Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : The Unchanging God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

The Unchanging God

EDIT: meant to be a reply to the thred titled "Jesus". sorry for the mishap

[b]The Unchanging God[/b]

[i]"For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed."[/i] Malachi 3:6

As we look back over this past year, we recognize the changes that have occured in the world, and in our own lives. Things change, the world changes, people change, but God never changes.

[b]God is still the same God [/b]

[i]"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever." [/i]Hebrews 13:8

Moods of men sway like trees in the wind, but not so with God. His "mercy endureth forever", and His love is everlasting. The same God who said to Israel "I have drawn you with bands of love" is the same God Who draws sinners into His loving arms today. The same God to Whom the seraphim cried "Holy, holy, holy" is the same God to Who the elders before the throne never cease to cry "holy, holy, holy". The same God Who said "do justly" is the same God Who justifies the believer in Jesus through faith in His blood. Yes, God is still merciful, loving, holy, and just.

[b]His Word is still the same [/b]

[i]"The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever."[/i] 1 Peter 1:24,25

The same Bible which called sinners to repentance, changed so many lives, and wrought righteousness many years ago, is still doing the same today. Despite those who attack its validity as the Word of God, the Bible stands sure as the most unique Book in the world: God's holy Book. Don't let people tell you that this precious Book is not God's Word. What book can change lives, give assurance of salvation, and bring peace to your heart like the Bible? None. No, God never changes, and neither has what He said.

[b]His Gospel is still the same [/b]

[i]"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures."[/i] 1 Corinthians 15:1-4

[i]"But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."[/i] Galatians 1:8,9

The Gospel of Christ's death, burial, and glorious resurrection has never changed. It is still the only way to be saved, and always will be. Christ is the "Lamb slain from the foundation of the world". God always had in mind that He would send His Son to die for the sins of mankind in order that He might reconcile all unto Himself. Thaks be unto God that the precious gift is still available to all who will call upon His Name. God never changes, His Word never changes, and His Gospel never changes.

[b]His salvation never changes [/b]

[i]"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand."[/i] John 10:27,28

Our salvation is in God's hands, and we cannot be plucked out of them. We can rest in the assurance that He provides the way, and gives us peace through the death of His Son. Never cease to praise Him for this precious gift of eternal salvation if you are saved. Psalm 116:12 asks "What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?", and verse 13 answers "I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD." He wants us to be saved, and gives us eternal life freely through faith in Jesus Christ. He never changes, His Word doesn't change, His Gospel surely doesn't, and our salvation rests in His unchangeable hands.

Yes, despite the changing times, and changing fads, God never has, and never will change. He will always be God.

[i]"Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God."[/i] Psalm 90:1,2

2006/10/26 2:15Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy