SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : David Wilkerson....

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
searchin

u.s.a. /

David Wilkerson....

about 4 years ago I had the honor to speak, one on one, with Pastor David Wilkerson of Time Square Church in New York City and after about twenty minutes he said, "Many people try to complicate the message...but it is so simple (he said)if you will stay in the prayer closet and stay in the book (the Bible) you will make it! Don't forsake prayer and reading and obeying God's word"
He finished our conversation by saying if he had one thing to say to pastors and ministers, as well as every believer the message he would bring is... "Nothing takes the place of prayer and the faithfully walking in the word."

2006/10/29 10:11Profile

Re: David Wilkerson....

All the "greats" of the faith declare this simple truth. Prayer without ceasing, feeding on the word continualy, and faithfully obeying what we have prayed and read about.
It is like the three legs of a stool which support the seat. The seat being the mercy seat of Christ, if you will allow such an analogy.

2006/10/29 12:54
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

"Trust and Obey" there is no other way.

2006/10/29 16:00Profile
searchin

u.s.a. /

Re: analogy

great analogy...3 seems to be the right number as well. God uses prayer an obedient heart and his word to accomplish his will on the earth. just like music. three notes make a chord in which musicians create great melodies....if you will allow such an analogy! :-) :-o

2006/10/29 16:55Profile
pilotscove

Re:

The gospel is so very simple, but man has complicated it. I read this passage of scripture one time and the Holy Spirit quickened me to the simplicity of the gospel.

The verse is found in John 2:5b - "...Whatsoever he saith unto you, do [it]."

Now we want to be like Jesus and reflect his perfect image to the Father, right? Now what did Jesus say He did? He said, "... When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am [he], and [that] I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things." - John 8:28.

What better example is there than Christ?

2006/11/8 11:29Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy