SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Peter Ruckman vs. Karl Keating: The Catholic Debate

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JGB321

Peter Ruckman vs. Karl Keating: The Catholic Debate

It was six hours long, filmed in 1987, and is one of the most interesting and fast moving debates between a Roman Catholic and Fundamentalist I have yet to see.

For those interested, we have typed up the main points and arguments from this heated debate.

http://www.excatholicsforchrist.com/articles.php?PageURL=Karl%20Keating%20defender%20of%20the%20Catholic%20faith.htm

2006/10/28 16:54Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re: Peter Ruckman vs. Karl Keating: The Catholic Debate

Why not post it on google video or youtube... I'd be interested to see it.

2006/10/28 17:29Profile
lovegrace

Re:

Yes, I would be to.

2006/10/28 18:58Profile

Re:

I dont know exactly where Ruckman stood back in the late eighties when this debate took place... but as of late he is viewed as an extreme kook, and I have to say that I agree with this view of him. I dont know if it's because of his age or if he has always been this way, but he has done more harm than good for fundamentalism as a whole.

His stance on the KJV (and I am considered a KJV-Only person) is extreme and to the point of being bizarre. His fundamentalist views are even worse. When people attack those of us who stand for the KJV, they do so by quoting many of the bizarre, extreme, and nut-job teachings of Ruckman. When they do this they lump all of us in the same catgory with Ruckman... and Ruckman and I couldnt be further apart.

While this debate about the Catholic Church may be a good one, and filled with valuable information (I've giving it the benefit of the doubt, since I havent seen it) I would warn everyone here to approach any teachings by Peter Ruckman with caution. He does preach salvation... but he dives off the deep end after that on many doctrines. Not to mention that his public tyrades against his detractors (I say public because he has no problem publishing his tyrades) is malicious and mean spirited.

Krispy

2006/10/30 12:53
JGB321

Re:

One either loves or hates Ruckman. However, we all need to be VERY careful about what we accept or reject, when listening to any particular teacher. Always filter what one says, with an open Bible.

2006/10/30 15:01Profile

Re:

Be sure of one thing... I dont [i]hate[/i] Ruckman. I believe he is a brother. I dont reject all of his teachings, just like I dont totally reject all of Benny Hinn's teachings. I'm simply issuing a warning about Ruckman because some of his teachings would be best suited for the Far Side cartoons.

Krispy

2006/10/30 15:25
JGB321

Re:

I know Ruckman has his flaws (don't we all) but Benny Hinn is a false teacher and a liar!

The man also earns $200 million a year.

Please see the following clip on Mr. Hinn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ibJatMfag8

2006/11/7 14:52Profile

Re:

Quote:
I know Ruckman has his flaws (don't we all) but Benny Hinn is a false teacher and a liar!

You must be new here if you're assuming I am a supporter of Benny Hinn... ;-)

Krispy

2006/11/7 17:15

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy