SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : They Cast Lots

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
katdan

Missouri

They Cast Lots

Would anyone know what the type of robe Jesus wore and the Roman soldiers cast lots for was called? Would it been woven of Lamb Do they craft this type of coat in the holyland or Middle East today. I know this is a odd question but I really do need to know.Thanks Katdan

2006/10/24 5:02Profile
Spitfire

Re: They Cast Lots

I've heard someone speak on this subject, but can't remember much. I do remember that it was all one piece, no seams. This would indicate to me that it was like a piece of felt.

2006/10/24 5:57Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

The rumor I heard was that these garments have been made today but had to have computers to make them 'seamless'; and the Jews have made the 'seamless garment' in preparation of the Messiah (non-Messianic Jews, of course). This came from a friend of mine years back after we were both saved, so I am not sure as to the validity of the statment.

2006/10/24 9:31Profile
katdan

Missouri

Would they be called a seamless robe how if I were to look for one what would I call it? Ive tryed every term I could think of. Are there any Jewish freinds to help enlighten us?God bless Katdan

2006/10/24 10:56Profile

Dear katdan,

I know nothing about how the seamless robe Jesus wore was made, but I do know that a knitted sock is also seamless. The making of a seamless garment could be either as in knitting or crocheting weaving continuously with a single strand and catching in the previous 'round' as one goes, or, by joining the beginning to the end of the threads which run up and down a piece of cloth, normally, and then weaving across them backwards and forwards, slowly edging the woven part away to bring new 'open' threads into line with the shuttle. (Am I making sense?) Eventually, it would not be possible to fit in any more rows with the shuttle, and just one end would need to be finished off - possibly by attaching it to the beginning.

Does this in any way answer your question?

I feel sure it would be possible to commission a seamless tube without the use of computer, as long as you found someone with a loom of the correct size.

Many sweatshirts and Tshirts are basically a knitted tube, these days, with holes cut out for the sleeves, and a seam over the shoulders to close it up towards the neck.

2006/10/24 17:57
Dougmore

Hi Katdan,

A little history on this garment reveals that it is what the KJV also translates, cloak.

Cloak- Himation (2440) A loose upper outer garment.

It is worn under the Chiton (5509) which is a tunic or shirt, inner garment.

Just some history, Doug

2006/10/24 21:34Profile
Dougmore

Re:

I'm not Jewish but this site may have the cloak your looking for...

www.thegalileeexperience.com

To the Son be all glory, bro Doug

2006/10/24 21:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy