcohol addiction. As I go about my daily duties I am becoming increasingly aware as to the blackness of my heart. I mean to say that in light of the revelation of the Agape love of the Father, I fall painfully short!! I am frustrated by my own impatience! I do not seem to abound with foregiveness and compassion. I am judgemnental and quick to assume the worst from those on whom God has lavished grace and unconditional love. I become more and more distressed by my own rechidness. In turn however, this has had an consequential effect, I become more and more dependent on the love and truth of Christ.
Galatians 2:20 states 'I have been crucified with Christ, it is no longer I who lives, but Christ in me'. The truth is; in my own strength I find it impossible to love the men the Lord has given me the priveledge to serve. I use the word love in context of Agape, God's unconditional and all forgiving love. I think: 'would I be able to go through the passion for them? For anyone'? It goes on to say in John 15:13 :' Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends'. It is humbling to think that the model that Jesus gave us is exactly where the Father is taking us! Paul said 'I die daily', and in that we find the truth. It is only when we die that He may live in us and through us. The only obstacle between me and the Lord is me. The only thing which will stop me loving with his love is me. My prayer is this : 'Father, help me to love as you love me, Father help me to die motivated by one thing: love '.

2006/11/10 6:20Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: The Condition of our hearts.

Captainjack, I can really appreciate what you shared here. I have found a similar condition in myself. There is a very definite end to all of my [i]virtues[/i] and a very shallow bottom to the well from which they spring.

I read something from Watchman Nee today titled [i]Ministry to the Lord[/i] that really spoke to me in many things, one of which, if I could put it in my own words, is the nescessity of drawing upon the life of God in ministry.

Grace and peace be with you in Messiah Jesus nd thanks for sharing.

2006/11/10 16:53Profile
HeartSong

Re: The Condition of our hearts.

captainjack,

If you haven't already read it, I think you will enjoy this thread that was posted the other day.

"They Paid the Price" Searle

2006/11/10 19:38Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy