SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : George Best: "Don't Die Like Me"

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JGB321

George Best: "Don't Die Like Me"

With the first anniversary coming up of the death of George Best, we wanted to write a brief article, outlining the dangers of alcoholism which killed Best, at the age of just 59 years old:

http://www.excatholicsforchrist.com/articles.php?PageURL=best.htm

2006/11/4 14:13Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: George Best: "Don't Die Like Me"

Very sad. I saw some highlights of Best on a video. This picture of him early in life makes me think of one thing: potential. All his time, energy, and passion spent on a bottle.

From an ex-alcoholic, this was what made me cut off alcohol 100% after I got saved. If everyone would give up drinking, just for the fact that no one else would die from a drunk driver, it would be worth it.

I don't understand why Christians today can take alcohol so lightly. I agree with the late preacher Curtis Hutson, who said he wished we had 10,000 Billy Sunday's 'turned loose' in America.

"Booze sold to a preacher or a high school girl has the same effect whether it's sold to an automobile thief, or a horse thief."

"Oh, America didn't need repeal, she needed repentance. She didn't need rum, she needed righteousness. We don't need more Jags, we need more Jesus. We don't need more grog, we need more God!"

-Billy Sunday

2006/11/5 14:19Profile
JGB321

Re:

There is now a junior AA in the UK

2006/11/6 8:12Profile
JGB321

Re:

We've produced this article in A5 format, to give out to people on the streets in the mad build up to Christmas.

(Please do so likewise if you wish to.)

The press have reported that more money will be spent on booze this year than even before!

2006/11/16 5:45Profile
JGB321

Re:

The following article shows how sick the UK is, with the sin of drinking:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=416943&in_page_id=1770#StartComments

2006/11/17 5:54Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re: You are so right on. ;-)

2006/11/17 19:28Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I have had to put up with the drinking culture from the poorest person to the university professor!!
God we need a few pubs turned into prayer rooms!!! and a few nightclubs turned into churches!!
We have been praying that we take over a pub for a meeting hall!!
I have known a few friends a guy who used to come to the CLC was an alcholic an died, he I think he burnt a picture of Jesus in the shop!!
I know with homeless people the drink is the only thing to keep them warm and not to feel the pain!!
An Escapism and I wish that god would give us the grace to face the terrible bits of our life!!
GOd deliver me from my sin!!

Billy Sunday turned an american drinking culture to the Lord and we have the same Lord, Today!!
We need you Jesus . We are a mess

DO it again in England!!!

2006/11/17 19:39Profile
JGB321

Re:

Britain has more alcoholics (young and old) than the whole of Europe:

http://www.excatholicsforchrist.com/index.php?PageURL=decline.htm

2006/11/24 8:49Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy