SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : recent elctions/ usa

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Compton

Re:

Quote:
But I have one question... who is in control? The Republicans? The Democrats?

... or is God still in control?

Indeed, and if this realization doesn't cause us to tremble then what will?

2006/11/9 16:02Profile
Compton

Re:

On Columbus radio today, a local pastor, Bob Bernie observed:

"America's problem is not political, it's spiritual.

If there had been a Republican landslide (this past election), the country's spiritual condition would have been just as deplorable...

...Our churches don't need more political activism, but need to get back to being the church."

Some important statements.... May his tribe increase dramatically.

MC

2006/11/9 16:45Profile

Re:

Compton... that quote is so true.

I believe we have a civic duty as Americans and Christians to being involved in the voting process... but what I see today in the American Church is more concern about politics, and not a whole lot of concern about people all around us lost and going to hell.

Krispy

2006/11/9 17:08
Compton

Re:

Quote:
but what I see today in the American Church is more concern about politics, and not a whole lot of concern about people all around us lost and going to hell.

I think you just described the (tragic) mission statement of American Christianity. Very well said. May your tribe increase dramatically too brother!

Bush (sr? jr?) used to talk about a thousand points of light. I pray sincerely we see a thousand points of pentecostal fires ignited in small local fellowships all over the map.

MC

2006/11/9 17:20Profile

"sniffed out"?

tpique1,
"sniffed out"?...or you speaking about Tom DeLay, and Ney and Abramhoff?....all who were as corrupt and money hungry as the day is long? (and DeLay publicly professed Christ..great witness)

They, the democrats didnt have to "sniff" out anything, is was so blatant and arrogant and in the light of day, that it wasn't hard to discern what the democrats call the "culture of corruption"....

and as far as Ted Haggard is concerned, do you really want to have this discussion? Ted Haggrad wasn't "sniffed" out by Anybody other than God, Who saw a white washed tomb, a hypocrite, a pharisee, one of the leading luminaries of the religious right shrieking about the "homosexual political agenda", and called his hypocrisy in front of the whole world......AND WHAT A WONDERFUL WITNESS THAT WAS.

...what a stench the word "evangelical" now conjures up in the body politic and the verbiage of the unbelieveing world, thank you Ted Haggard, and may God guard my own heart and my own walk in such a way that I don't bring discredit to the Name.

Frankly, I don't like your post. Greg Gordon, has told me NOT to write political posts on this forum, but when I start to see red republican whining and crying, and then trashing a woman, I myself am not wild about, thats it! I'm going call you on it.

Did YOU know that Ted Haggard was a member of the Council on National Policy? (wikipedia that)....along with several other prominent members of what would be termed as the "luminaries of the religious right".

Look that one up.

I'm done.

God go with you sir, bartle

2006/11/9 19:30
searchin

u.s.a. /

Re:

very well put! dr. james dobson (who some have accused of being too political) has some very good and encouraging points that he made today! marrige ammendments have been voted on to ban gay marriage in nearly 24 states. so while voters gave the tip of the hat to democrats the "value voters" were still voicing thier convictions in the voting booth!

2006/11/9 19:44Profile

Ccccchris

You and I have had this discussion before, and I have about five minutes before I have to go to work, so I cannot demolish all your arguments as I would see fit, but I do find it ironic, that Greg Gordon has asked me to refrain from political posting, whilst you get to systematically trash a party I am proud to be a member of.

Brother, the Democratic party is a LARGE tent, in my neck of the woods, "gun control" is hitting your target, and I'll tell you this, if we as the RICHEST nation have one child that doesn't have medical insurance, something is very very wrong....furthermore "enviromental protection" is a God breathed command, He told us to be stewards of this earth, its only the money worshipping idolaters that would put profit ahead of this stewardship, and breath life into real legislation that would halt the spread of greehnouse gases.

WELFARE PROGRAMS? you mention that? you gotta be kidding me, the greatest welfare program of all is to the companies who suck off the Department of Defense, meanwhile our guys and girls gotta beg to get armoured Humvees.

Let me tell you two fallacies that are have gotten and are GETTING trounced in the lastest election cycle:

A. the republicans are the party of faith.

B. the republicans are the party of national defense.

those two lies are the ones that are begininng to be exposed, and I am more than happy to say that I come from a party who gave you a President, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, who with the help and mercy of a Loving God, pulled this nation out of some really dire bad times....and I'm a follower of Christ.

I could say a LOT more, but work calls.

Greg.....I know what I said, but c'mon now, right is right...Freedom is messy, and free will is what we all have.

May God prevent this nation from every devolving into a theocracy wedded to an emperor.

oh, one last thing, if its true that this nation was founded on "biblical principles", why was it that the abomnidable sin of slavery was not only at its foundation, but flourished, UNTIL a group of sold out Christians labored, non violently and with stealth to combat this evil...why is it, to this very day, that WE as a nation DON'T REPENT OF THIS SIN to our fellow countrymen who are African-American? Why is it that you rarely see any God fearing black pastor aligned with the "religious right"?

I'll leave it at that.

bartle

2006/11/9 19:55

searchin

Quote:
dr. james dobson (who some have accused of being too political

I'll get to you later.

Dr James Dobson is.........I'll get to that later.

I don't think we want to have this discussion.

2006/11/9 19:58
Compton

Re: searchin

I thought the election was over gentlemen... ;-)

2006/11/9 20:34Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
I thought the election was over gentlemen...

As well as this thread. The truly sad part about this is that the issues of the heart never get recognized, if it were so it might be profitable to continue it. It's not the issues, it's the ideology, the party affiliations and all the associated baggage and venom and bitterness and opinions of mere men made ... and on and on and on. It is out of place on this site. It has been mentioned before that one rarely hears of the other representative countries government's and [i]politics[/i] of those that frequent here, rarer still is the notice of how much that fact escapes some.

2006/11/9 23:16Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy