SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : The 50-YEAR CYCLE of AWAKENINGS in AMERICA - URGENT!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
Andrew_Strom

The 50-YEAR CYCLE of AWAKENINGS in AMERICA - URGENT!!

"50-YEAR AWAKENINGS in USA"
-by Andrew Strom.

The First Great Awakening was approx 1741-1743.

Second Great Awakening was roughly 1799 - 1807
-though some say it lasted into the late 1820's and that it linked up with Finney's revivals from the 1820's on.

I think probably Finney's were "in-between" the 2nd and 3rd Awakenings.

I totally agree with those who think that 1857-1860 should be considered the
3rd Great Awakening.

Also 1904-1910 (Wales, Azusa, India, Korea, China, etc) should be considered the 4th Gt Awakening.

And 1947-1955 should be considered the 5th.
(Healing Revival in USA, plus Revivals in Africa, Hebrides, Argentina, etc.)

We have had FIVE GREAT AWAKENINGS - at roughly 50-year intervals every time. We are due for the next one RIGHT NOW.

There is a kind of "Jubilee" cycle of Awakenings in America, going back 250 YEARS. -But this can be lost if we do not press in.

This is very important for us all to grasp.

I don't know of ANY OTHER NATION that has a 50-year
cycle of Revivals like the USA.

But it is possible to lose it (-like Wales did) and if that happens
it will be a DISASTER for this country. We must enter into Revival while this "window" is open.

We need Revival pray-ers!! We need Revival preachers!!

It is URGENT that we do not miss this 50-year window. (For it is now 50 years since the end of the last one!!)

-Andrew Strom.

2006/11/1 11:54Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: The 50-YEAR CYCLE of AWAKENINGS in AMERICA - URGENT!!

I believe this is a important principle that brother Andrew is showing us. Surely one of the main reasons why there is a moral colapse in society and in the church is because of this pro-longed absense of God's Spirit in revival power.

Finney states: " At such a time a Revival of Religion is indispensable to [b]avert the judgments of God[/b] from the church." Oh how true this is! If we actually realized that the judgement of God is looming over the church?! then would we start to pray? I can tell you this that the beginning of the judgement of God on the church is the withdrawing of His immediate presence which He has already done.

This quote from FINNEY states the truth that brother Andrew is showing and the results of no revival happening:

" Nothing but a Revival of Religion can preserve such a church from annihilation. A [b]church declining[/b] in this way cannot continue to exist without a revival. If it receives new members, they will, for the most part, be made up of ungodly persons. Without revivals there will not ordinarily be as many persons converted as will die off in a year. There have been churches in this country where the members have died off, and there were no revivals to convert others in their place, till the church has run out, and the organization has been dissolved."

These quotes are from:
[b]WHEN A REVIVAL IS TO BE EXPECTED[/b]
http://www.charlesgfinney.com/1868Lect_on_Rev_of_Rel/68revlec02.htm

2006/11/1 12:15Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

[b]Perseverance[/b]
[i]by E. M. Bounds[/i]

"Perseverance counts much with God as well as with man. If Elijah had ceased at his first petition, the heavens would have scarcely yielded their rain to his feeble praying. If Jacob had quit praying at decent bedtime, he would scarcely have survived the next day's meeting with Esau. If the Syrophoenician woman had allowed her faith to faint by silence, humiliation, repulse, or stop midway in its struggles--her grief-stricken home would never have been brightened by the healing of her daughter."

[b]This Is No Time For Sleep![/b]
--Selected

"What meanest thou, O sleeper? Arise, call upon thy God, if so be that God will think upon us, that we perish not!" (Jonah 1:6).

Arise, Church of the living God! Call upon your God! The sands of time are swiftly running out. Night has almost come. Judgment's clouds are heavy in the eastern sky! Yet even now the hand of God will move to save His people if they, with bitter tears of repentance, seek the Lord with all their hearts!

The pagan world sinks in darkness while the Church carries on its program. How shall we answer when the piercing eyes of Christ search the soul? When He shall ask "Why?"--when He gave all for us-- why, with this message of life in our hands, do we sleep the sleep of death!

Arise! Arise, O Church of Jesus Christ, and call upon thy God--lest the nations of the world perish for want of the message of God's redeeming grace! Arise! Arise even now! Tomorrow may be too late! It is time to seek the Lord till He come and rain righteousness upon us (Hosea 10:12).
--

Oh Let us press in with all "Perseverance" and not let go until God comes down in revival power. How many of us are willing to tarry and cry out for God to release His power on us and come near?

2006/11/1 12:23Profile
Andrew_Strom

Re:

Do you know - Wales used to be a "Land of Revivals".
But they missed ONE WINDOW of Revival and lost it all. Wales has not had a Revival now for 100 years.

Similarly - the 50 years is NOW UP for America.

Will we enter in to our Revival in time??

-Andrew Strom.

2006/11/1 12:40Profile
jewalz

Elmira, NY

Gentlemen, we know the price that is needed to be paid for this to happen. Will you call a holy convocation? Maybe it should be in the dead of winter in an open field to see who really is prepared to pay the price? Maybe sack cloth and ashes is all that is required to 'get in' at the door?:) It might be that we need a little Gideon test to weed out the riff raff and the cowards and we might just end up with a handful of men who will pay the price and in that way we might see happen what we know the Lord wants.

Julian Raven

2006/11/1 12:47Profile
jewalz

Elmira, NY

Re:

And by the way I know of such a field!

Julian Raven

2006/11/1 12:56Profile

no.

we need persecution, first.

then comes the revival.

for the "deceitfullness of wealth", has become the thorn bush engulfing my mother country.

empty the people's wallets, empty their bellies, and then they will realize their utter dependency on God.

I say this respectfully sir and in the love of Jesus, bartle

2006/11/1 13:03
jewalz

Elmira, NY

This thread is more interesting than we think. A Canadian, a Kiwi and a Brit all burning for this great land........God is not deaf......the Holy One of Israel......does not sleep or slumber....He is not deaf!

Julian Raven

2006/11/1 13:22Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Quote:
This Is No Time For Sleep!
--Selected

"What meanest thou, O sleeper? Arise, call upon thy God, if so be that God will think upon us, that we perish not!" (Jonah 1:6).

Arise, Church of the living God! Call upon your God! The sands of time are swiftly running out. Night has almost come. Judgment's clouds are heavy in the eastern sky! Yet even now the hand of God will move to save His people if they, with bitter tears of repentance, seek the Lord with all their hearts!

The pagan world sinks in darkness while the Church carries on its program. How shall we answer when the piercing eyes of Christ search the soul? When He shall ask "Why?"--when He gave all for us-- why, with this message of life in our hands, do we sleep the sleep of death!

Arise! Arise, O Church of Jesus Christ, and call upon thy God--lest the nations of the world perish for want of the message of God's redeeming grace! Arise! Arise even now! Tomorrow may be too late! It is time to seek the Lord till He come and rain righteousness upon us (Hosea 10:12).
--

Oh Let us press in with all "Perseverance" and not let go until God comes down in revival power. How many of us are willing to tarry and cry out for God to release His power on us and come near?

AMEN! Let's not lay sleeping as revival passes us by!

2006/11/1 15:49Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

I am wondering if some of the solution might not be found in the article Greg posted today [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13124&forum=34]Are We Playing By the Book[/url] by Vance Havner. Many in ministry are aging and are become very conservative in what they will allow into their meetings. I don't know if this is because of their vast negative experiences all coming to bear or what, but the doors are shut pretty tight in some cases.

I will say though that there is a grass roots awakening happening in our circles in the Midwest. More and more people are seeing the light when it comes to the Gospel. It is happening slowly, but I am seeing real progress.

2006/11/1 17:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy