Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Lumbar Scoliosis

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Chosen7Stone

FL, USA

Lumbar Scoliosis

Hey everyone...
Greg (wrtbooks) and Chanin (MoreofHim) know, but I wanted to just put this prayer request out anyhow.
I have been suffering back pain for a long while, and finally a brother's comment about the shape of my back made me set up an appointment at the campus health center.
Long story short, I have lumbar scoliosis, which means my lower spine is curved. I do have a lot of pain, and only recently have I been having a lot of trouble getting to sleep.
This is Day 5 (and the last day) of a fast, and I can already feel prayer being answered...I have more relief during the day...so I ask for more!
God made this body of mine and He knows it better than any doctor, chiropractor, or physical therapist ever will. I pray for relief mostly, and that He'll help me maintain a Christ-like attitude despite circumstances.
Thanks, family.

2004/2/8 9:27Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Lumbar Scoliosis

You have them Mary!

Quote:
God made this body of mine and He knows it better than any doctor, chiropractor, or physical therapist ever will.

He also knows [i]them[/i] and their God given abilitys to help those in need, (even if they don't acknowledge Him) this I am sure doesn't fully escape you. I only mention it because I have had various back problems in the past as well as a completely messed up knot of pinched nerves, muscles ,that was originally diagnoised as a torn rotar cuff that they wanted to do surgery on. One day I couldn't stand the pain any longer, flipped open a phone book to Chiropractors, closed my eye's and put my finger down, dialed the number and got an appointment with what turned out to be a sports chiropractor.
She was incredible, it took quite a few months to get the knots worked out, but thankfully I didn't end up getting a surgery done that was not needed.

Wasn't following the Lord in those days, but He was running me down, wasn't long after that, that I finnaly 'crashed and burned'.

I pray that the Lord brings healing to you in whatever form that may take, that He will give you the prompting to follow His leading.
For His glory and for your relief.

Mike

2004/2/8 9:49Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
He'll help me maintain a Christ-like attitude despite circumstances

Yes Lord give it to her! Use this pain for your glory. I am not sure if you remember Mary but I had really bad back pain (siatica pain) for a year and still have it sometimes. But what I can say is that the will of God will [b]never[/b] lead you where the Grace of God cannot sustain you!

2004/2/8 9:59Profile
Chosen7Stone

FL, USA

Re:

Mike (crsschk) said: :)

Quote:
He also knows them and their God given abilities to help those in need, (even if they don't acknowledge Him) this I am sure doesn't fully escape you.

So so true. :)
Greg (wrtbooks) said:
Quote:
But what I can say is that the will of God will never lead you where the Grace of God cannot sustain you!

I'm trying to remember that! I'm not rolling around on the floor in agony (not that that would help my back) so I definitely can say it's tolerable.
If anything, it's moved me to increase my prayer time, and we all know how much God loves that!

2004/2/8 12:28Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

Mary,
According to:

"2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth."
3: John2

1 ¶ " Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;" Psalm 103:1-3

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."Isaiah 53:5

24 "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."
I Peter 2:24

6 "And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee."
Ex.15:26

"So went Satan forth from the presence of the LORD, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown."
Job2:7

It's not God that's given you the Scoliosis, and He's not getting any glory from your pain.

If you believe that God is getting glory, then don't go to a doctor. If you do and you get well you'll be thwarting the will of God for your life.(only being absurd to make a point, go to the doctor, get well PLEASE!) :-)
Clutch ;-)

2004/2/8 15:15Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

This might be an encouragement to you Mary, it was for me:
[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=3692]More Worth Then Birds (compilation)[/url]

2004/2/8 15:29Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy