Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Quote:

philologos wrote:
What follows is not a hostile question but one which arises from my continuing puzzlement over this topic.

"why would God tell us all this 2000 years before it was due and what were the early Christians supposed to do with this information?"

bro Ron (Bailey)
that is a good question bro. i suppose the last days (like bro Eli suggested) began at pentecost and we have been living them ever since. i don't think God wanted us to lose sight of that hence Christ gave John the Revelation for every generation since then to look forward to the coming of Christ and live accordingly. For me the Revelation is the most wonderful book of the word because it gives me hope, and the word also says that hope doesn't disappoint. i can see Christ's return as being imminent so i am compelled to seek after Him and live accordingly to His glory.

i'm also reminded of the prophets themselves. Most of the things which were spoken of by Jeremiah happened toward the end of his life and after. most of the prophecies which were spoken happened many years after they were spoken so we see God has set a precedent (at least He has in my view) so why would God not give this info to the early Church?it certainly pertains to them as it does us also.how long was it between the prophecy of Christ in Isaiah for example until He actually came? why did God give that prophecy to Isaiah so many years before the fact? So that none would be able to say "i didn't get the memo" it's there for those who were there at the time and those who lived afterward to look forward to the Coming. Also for us and for those generations before us the Revelation being given when it was, gives us time to REPENT!!!

this i feel is the ultimate purpose that we would REPENT before God and worship Him as He ought.

Let us REPENT, REPENT, REPENT OR WE SHALL DIE!!!

2006/11/1 12:44Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:

philologos wrote:
"why would God tell us all this 2000 years before it was due and what were the early Christians supposed to do with this information?"

[b]Dan 8:26[/b] [color=990000]And the morning and evening vision that was told is true. [b]But you shall shut up the vision, for it shall be for many days.[/color]
Dan 12:4 [color=990000]But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end:[/b] many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.[/color]

What was anybody supposed to do with this information that Daniel recieved till even now?

It is for the sake of Prophacy.
[b]Isa 46:9-10[/b] [color=990000]Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
[b]:10[/b] Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:[/color]

The book of Daniel has confounded the critics & many stay way from it because of its' amazing accuracy.
The Jew don't even like it because it tells the exact day that their Messiah is to arrive from the 70 weeks prophacy.

So, it is for the still yet to be fullfilled stuff.

2006/11/1 21:03Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Logic
this is the beauty of fellowship! i'd forgotten about the words which daniel was given. there is even information pertinent to these days which john heard but didn't write down. since this info is sealed, i can only assume that there is more yet to be revealed to God's prophets in these days since God doesn't make a move without telling His prophets about it to get the word out for people to repent. i wonder what this information is?

Rev 10

[b]1 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire: 2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth, 3 And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices. 4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not. [/b]

2006/11/2 9:32Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Hi Ron,

I see no trouble with this passage, for basically all it is saying is that when Jesus Christ returns He is going to separate the sheep from the goats, just as the other two parables in Matthew 25 suggest. Return means separation. Like I said earlier, I don't try to fill in the gaps and speculate in those areas that are unrevealed. We know when Christ returns the dead in Christ will rise and those who are alive and remain will meet Him in the air as He is descending (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17. This much is clear.

If you still are unsatisfied with this answer, apply the same question to the secret rapturist.

Bless you brother,
-Eli

2006/11/4 2:37Profile
lovegrace

Re:

Quote:

Logic wrote:
Revelations interprets itself to a point. You need to look at how some parts of revelation mesh or overlap with other parts.
You can't read Revelations as chronologically linier in time from chapter to chapter, although some chapters are that way; some thing could happen at the same time or even overlap.

Brother Logic, God revealed this to me a LONG time ago. And just resently I heard the historical understand of it.

I heard this from a President of a AOG bible college. He said 'The book of Revelation was written by orential people. They weren't linear thinkings like us Greco-Roman people (Americans and Europeans). The people of the or-e-nt thought in cyles. For example, Greco-Roman people would say "January always comes before December" His reply to that was "Not if your in Decemeber". Greco-Roman people were linear thinkings (another example), one goes before two, two goes before three and so on. The people of the or-e-nt thought in seasons, summer fall winter spring. So sometimes they would repeat things to show the full understanding of it.'

That is a paraphrase, due to, it's been like a month since I heard the message.

God showed me the 7 trumpets and the 7 bowls are the SAME events, just repeated. That's is, still waiting on more revelation in the end time stuff.

Do a comparison, if you don't believe me, with the trumpets and bowls, the 1st 2 events don't look the same but the rest of them are describing the same event.

Blessings.

2006/11/4 8:16Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:

lovegrace wrote:
Brother Logic, God revealed this to me a LONG time ago.

I've learned not to pin things on God so quickly.
I've said what you just said about something, then found to be wrong on the matter.

Quote:
God showed me the 7 trumpets and the 7 bowls are the SAME events, just repeated. That's is, still waiting on more revelation in the end time stuff.

Though they may be simular, they are not the same.
Careful reading shows the difrence in the angels actions and duties.

[b]Revelation 8:6[/b] [color=990000]And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.[/color]
There is no reference to anything final nor of completion in the trumps but there is in the bowls.

[b]Revelation 15:1[/b] [color=990000]And I saw another sign in Heaven, great and marvelous: seven angels having the last seven plagues, because the anger of God was completed in them.[/color]

Another thing we need to notice is there is no inferance to the anger of God being completed in the trumps nor of His wrath.
Furthermore, their duties, they are very distinct from one another. Trumps are to sound and bowls are to be poured.

[b]Revelation 16:1[/b] [color=990000]And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.[/color]

Onother thing to notice is that we see no third woe after the Trumps, therefore we must asume ther is more, i.e. the Bowls.
[b]Revelation 11:14[/b] [color=990000]The second woe departed. And, behold, the third woe is coming quickly.[/color]

2006/11/4 12:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy