Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Prayer Meetings, 'How To'

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
brojsm

South Lake Tahoe CA. USA

Prayer Meetings, 'How To'

This is only my second post so I hope I'm doing it right. I mean to respond to the article on prayer meetings in a time of revival.
I do appreciate exhortations, but this instruction on 'how to'is much more helpful to me. There are a lot of sermons on how important prayer is but I really have a hard time finding any 'nuts and bolts'.
I've wanted to start a prayer group for men for some time now so this really helps as a starting point.
Any other practical hands on experience shared will be appreciated.
I know some feel ANY rules or guidelines are a form of control or 'legalistic' but I've found some are necessary to stay focused and the Holy Spirit can work just fine.
I'm only interested in results as I have many demands on my time. Single eye for me thank you.
Again any experience shared will help me and I'm sure many others. Let's just do it, shall we?

2006/11/9 15:27Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Prayer Meetings, 'How To'

Hi Brother,

You need to press on the "reply" button on the posts you want to respond to not "make a new thread".

I believe you wanted to post a reply to this subject:

[b]A Typical Prayer Meeting during a time of revival[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13263&forum=40

Simply in the future press on the "REPLY" button to post a reply to the message you want to respond to.

Quote:
I've wanted to start a prayer group for men for some time now so this really helps as a starting point.

I think this is a great request, I am going to add this "practical" part into the article I am compiling. I am sure others can you point more readily to resoures on the internet on starting a prayer group.

Blessings.

2006/11/9 15:32Profile
brojsm

South Lake Tahoe CA. USA

Re:

You are correct. Thanks for the help.
This web-site is awesome, Thank you.

2006/11/9 15:42Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

The one thing I have noticed about many prayer meetings is that they really forget to pray, or make prayer secondary to the gathering.

When I hold prayer meetings at church, generally I or my pastor give a simple exortation on prayer, and then commence to praying. Simply stay sensitive to the leading of the Spirit. You might want to gather in a cirlce, lay hands on eachother, ask people to give prayer request, write on a poster-board before hand some major prayer request/topics, scatter across the sanctuary, or whatever. Tell people if the Lord gives them something while they are praying, to wait until it seems like a good time, and to stand up and say they have something they'd like to share. Pretty much keep an open format.

Just so long as you pray, it really doesn't matter.

2006/11/9 19:56Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Just so long as you pray, it really doesn't matter.

I would say it is vitally important to "worship" and "extol" God in prayer. Without this prayer centers around "man" and becomes selfish and self-seeking. There is definetly a place for praying for each other but we must first come with the expectancy to meet with God.

After we met with God surely all other things will be taken care of.

2006/11/9 20:00Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

I would say it is vitally important to "worship" and "extol" God in prayer.

My comments were made with the understanding that somebody conducting a prayer meeting knows something about prayer :-) This is why I suggest that the prayer meeting be opened with an exortation in regard to prayer, so as to instruct the unlearned.

2006/11/9 20:38Profile
mamaluk

Re:

Quote:
I would say it is vitally important to "worship" and "extol" God in prayer. Without this prayer centers around "man" and becomes selfish and self-seeking. There is definetly a place for praying for each other but we must first come with the expectancy to meet with God.

Absolutement!

2006/11/9 20:44Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy