Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : "Blue Eyed" Evangelists

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

"Blue Eyed" Evangelists

i dont know if that is the right expression in english, but what i meen by "blue Eyed " is that i see many evangelist that say people are saved, when i think the bible says something else...giving people assurense when maybe thay shouldent, my dilemma is that i sometimes doubt my wifes salvation, maybe not so much the salvation as her intrest in the things of God, i can see many things isent quite right in many areas... im no way perfect myself and have a long way to go, but i have this longing for the things of god, one example is my wife isent to intrested in the bible or prayer... just that is an "alarm clock" for me, but what conserns me is that ive talked to her and she knows the truth and she admitts she dosent do everything as she should, im aware some "bear fruits " faster then other people...i hate that word it is a process, but what "disturbs" me is everyone is telling me, and her that it is alright, do you belive? do you want to serve him? she says yes, then you are saved, god dont throw away anyone who wants to be his child . Now i have to say she is a very good and loving wife in all of her ways, she is probably the best mother on earth :) and im so blessed to have her as my wife, but it is my love for her that makes it hard not to see sertain things in her life, what kind tv program she watches, another example is she smokes ciggarettes, i do belive one can be christian and then still struggle whit that problem, but i cant see the will to end it even tho she says she wants to quit, and in the beginning i was all on her and saying all things just carelessly and probably puched her away from god, becoming a farise in my house puching all kind of laws on her, i could have dont it in a much more christlike way, but now ive distansted my self a little, ive gotten her to agree on some biblereading and prayertime toghter and also whit our kids, but i just worrie that she might not be saved... its just that she isent all that changed from before she confessed and now when she does confess christ...

she wasent you know for us humans so currupt and wicked in her lifestyle, maybe im being paranoid ...but still this is a problem, and i pray over this.... but im so tired of evangelist just ignoring so much what the word says... ive told her dont listen to people so much..not even me...compare your life whit the bible does god say you are saved...then belive it,

its just that i see so many people who say they are christians.... go to church but they dont pray they dont read their bible thay live as the world in the world...and then they say to my wife that she is saved and have nothing to worrie about and that her husband probably just gone to far whit this jesus thing,

id like just the dear saints on SI to share your experienses and thoughts and do share some scripture whit me to guide me in this matter

christian

2006/11/7 6:02Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: "Blue Eyed" Evangelists

Want us to share our experiences? Got a week?

Can I start with a scripture?

Revelation 3v16 says, 'So then, because you are lukewarm and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth'.

God rejects lukewarmness. He does not have double standards, such as the church today seeminly accepts.

One Christian woman once asked me how she could give up smoking. I simply said, just think of Jesus returning when you've got a cigarette, would He take you or not?

She said, I'll have to think about that, won't I?

Fact is, salvation should be openly evident, not questionable.

Your wife's condition is not rare, sad, but true.

If you have no peace in your heart over her condition, don't accept it, seek God.

It might just be you alone fasting and praying that can turn the tide.

Ask God to open her eyes, and those in the church too.

About two years ago, I prayed concerning people who were coming to the church who were not saved, believed they were, and grieved me every time I saw them.

I prayed, God, either save them, or get rid of them. After they were challenged concerning their lifestyle, they left.

I wasn't sorry to see them go.

However, don't give up on your wife and children, they are much too precious for that.

God bless.

2006/11/7 6:51Profile
KindGottes

Tulsa, Oklahoma

Re:

Quote:
One Christian woman once asked me how she could give up smoking. I simply said, just think of Jesus returning when you've got a cigarette, would He take you or not?

Do you really believe, if this lady was truly saved, that Jesus wouldn´t take her??

Bea

2006/11/8 2:51Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
any evangelist that say people are saved, when i think the bible says something else

Brother,
I just published a article on this topic:

[b]WORLDLY SAINTS by Greg Gordon[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13225&forum=16

many Christians are not walking as "saints" I would encourage you to pray for your wife and your life example and what words proceed out of your mouth will speak to the divine reality of your heart before her.

Remeber the scripture that says those that are of Christ come to the light, but those that are not of Christ shun away from the light lest their deeds be exposed.

Take heart dear brother.

2006/11/8 3:23Profile
jimbob

Re: "Blue Eyed" Evangelists

Quote:

hmmhmm wrote:
... Now i have to say she is a very good and loving wife in all of her ways, she is probably the best mother on earth :) and im so blessed to have her as my wife...
christian

Hmmm...in the end nobody is going to be judged for smoking, praying, TV shows, or bible study... ARE THEY? You have just described a good wife and mother, what exactly more do you want?

2006/11/8 4:37Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

2 Tim 1v7, 'For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind'.

1 Cor 10v31, 'Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God'

With those scriptures in mind, how does smoking, drinking alcohol, taking drugs or gluttony give glory to God?

You have to be 100% convinced that what you are doing, saying or thinking will give you entrance into eternity with God, and not eternity in the lake of fire.

Are such vices pleasing to God's Holy Spirit dwelling in us, or does He vomit us out, as in Rev 3?

If they are vices, why would anyone who is a Christian want to do them?

Romans 14v23, 'But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith, for whatever is not from faith is sin'.

This scripture speaks primarily concerning food, but goes on to say WHATEVER, is not from faith is sin.

I'm not interested in reasoning with people. As long as you can show me scripture, whether I like it or not, I'll grudginly accept it, and hope you will do the same.

God bless.

2006/11/8 5:16Profile
HopeinChrist

Re:

Quote:
how does smoking, drinking alcohol, taking drugs or gluttony give glory to God?

Matt. 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man

Agreedly, (is that a word?)none of these are ideal states to be in now or when the Lord would return. However I believe there are many who love the Lord but are in bondage to such things. Many of them desire to be free. As I heard in a message by Keith Daniels once,the Lord knows whether these things are a bed of thorns or a comfortable couch. I think it is a process to finding the key to be free from these things. It is a matter of surrendering them rather than striving against them in the flesh. Speaking from personal experience.

As Paul said, The things I would do, I don't and the things I wouldn't do, I do. sorry I don't have time to look up the scripture ref and I don't have time to proofread this. I hope it makes some sense.

Hope

2006/11/8 7:30Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
d like just the dear saints on SI to share your experienses and thoughts and do share some scripture whit me to guide me in this matter

christian

When I bagan to see the depth of what you speak of I became vexed sorely with grief. The Lord led me to a sermon some years ago called, [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=3745]"GOD [u]CANNOT[/u] PLEASE SINNERS."[/url] It is an examination of the folly of trying to preach a message that both pleases Saints and Sinners. It is impossible. It is impossible to please a sinner because their [i]conscience[/i] is always examining the preachers words. What the sinful heart embraces the conscience rejects and what the conscience affirms the sinful heart [u]hates[/u]. Therefor, it is impossible for God to please a sinner.

If preachers would only get this one fact they may see how foolish it is to preach another Gospel and offer false assurance to sinners. The problem is that many are deceiving and [i]being[/i] deceived. They don't realize what they are really doing. We say they should, but they are blinded by falsehood themselves. Like blind leaders of the blind. To rebuke them is to come out of left field in their eyes because they believe what they are doing is right. It takes the light of Truth as God shines it on them to open their eyes and when He does sometimes these ministers are almost horrified at their own teachings.

2006/11/8 7:52Profile
roadsign

Re: the plague of lukewarmness

Quote:
then they say to my wife that she is saved and have nothing to worrie about and that her husband probably just gone to far whit this jesus thing,

Christian,

You express the heart burden of thousands of spouses and parents who are deeply concerned about the spiritual condition of their loved ones. There is often a lack of sympathy from the evangelical community when the sinner is able to talk the talk, and look half-reasonably saved.

I remember sharing with a pastor my concern that a loved one was not saved. I was reprimanded for having such “judgmental thoughts”. Really, it is just as evil to view an unsaved person as saved as it is to view a cancer patient as having a “slight cold”.

Evangelicalism (as any branch of organized religion) tends to be obsessed with squeezing people into its mould. It wants to draw everyone into a giant holding tank called “lukewarmness” We all know what God thinks of that.

Jesus allowed people to be unsaved, and I believe that we must do that too. Have you ever considered the possibility that it may be a gift to let your wife be free from the church’s or your expectations for her? Leave her on God’s hook. He can manage her quite well.

Your dear wife needs to walk her OWN journey to the cross, and as long as the evangelical community are gripping them in THEIR tentacles they are hindering the process of an authentic journey. She, like countless of spouses, children, church folk, find themselves merely trying to run away from the grip of controlling evangelicalism – which may include their well-meaning Christian family members. I’ve been there – that over-zealous spouse. It has a reversing affect. I’ve had to do my share of repentance on that, and confession.

Loved ones who are lukewarm (quasi-Christian) need to discover that they are cold before they can become hot. We must allow them to discover for themselves that they do not know the Lord. They will never see their REAL need for Christ, as long as they are swimming aimlessly in our lukewarm holding tank.

Meanwhile, I believe that God calls us to focus more on our own relationship with him. As we grow in humility and Christ-likeness, sinners will be drawn to Christ through us.

God's Spirit can easily overpower all the rantings of the "blue-eyed" evengelist types. He's been doing it for centuries, and he still is. People are finding him through the power of the Spirit, and are learning to tune out the false voices.

May God do just that for your dear wife.

Diane

2006/11/8 10:50Profile
Abide

Re:

Enid,

I would like to speak with you. You have mentioned in a previous post and reposted the scripture that speaks on lukewarmess. I can see that you are able to quote many verses back to back and this is great. However, you have not yet quoted from Hosea. I have been waiting for you to quote from Hosea.

Revelation 3v16 says, 'So then, because you are lukewarm and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth'.

I prayed, God, either save them, or get rid of them. After they were challenged concerning their lifestyle, they left.

Enid,

When you prayed this, did they come back, did you pray them back into the Kingdom. Praying them out is not the answer it’s never the answer.

It is the Spirit of God that works in us both to will and to do according to his good pleasure.

HOSEA 3:5 Afterward shall the children of Israel return and seek the Lord their God, [inquiring of and requiring Him] and [from the line of] David, their King [of kings]; and they shall come in [anxious] fear to the Lord and to His goodness and His good things in the latter days.(A)

HOSEA 2:15 There I will give her her vineyards and make the Valley of Achor [troubling] to be for her a door of hope and expectation. And she shall sing there and respond as in the days of her youth and as at the time when she came up out of the land of Egypt.(B)

HOSEA 2: 16 And it shall be in that day, says the Lord, that you will call Me Ishi [my Husband], and you shall no more call Me Baali [my Baal].

HOSEA 2:17 For I will take away the names of Baalim [the Baals] out of her mouth, and they shall no more be mentioned or seriously remembered by their name.

HOSEA 2:18 And in that day will I make a covenant for Israel with the living creatures of the open country and with the birds of the heavens and with the creeping things of the ground. And I will break the bow and the sword and [abolish battle equipment and] conflict out of the land and will make you lie down safely.

HOSEA 2:19 And I will betroth you to Me forever; yes, I will betroth you to Me in righteousness and justice, in steadfast love, and in mercy.

HOSEA 2:20 I will even betroth you to Me in stability and in faithfulness, and you shall know (recognize, be acquainted with, appreciate, give heed to, and cherish) the Lord.

HOSEA 2:21 And in that day I will respond, says the Lord; I will respond to the heavens [which ask for rain to pour on the earth], and they shall respond to the earth [which begs for the rain it needs],

HOSEA 2:22 And the earth shall respond to the grain and the wine and the oil [which beseech it to bring them forth], and these shall respond to Jezreel [restored Israel, who prays for a supply of them].

HOSEA 2:23 And I will sow her for Myself anew in the land, and I will have love, pity, and mercy for her who had not obtained love, pity, and mercy; and I will say to those who were not My people, You are My people, and they shall say, You are my God!(C) (Amplified)

God is more interested in your heart then in your habits or addictions.
We are required to fast because because with our fasting God sees the urgency of our request: as he spoke to me in the wee hours of the night from the book of 1 Chronicles chapter 20. We have an enemy the enemy of our soul, and if we are to win and overcome this enemy then we are advised to fast. God has always honored this and you can see this through out scripture. What has taken root in our hearts (Enid) that has (Between you and me) or that bares the name of Gittite? Does not the scripture say that out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks? What is in the heart and if it does not please God how can we get it out!

God always comes back for us, does he not?

2006/11/8 14:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy