SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : AFTER REPENTANCE, WHAT? or IS REPENTANCE ENOUGH?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Luke 11:24-26 "When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.' When it arrives, it finds the house swept clean and put in order. Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first."

This house was not owned by Christ and run by the Holy Spirit. The owner had to keep cleaning the house, working hard but never able to attain a clean house.

When these 8 spirit got to my house, Jesus was the life of this temple and the Holy Spirit was at the front door answering all terrorists activities, they all fled. The House is always perfect and absolutely without spot or wrinkle.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/11/4 16:25Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Being "FILLED" with the Spirit happens to everybody at salvation.

I don't believe this is true, and many reputable ministers would disagree with you. If this was the case, why did Jesus tell the apostles to tarry in Jerusalem for the Baptism of the Spirit? Were they not converted before that? DL Moody sought the Baptism of the Spirit...and was filled. Ravenhill also spoke of being filled with the Spirit as being separate from conversion (though not with the obligatory tongues). Speaking in tongues doesn't mean you're saved, nor does [i]not[/i] speaking in tongues mean you're [i]not[/i] saved. But, there is most certainly a filling of the Spirit for those who seek and hunger. I don't get hung up on tongues, because for many, they are stumblingblock - but I will maintain that the Spirit's filling is an added enduement of power available for every hungry believer after his/her initial conversion. When I was filled, I spoke in tongues and was saturated with an intense wave of God's Holy fire. My entire walk changed; a fire in my heart was kindled, and I've never been the same since. Many others, all over the globe, experience the same occurence each day. Should we cookie-cut tongues as the [i]only sign[/i] of Spirit Baptism? I don't think so, for God is sovereign in all His doings. I believe a much better and surefire sign is purity and holiness in one's walk and the wisdom of praying in the Spirit. But let's not discount tongues either!

Beloved, you shouldn't make absolute statements about things that do not fit into your denomination's theology. There is just too much opposing evidence, too much scripture that indicates otherwise, too many holy men of God that would disagree with you, and too many genuine brothers and sisters who have [i]experienced[/i] what you say is wrong or impossible. In these situations, and concerning these topics of controversy, I feel it is wiser to say, I "believe" such-and-such is not true. Because we know only in part.

"Have you received the Holy Ghost since you believed?" (Acts 19:12)

Brother Paul

2006/11/4 18:27Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

1Cr 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and [that] no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Salvation is Christ in you the Hope of Glory. We cannot call Jesus Lord unless the Holy Spirit is in us also.

You cannot receive something that you already have. Jhn 7:39 But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet [given]; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.

It is Christ that baptizes us with and into the Holy Spirit, because we believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Jhn 1:33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, the same is He which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Ephesians 1:11-14 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

We are sealed in Christ by the Holy
Spirit and the Holy Spirit is the only One that can teach us the new Birthed Spirit of Christ that is now our spirit. He the Holy Spirit the Christ promised to those that love Him. John 14:15-16 If ye love Me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with
you for ever;

We cannot have Christ and not have the Holy Spirit also, we are one with the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

The Holy Spirit has come to glorify Jesus Christ in the world and He, the Holy Spirit will not even speak of Himself or make Himself glorified, but Christ Only. He must come with the Spirit of Christ or salvation is not available.

John 16:13-14 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

They are spoken of being One in the same in the same person and you cannot have One without the Other.

God Himself in the Person of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.

"In the Spirit", "Spirit of God", and the "Spirit of Christ", this is our salvation, a new creature.

2Cr 5:17 Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Gal 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

You cannot be filled with something you are seeking or asking for. Eph 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
This is not a command, but a completed prayer of Jesus Christ, satisfying filling: -accomplish, fill (up), fulfil, (be, make) full (come), fully preach, perfect, supply.

No second filling hear, we deny the filling by seeking.

2006/11/5 2:49Profile

Re: After repentance, what? or Is repentance enough?

Quote:
You cannot receive something that you already have.

Phillip, I think you can receive more of it without being denial of the first filling. Isn't this self-evident by the fact we need to eat every day.... we didn't just get to be grown-ups on the first meal we ever had?

Quote:
but be filled with the Spirit; - Eph 5:18

I believe this is saying [i][b]be BEING filled[/i][/b].... iow, a continuous condition of being filled by the Spirit and with the Spirit.

This accords with Paul's statement in Philippians 1:19, 20
[b]the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, according to my earnest expectation and hope[/b]

A 'supply' is usually at worst intermittent, and at best [i]continuous[/i].

I am not suggesting the Holy Spirit leaves the born again believer, but that to be empowered for really effective service, the weight of exhortation from Paul is towards being filled more than once.

You can find this in the New Testament by looking at 'filled' with the Spirit, which is often talking about the apostles or mature believers.

2006/11/5 15:23
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

At the answer of the prayer of Jesus Christ, we don't get part of the Holy Spirit, we either get all of Him or none of Him. The Holy Spirit is a Dove and will not force the believer over his will to be filled by His Dove leading presence. This is the same "will" we have which will commit sin and will not choose God, but God chastens those that are son's, that is God's will for His Children, be filled. WE get all of Christ and all of the Holy Spirit when we receive even God our Father.

Jhn 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Jhn 17:26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare [it]: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

Be filled? How? Jhn 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Jhn 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jhn 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

By God the Father that abides with us also.
Jhn 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

2006/11/5 23:20Profile
GraceAlone

Orlando, Florida

Re:

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit we were ALL baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit.

We can at least all agree that we ALL have the Holy Spirit when we are converted. If not then I'd need a refutation to 1 Cor 12:13.

Acts 5:32
"And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him.”"

2006/11/8 16:14Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy