SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics :  meditation

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
myfirstLove

meditation

med‧i‧tate -

1. to engage in thought or contemplation; reflect.
2. to engage in transcendental meditation, devout religious contemplation, or quiescent spiritual introspection.

meditate upon a verse or two thru out the day. let it fill your mind and heart. quiet your self in prayer and allow the Lord to move His word that you've been meditating on deep into your heart.

let the word SOAK into your heart! savor it, delight in it, allow it to examine your ways! in truth, confess all the things He has shown you audibly. don't rush this part. but allow the Lord to complete His work in you by showing you everything that you have grieved Him with.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

it will hurt, but this will strip you away from pride and help you see the need for Him. know and believe when you confess all He has shown you, that He has burn away all your sins and made you clean.

1 John 1:9
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

immediately, after true confession you will KNOW that you can go on with the Father. He will give you confidence knowing that your heart is now clean and you can go on in prayer with Him. you will know He has incline His ears to your voice.

meditating upon His word helps the word get into your heart and not just your head.

Colossians 3:16

16[b] Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly[/b] in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

it seems a lot of times we use God's word more on others, and rarely for ourselves.

meditation of His word is very good because it is use for our own heart!

God bless

2006/10/26 14:28Profile

Re: meditation

Quote:
let the word SOAK into your heart! savor it, delight in it, allow it to examine your ways! in truth, confess all the things He has shown you audibly. don't rush this part. but allow the Lord to complete His work in you by showing you everything that you have grieved Him with.

Might I add.... to 'grieved'.... [color=003366]or, delighted Him with...[/color]?

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: [u]and[/u] his commandments are [u]not grievous[/u]. ;-)

2006/10/26 14:49
myfirstLove

Re:

hi dorcas,

yes, i agree, His commamndments are not burdensome (grievouse) to the one who loves Him.

the reason why i started out confessing our sins is because a lot of times many don't hear Him, or not able to enter into a delightful time with God in prayer because sin stands in the way, like pride. these things have to come down first before we can go deeper with the Lord.

God bless

2006/10/26 15:08Profile
myfirstLove

His word will strip you

1 Corinthians 8:2-3

Isaiah 66:1-2

1 Thus says the LORD:

“ Heaven is My throne,
And earth is My footstool.
Where is the house that you will build Me?
And where is the place of My rest?
2 For all those things My hand has made,
And all those things exist,”
Says the LORD.

“ But on this one will I look:
On him who is [b]poor[/b] and of a [b]contrite spirit[/b],
And who[b]trembles at My word[/b] .

am i poor? do i truly see that i can do NOTHING without God? am i desperate for Him? is my heart broken? do i weep for the the things He weeps for? do i literally tremble at His word? is there fear of the Lord in me? do i share His word with a lowly heart, full of love and trembling. if i truly believe His word, it will make me tremble and cause me to be desperate for Him, and seeing i can do NOTHING without Him. He MUST be my Lord! and if i am void of these things, God is really not looking at me with delight.

Psalm 119:165

165 Great peace have those who love Your law,
And nothing causes them to stumble.

so if we love Him nothing will make us stumble and we will have great peace in our hearts. so, if i find myself stumbling a lot does that mean i really don't love Him? i am not loving His ways as i ought too so its causing me to stumble in many areas?

see how His word can discern your ways! can expose you and make you lowly! helps you see your hidden sins. this is very healthy to do, and keeps us humble and desperate for Him. we must examine our hearts and see where we are truly at with the Lord. meditation is one way to help us examine our hearts!

without examining our own heart, we will become prideful, self righteos, deceived, high minded hypocrites. will be much like the pharisees who are outwardly holy, but inside are still full of wickedness.

2006/10/26 16:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy