SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A Question for Arminians

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re: A Question for Arminians

The only answer that I can offer to those who can't work out whether we are saved because God had already chosen us, or have a salvation that is conditional upon our choice to repent, and put our trust in Christ, is...Yes!!;-)

2006/11/4 0:35Profile

Re: A Question for Arminians

A true saint cannot loose salvation because "He who has begun a good work will finish it" (1 Phillipians 1:6).

One may serve Christ for 60 years, fall away and go to hell because he was never saved in the first place. You can run on the gas of your wicked heart for quite a long time. Add logs to the blaze of your pride or the blaze of your ego or the blaze of your hypocrisy.

Though a true believer will never fall away, many false brethren will and it will appear to be that a true believer can fall away but that is not the case. God has never started a work in the ones who fall away. Evidence of that is their falling away.

Some of you think God is so incapable of trespassing on your "free-will territory." If God wanted to save you He would save you. He'll be the only One who saves if you are to be saved. Scripture says,

"I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion."

God is not a unjust tyrant. He does this so that you'll be poor in spirit and not think yourself to have one thing but Him. This is why you must plead for Him to save you, this is why the gate is narrow, this is why there are few who find life because you must go low as to be poor in spirit. To be humble and lowly and to cry out to God to save you because you have no other means to be saved from His wrath.

Paul Mcgrade

2006/11/4 14:34
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Can we loose our first birthing, mom and dad? Yes, we all die.

Can we loose our second birthing? Spiritual birth by God with Christ in you? No, Christ will never die again.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Rom 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Rom 8:10 And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness.

1Cr 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Phl 1:20 According to my earnest expectation and [my] hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but [that] with all boldness, as always, [so] now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether [it be] by life, or by death.

Phl 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Col 3:4 When Christ, [who is] our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

1Ti 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

2Ti 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

1Jo 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, [even] in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Since in the Spirit our new life in Christ Jesus is not of ourselves, but of God, How could we possibly loose so great a salvation, not possible with God.

In the flesh, I can loose my salvation because it was not mine in the first place.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/11/4 16:12Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

Christinyou wrote:
Can we loose our first birthing, mom and dad? Yes, we all die.

Can we loose our second birthing? Spiritual birth by God with Christ in you? No, Christ will never die again.

Phillip,

How do you account for the fact that majority of the references to the Lamb's Book of Life, bare warnings that involve having your names blotted out?

2006/11/5 8:10Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Why will He confess our name before the Father? Because we confess His name. To all those that believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, revealed to each one like Peter, Thou are the Son of the Living God, our revelation and Rock of our foundation of the Bride of Christ, the Church His Body.

The Lamb died for all the world and the sin thereof, so that puts all in the Lambs book of Life, but if we don't believe then the names are blotted out of the Book of Life. This is the Lambs foundation of His Church. Jhn 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

This is the Rock of His foundation for His Church the Body of Christ, straight from Peter, whom the Father has revealed to Peter not flesh and blood. Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

The Book of Life is for all those that will come, but all would not and their names are blotted out of the Book.

You cannot loose your salvation by being blotted out of the Book, It is God who has sealed the Book not man. We cannot get in the Book unless God puts us their and those are His that He gives to the Lamb as His Bride. Jesus Christ will bring His Bride to His Father's House. He only lost one, that was Judas to fulfill scripture. He will not loose any more that the Father gives Him.

"Can we loose our second birthing? Spiritual birth by God with Christ in you? No, Christ will never die again."

He will never leave us and we that are born again are sealed and the sealer will never break the seal in Christ.

In Christ:

2006/11/5 15:57Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

Christinyou wrote:
Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
You cannot loose your salvation by being blotted out of the Book, It is God who has sealed the Book not man. We cannot get in the Book unless God puts us their and those are His that He gives to the Lamb as His Bride. Jesus Christ will bring His Bride to His Father's House. He only lost one, that was Judas to fulfill scripture. He will not loose any more that the Father gives Him.

While I hear what you are saying, considering that it is Christ that is threatening to blot out the names of those who do not overcome (which could probably be read, 'endure until the end'), then doesn't it stand to reason that one can 'lose' his salvaltion, as a result of not overcoming, by Christ Himself blotting out our name?

Perhaps even this could be tied to the idea of being "more than an conquerer" (conquerer/overcomer: same root Greek word 'nikao') in Romans, noting that it is "in all these things" that we are "more than conquerers". Note that the "all these things" are various forms of suffering, so then perhaps this "overcoming" is a reference to "taking up ones cross", which is the condition of being Christ's disciple.

Perhaps it is those who refuse to "taste death" until Christ returns, who will be blotted out. In defence of Phillip's asertion, it could be said that the one who hasn't taken up his cross, was never Christ's disciple, in reality, and therefore had no salvation to lose, but is it possible to put down the cross, after picking it up? Perhaps this could be an alusion to putting one's hand to the plow and looking back?

Either way, I for one don't want to risk being blotted out, and don't believe that Christ would dish out such a warning (which is addressed to the church, not the world) without there being cause for the church to heed it?

But that's just me.

Hmmm....

2006/11/6 6:05Profile
GraceAlone

Orlando, Florida

Re:

1 John 3:6
"Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him."

Why I started this post was for an answer to this verse which clearly states that if you're living in sin you are lost and have never been saved. Logically concluding to the doctrine of the perserverance of the saints.

Are there any refutations to THIS very verse?
Is there an answer to this verse or are all Christians to be subject to this verse and the doctrine which arises from it?

2006/11/8 16:08Profile
blinx

Oeiras, Portugal

Re:

[Quote] "A true saint cannot loose salvation"

Hebrews 6:4-6 says:

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Romans 11:20-22 (King James Version) says:

20Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

21For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

22Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

A christian (who stands by faith) can be cut off.

2006/11/15 6:24Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

May I suggest Keith Daniel's sermon on [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=7169]The First Epistle of John - part 1[/url] and [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=7170]Part 2[/url]? Has been a while since I've heard this, but I know that it helped me to put this issue to bed. Basically the message is raw Bible with commentary intersparsed. He backs up his every claim, and admits areas that he is unclear on.

One thing that I would consider, and this is similar logic to what Jesus presented to Nichodemus:

Do you sin? If that is the case then does that mean that you aren't saved? If that is th case then doesn't that mean that you are in darkness? If that is so, then doesn't that mean that you have not seen the Kingdom of God? If that is so, then doesn't that mean that you are not qualified to comment on this verse, unquickened by the Holy Spirit? If that is the case, then doesn't that mean that you can disregard the consequences of your interperataion? Ooops...then if that is the case, then the whole thing applie again...go back to the start...Do you sin...?

2006/11/15 6:37Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

blinx wrote:
Quote:
"A true saint cannot loose salvation"

Hebrews 6:4-6 says:

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Romans 11:20-22 (King James Version) says:

20Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

21For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

22Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

A christian (who stands by faith) can be cut off.

Interestingly, the sermons that I have posted speak right to the heart of both sides of the debate. The lessen to be learned is, "Why does it have to be one or the other."

2006/11/15 6:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy