SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Grace or Love both please!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Delboy

Worthing UK

Grace or Love both please!

I invite comments for the above maybe obscure title,let me explain.Some preaching/teaching that i have heard recently has emphasised recieving Grace with little mention of recieving Love. example "God is Love." is it correct to say "God is Grace".I know that He is the God of all Grace I guess my point being is, does anyone think that an over emphasis on Grace nullifies the use of recieving Love :-?

2004/2/9 1:18Profile
moreofHim

Re: Grace or Love both please!

Hi Delboy,

I'm not quite sure what you're asking exactly? Any more info would be great! :-)

In Him, Chanin

2004/2/9 5:07Profile
Delboy

Worthing UK

Re:

Hi Chanin,sorry for not being so clear,I guess i'm trying to see what an over emphisis of Grace produces in preaching,if any.The recieving of God's love is a person, however i have heard recently lots of "recieve Grace".with out the recieve of Him.Any clearer?probably not! :-)

2004/2/9 10:07Profile
Chosen7Stone

FL, USA

Re:

This may be totally off-topic, but I'm going to try here.
There's been a huge overemphasis in preaching of this so-called "Gospel of Love" since the movement in the 70s, which isn't really Biblical. It focuses more on God's love, and mentions His grace...but doesn't talk about why we need this grace, or why His love is so unwarranted...because this "Gospel of Love" doesn't tell the listeners that we are all sinners and that we NEED this love and grace.

Alright. It's a start. Is that what you were going for, Delboy?

2004/2/9 13:03Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Hi Chanin,sorry for not being so clear,I guess i'm trying to see what an over emphisis of Grace produces in preaching,if any.The recieving of God's love is a person, however i have heard recently lots of "recieve Grace".with out the recieve of Him.Any clearer?probably not!

Yes I totally know what you are talking about brother! Salvation is a person, Christ! Many can believe they are forgiven but never recieve the life-giving Spirit of Christ in their hearts.

Quote:
It focuses more on God's love, and mentions His grace...but doesn't talk about why we need this grace, or why His love is so unwarranted...

And this quote by Mary (chosen7stone) is correct in that there is no preaching of the law of God and the sinfulness of men these days, Just grace and forgiveness. Ray Comfort touches on this issue powerfully:
[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=434]Hells Best Kept Secret [/url]

Even Martin Luther said that in his day a grievous sect started that just preached justification and grace without the law. He considered this a heresy because it doesnt produce believers in Christ but just actors in Christ. There is no true regeneration that happens because the people dont grasp the real reason why they need Christ.

2004/2/13 4:38Profile
moreofHim

Re:

"God is love, not, God is loving. God and love are synonymous. Love is not an attribute of God; it is God; whatever God is, love is. If your conception of love does not agree with JUSTICE and JUDGEMENT and PURITY and HOLINESS, then your idea of love is wrong. It is not love you conceive of in your mind, but some vague infinite foolishness, all tears and softness and of infinite weakness."

~Oswald Chambers

2004/2/13 5:42Profile
Delboy

Worthing UK

Re:

This is great stuff!
I love Oswald Chambers thanks.Also Greg is thinking along the same lines,All these things about wrong emphasis can bring a complete lack of assurance so thus starts the cycle of teaching about more grace and forgivness to believers.I guess the whole council of God is'nt popular.

Quote:
Yes I totally know what you are talking about brother! Salvation is a person, Christ! Many can believe they are forgiven but never recieve the life-giving Spirit of Christ in their hearts.

:-D

2004/2/14 7:31Profile
Delboy

Worthing UK

Re:

Quote:
Even Martin Luther said that in his day a grievous sect started that just preached justification and grace without the law. He considered this a heresy because it doesnt produce believers in Christ but just actors in Christ. There is no true regeneration that happens because the people dont grasp the real reason why they need Christ.

Quote:

wher can i find this from Martin Luther's writings? :-D

2004/2/14 10:53Profile

Re: Grace or Love both please!

Yes, there are "Christians" who hate hearing about sin, and the H-word (hell). Well, someone who rapes, strangles, stabs, kills, then dismembers a woman deserves to be punished. Some people's idea of God that He is so loving he wouldn't punish murderers, rapists. Well, a god like that would be corrupt and have no sense of justice. God loves so much and He is so good, that He must punish evil. Any court judge that let off a convicted murderer would be thrown out, well, God is the best judge. Thank the Lord, He has provided forgiveness for those who repent and trust in the only one with power to forgive sin, that is Jesus Christ, because we all deserve punishment for sinning against Him in our ignorance and rebellion.

2004/4/1 0:27
Delboy

Worthing UK

Re:

Hi simon, thanks for your post,I guess I was trying to provoke thoughts about things we hear preached in some places.your right,the truth is not popular.Let me leave a thought,A ladyin my home group last night said "after sundays sermon i felt very unsure about my standing with the Lord"(she is 2yrs old in the faith)
now this poses some questions,was the sermon wrong? No it was not.
does this woman not have a clear understanding of her new birth experience? Maybe.
Has she only recieved forgiveness and not moved on from this? maybe.
is the preaching/teaching she has recieved over the last 2 yrs failling her? most certainly.
Clear concise and biblical truth can be missing,this is common in many churches today,why? because its popular to be ever inclusive and never challenging to the core.
There are many good "jews" in the churches working so hard and their experience is old cvenant and not the new.
The featured sermon on the home page of sermonindex by Ron is excellent along with the other 3 in the series..be blessed

:-)

2004/4/1 8:45Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy