Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sermon on the mount

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
kathyclark

Alabama

Sermon on the mount

I was wondering if anyone out there could recommend any good teachings, tapes, CDs or books on the sermon on the mount. I am studying Matthew 5 word for word in the Strongs, but would love to have some good commentaries. I feel this is a very important message for this time in church history. We must begin to take Jesus' words seriously. Any help you could give would be greatly appeciated. God bless, kathy :-)

2006/11/5 23:56Profile
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re: Sermon on the mount

Keith Daniel has a great on Matthew 5-7. From what i understand, he quoted the entire text rather than reading it.

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4230

2006/11/6 0:20Profile
kathyclark

Alabama

Re: sermon on the mount

Dear JoeA,

Thank you so.... much. I greatly appreciate it. I will check it out right away. God bless. kathy :-)

2006/11/6 0:25Profile

Re: Sermon on the mount

What about 'The Beattitudes' Thomas Watson. You can find his works here [url=http://www.banneroftruth.org/pages/item_detail.php?4372]Banner Of Truth[/url]
I actually have found it online here [url=http://www.biblebb.com/files/TW/tw-beatitudes.htm]Thomas Watson-Beatitudes[/url]
Blessings,
Geraldine :-)

2006/11/6 6:04
kathyclark

Alabama

Geraldine thank you so much. I will most certainly check it out. God bless you for taking the time to help me. kathy

2006/11/6 9:27Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

The sermon on the mount must become a way of life. It is Jesus' most comprehensive word to His people.

2006/11/7 0:07Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Campbell Morgan used to call the Sermon on the Mount... "Christ's Manifesto of His Kingdom". It is an interesting use of the idea. Political parties often set out their 'manifesto' to make clear the kind of 'world' they intend to create. This is Christ's manifesto; this is how the subjects of His kingdom will live.

2006/11/7 3:43Profile
kathyclark

Alabama

thanks philologos,

A good brother from this forum sent me a wonderful e-book by E. Stanley Jones called " The Christ of the Mount". It is so amazing. I have one chapter left to read but I see that this is what is missing from Christianity. We don't walk in the power of the early church, we don't turn the world upside down because we don't walk as He walked. This book is a great read. I did see that it is available used on www.amazon.com and ebay as well. Check it out. We need this message to penetrate our hearts otherwise we are just irrelevent to the world.
kathy

2006/11/8 23:39Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy