SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : How does one become a Christian?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: How does one become a Christian?

Sorry that I don't meet the criteria you have said, but here's two bits anyhow!

Atheists ask so many questions, because they have no answers.

Psalm 14v1 says, 'The fool has said in his heart there is no God'.

Basically, they are a foolish and lost bunch.

However, they are redeemable!

Whether or not you can answer a question or not, you can't lose. You're already covered in the blood of Jesus Christ, filled with the Holy Spirit and have your name written in the Lamb's book of life.

What more could a person ask for!

God bless.

2006/11/8 9:08Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Like Diane, I am convinced that this appealing to conscience is the way to take.

When George Fox came to the America he asked some questions of the American Indians he encountered. He asked them that when they tell a lie if they feel bad about it as to know it was wrong. They affirmed that they knew it was wrong. Fox then asked them [i]how[/i] they knew it was wrong; they replied, "they just knew." This is the conscience at work in man even though they have not been raised with any real moral values.

We could say a lot to an athiest but by and large it is a futile conversation because there is usually an underlying cause of their 'position'. They have [u]decided[/u] to cease believing in God. People are not born atheists, they come into this postition. The Hebrew word for 'fool' is Nabawl and it means 'to wilt'. The 'fool' has said in his heart there is no God. They have wilted from a once healthy position. This wilting takes place as light is rejected. Hearts are 'darkened' in their foolishness. Men love darkness rather than light because their deeds are evil. As Spurgeon said, follow them home and see how they live and you will know why their are atheists. It's a convenient position to take to butress the conscience as it screams against the lifestyle.

2006/11/8 9:22Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Ravi Zacharias' latest Podcast would be very helpful in dealing with this topic. It is called "Jesus As They Saw Him." Very good.

2006/11/8 16:49Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
People are not born atheists, they come into this postition. The Hebrew word for 'fool' is Nabawl and it means 'to wilt'. The 'fool' has said in his heart there is no God. They have wilted from a once healthy position. This wilting takes place as light is rejected. Hearts are 'darkened' in their foolishness. Men love darkness rather than light because their deeds are evil.

A most excellent post, Robert. Thank you. I am truly edified.

Brother Paul

2006/11/8 20:29Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy