SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why don't people want JESUS??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro ashley
i got to listen to "hell's best kept secret" yesterday and the question you're asking in this thread is pretty well answered in it. People are unaware that they need salvation hence the disinterest. this is the tragedy of our state, we don't even know we need to be saved unless God quickens us to it, Help us Lord! hence nobody can come to the Son (who is the only way to the Father) unless the Father draws Him.

we need to know that we have offended God before the gospel can make any sense at all. Ray comfort explained that as the major reason for backsliding and i agree. we don't know how much we have offended God and that needs to be made plain by confronting men with their sins and also us being confronted with our own for the gospel to really make sense. noone will take anything they don't think they need and hold onto it.

2006/11/1 19:22Profile
AshleyJnr

Guolburn, NSW Australia

Re:

Thanks Compliments for you're word, it was encouraging. It is God who gives increase in his time. So I guess I'll just have to keep being faithful regardless!!

IRONMAN, I have listened to "hell's best kept secret" several times lately and have been trying to implement this teaching. But the response is either
"There is no God, so how could I offend him?"
or
"I don't care, I could use a sun tan when I die".

Now if I try and use logic against both these claims, people just start becoming irrational.
Such as "I like pain" (even though I won't hold my lighter under my hand for more than 6 seconds)
Or "Look, I just don't believe in God"

Quote:

hence nobody can come to the Son (who is the only way to the Father) unless the Father draws Him.

The more I preach, the more I see the truth in this scripture.

2006/11/2 5:34Profile
AshleyJnr

Guolburn, NSW Australia

Re:

Quote:
Dude, there will always be those who come just for the "loaves & fishes." Recognize that. But if someone comes because of the gimic and is converted - then, WOW!

If someone get's saved, Praise god!! interesting point.
But at the risk of splitting this thread on a tangent, may I ask a question? I don't know the answer, and it's probably been disscussed before, but if not, I'm sure it would take much disscussion to answer in entirety.

In regards to gimics, To what extent does the ends justify the means??

2006/11/2 5:45Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Ashley
i remember Ray Comfort making mention of a book called there's no such thing as an atheist, i wonder if you have read it.

for those who say there is no God, they do know of Him but are are trying their darndest to escape Him. in that situation, follow whatever our Lord leads you to do/say. we know that they can believe there is no God but that won't fly on the last day, perhaps we ought to tell them that. at the end of the day it all rests on God so we ought to follow whatever He says to do or say because He will draw in whomever He will draw in whenever He decides to do so.

this should not cause us to be complacent because we have a work to do in that also since we should share the gospel.

learning...

God bless you bro

2006/11/2 9:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy