SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Teaching on the Jezebel Spirit?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Teaching on the Jezebel Spirit?

I was a bit reluctant to post this but i really need some advice. I have read and heard a lot on the Jezebel spirit and how it operates today. My friend is reading a lot of books by someone called [url=http://www.jonasclark.com/]Jonas Clark[/url]. I really don't know what to make of it all really and need some sound biblical advice.
Can anyone help? :-(

2006/11/10 6:04
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Teaching on the Jezebel Spirit?

Dear sister Geraldine,

I went over to the ministry page that you asked about to see if I could help you at all. While I don't feel up to looking through the site's contents, I did see some things on the front page that would turn me away from hearing or recieving from this ministry, [i]even before I heard what they had to say[/i].

Right or wrong, but often when I see the names and pictures of men featured [b]prominently[/b] in some form of ministry it turns me away from them. Just who are we that we should stick our dirty faces and names next to the Matchless name of Christ? I do realise that [u]there can be appropriate expressions of this[/u], however I was not confident this was such an expression.

Then there are certain words or phrases which will turn me away also. For instance, while it is true that God does have "something powerful for your life".... [b]HIMSELF[/b], is this the sort of thing that we should appeal to, power? I think of what Paris Reidhead said, that God will not be a means to anyone's end. And then further on there's the appealing words [b]exciting[/b] and [b]adventure[/b] and the invitation to [b]escape the ordinary[/b]. Again, there are appropriate uses for such appeals but is this the sort of thing that should greet seekers of truth and righteousness...of God?

Sister, I think of the words of that one who was greatest of those born of women:

Quote:
[b][color=000000]He must increase, but I must decrease[/color][/b]

Yet I did not, at least at first glance, see this thing there. Instead, at least on the surface, it looked like it could be an appeal to build and further the kingdoms of man... and of men. For that reason I would turn away from hearing him, or them.

Christopher

2006/11/10 11:24Profile

Re:

Christopher,
Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate and value your comments and opinions. Theres so many books out there now on the 'Apostolic' that i have no idea what to make of it all.
I feel that i must simply focus on Jesus at this time and He will lead me.
Thanks again brother!
Geraldine :-)

2006/11/11 1:44
rookie

Re:

Sis,

I searched the site in hope that there would be more content that was not for sale...I failed...

Matt. 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

This spiritual principle seems to be lacking in this ministry.

In Christ
Jeff

2006/11/11 7:38Profile
roadsign

Re: Jezebel

Geraldine, I'm not going to check the site, since others have done so. But I merely share that I have seen the term "Jezebel Spirit" used as a nasty handle for someone a person doesn't like. Many-a godly woman has been accused of having this spirit.

It's too bad that a useful Biblical example gets so blown out of whack.

Of course, that is not meant to imply anything about the site you post.
Diane

2006/11/11 9:56Profile

Re: Teaching on the Jezebel Spirit?

Dear Geraldine,

I'm not sure what you mean by 'teaching on the Jezebel spirit'.

Do you mean, the thoughts of some man on the scriptures about Jezebel, or some other teaching, not related to scripture at all?

Revelation 2:20
"Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because [b]you allow[/b] that woman Jezebel, [b]who [u]calls herself[/u] a prophetess[/b], [color=006699]to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols.[/color]

The situation described in the above verse, shows there was a great lack of appropriate and truly spiritual leadership, that these things could go on at all.

The historic Jezebel's story starts in 1 Kings 16:31, 18:4, 19 early verses, chapter 21, then 2 Kings 9.

Within the context of God's commands against idolatry and sexual immorality, it is clear this woman was not a worshipper of God. God's prophet fortold her death and it came to pass.

These days, [i]if[/i] there are people with this mindset and lifestyle, they neither are worshippers of God in spirit and in truth.

There is a strange chiasmus as one crosses over the 'worship' floor*, in that one always is what one does, but through the work of God in our hearts as we believe into Jesus, what we do because of what we are [u]is changed radically through that response of faith[/u] and God's response to our faith.

I think I was accused of being a Jezebel - even as a child - because I was rebellious. As an adult, it had much more sinister connotations; but, it (the accusation), was far [u]less[/u] true of my HEART, than could be said of how my actions could be interpreted.

Even if these thoughts don't really answer your question, perhaps they help to eliminate some of them..... ;-)

* For those in the US and elsewhere, this is a UK Parlimentary term for changing party affiliation.

2006/11/11 16:53

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy