SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : How far can a church go?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
flyfishing

How far can a church go?

My situation is I am a bible school graduate and went my own way for awhile. Now i am back serving Jesus full time, completely. I have taken over a small ministry under my father in laws headship. I am doing 90 % of the preaching, some beliefs such as prosperity etc have been taught. It seems a hard task as few seem to be interested in a deep move of the LORD, in fact a few still struggle with smoking.. Am i being unrealistic in wanting revival with seeming lack of interest from others????

Or i need to pray harder???

2004/2/11 5:13Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: How far can a church go?

Quote:
My situation is I am a bible school graduate and went my own way for awhile. Now i am back serving Jesus full time, completely. I have taken over a small ministry under my father in laws headship. I am doing 90 % of the preaching, some beliefs such as prosperity etc have been taught. It seems a hard task as few seem to be interested in a deep move of the LORD, in fact a few still struggle with smoking.. Am i being unrealistic in wanting revival with seeming lack of interest from others????

One reason why we don't have revival in america is because we are content to live without it.
-Leonard Ravenhill

No you are not being unrealistic, you are facing reality and the obvious spiritual need of america and our churches. You have been given a burden by God, continue to pray it through. At the same time be active in the Lords will for your life.

Preach the truth and don't be scared of critism. Pray and let your messages be from this burden in your heart. It's as E.M bounds said: "Preaching from the head reaches the head, preaching from the heart reaches the heart."

2004/2/11 10:58Profile
Chosen7Stone

FL, USA

Re:

I really just want to echo Greg's (wrtbooks) words here.
God's placed this burden on your heart...pray, pray, pray, pray. Those around you will see your fervor...either they will criticize you for it, or your spark will light a fire in their hearts, too.
Either way, it is not them you are out to please, but God. Seek Him first, and all the rest will fall into place.

2004/2/11 11:02Profile
flyfishing

Re:

Thanks for the encouragement..

2004/2/12 2:39Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy