· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Fasting and Praying for Revival - Oct. 31st

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Matthew2323

Colorado

Fasting and Praying for Revival - Oct. 31st

Christian singer/songwriter Steve Camp is urging the readers of his [url=http://stevenjcamp.blogspot.com/]blog[/url] to fast and pray for revival and reformation on October 31st in honor of that fateful day when Martin Luther posted his [url=http://www.iclnet.org/pub/resources/text/wittenberg/luther/web/ninetyfive.html]95 Theses[/url] against the abuses of Rome.

Please consider joining.

And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death. (Revelation 12:11)

2006/10/21 5:57Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Fasting and Praying for Revival - Oct. 31st

I think it's a great idea. It would be good to see other brothers and sisters at SI join in with you on this day of fasting and prayer specifically for revival and reformation, Oh how we need it!

[b]The Burden for Reformation and Revival
Prayer, Contrition, and Confession[/b]

Tuesday, October 31st, Reformation Day
A Call to Fasting and Prayer

Oh Lord, send a great awakening among your people again according to Your Word; by Your Holy Spirit, for the praise of Your glory, for the spread of Your gospel, for the holiness of Your people. Leave us not in the condition in which we awoke this morning, but conform us by Your grace to Christlikeness so that we may be vessels fit for the Master's use.

This only is a work of heaven--for no man can conjure up a genuine move of God; no man can transform the heart of another; no man can stir the conscience to repentance, convict the soul of sin, and invoke contrition over iniquity. All our ways are impotent before You; and even when we have done all to obey You, we are still "unprofitable servants."

But the true church marches on her knees; and so may we run into the prayer closet this very hour, shut the door and see what You by Your sovereign grace will accomplish. For "it is not by might, not by power, but by My Spirit" says the Lord.

Forgive us Lord for being consumed with the advancement of our own ministries at the expense of others, for measuring the effectiveness of Your work by the size of a church's yearly offerings, and for charging others for that which we have received freely by Your grace. Dash to the ground our paltry plans, our self-devised and promoted reputations, our carefully positioned and politically aligned agendas and alliances. As my friend once said, "How can we be so dead when we've been so well fed; Jesus rose from the grave, but we, we can't even get out of bed."

May The Swordsman, by His divine sword, whittle us down to size as You did Gideon of old, so that we may not find comfort, resolve, or hope in our own strength, wisdom or wealth. May all our lowly boasting turn to tears, all our pride turn to dust, all our vain exaltations of self turn to ash; may our "laughter turn to mourning and our joy to heaviness" until reformation comes... until revival comes to Your people. Break our stubborn hearts with the hammer of Your Word and humble us under Your reverential fear until our deepest longing, passion and joy is found only in Christ Jesus the Lord.

Glorify Yourself for Your names sake only...
Steve
Col. 1:9-14

"A true revival means nothing less than a revolution, casting out the spirit of worldliness, making God's love triumph in the heart." -Andrew Murray

When God has something very great to accomplish for His Church, it is His will that there should precede it the extraordinary prayers of His people, as is manifest by Ezekiel 36:37... And it is revealed that, when God is about to accomplish great things for His Church, He will begin by a remarkable pouring out of the spirit of grace and supplication (Zechariah 12:10). If we are not to expect that the devil should go out of a particular person, under a bodily possession, without extraordinary prayer, or prayer and fasting, how much less should we expect to have him cast out of the land and the world without it! -Jonathan Edwards

"God's quickening visitation of his people, touching their hearts and deepening his work of grace in their lives." -J. I. Packer??

I did then preach much upon original sin, repentance, the nature and necessity of conversion, in a close, examinatory and distinguished way; laboring in the meantime to sound the trumpet of God's judgments, and alarm the secure by the terrors of the Lord, as well as to affect them by other topics of persuasion: which method was sealed by the Holy Spirit in the conviction and conversion of a considerable number of persons, at various times and in different places in that part of the county." -George Whitefield

"All the ends of the world, and all the kingdoms of this earth, shall profit me nothing. It is better for me to die for the sake of Jesus Christ, than to reign over all the ends of the earth. "For what is a man profited, if he gain the whole world, but lose his own soul? "I long after the Lord, the Son of the true God and Father, even Jesus Christ. Him I seek, who died for us and rose again." - St. Ignatius of Antioch (35 -117)

2006/10/21 12:59Profile
kdbutton

Re:

This is perfect since area people from upstate NY fast and pray every Tuesday to Wednesday for revival of our area, but do not neglect in prayer our state, our nation and our world. I will let them know about the connection to Martin Luther and we will add our voices to yours.

2006/10/21 15:11Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
This is perfect since area people from upstate NY fast and pray every Tuesday to Wednesday for revival of our area,

I would like to know more about this group? is it from your church or a larger prayer movement? We need to start desperately pleading and praying for revival. Oh God rend the heavens.

"All the ends of the world, and all the kingdoms of this earth, shall profit me nothing. It is better for me to die for the sake of Jesus Christ, than to reign over all the ends of the earth. "For what is a man profited, if he gain the whole world, but lose his own soul? "I long after the Lord, the Son of the true God and Father, even Jesus Christ. Him I seek, who died for us and rose again." - St. Ignatius of Antioch (35 -117)

2006/10/21 15:33Profile
Lampstand77

Re:

This is so great! Is this just for a church or can anyone join this group? I would love to be counted among you to fast and pray for our nation. October 31st, right?

Tracy

2006/10/21 18:23Profile
kdbutton

Re:

personal reply sent.

2006/10/21 20:00Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Fasting and Praying for Revival - Oct. 31st

We need this. I hope more people get a desire to join in on the day as the day draws closer.

We should be praying now, I believe most are.

Let's not forget. It is too important.

I'm looking forward to the good results that will follow this day.

God bless.

2006/10/25 10:17Profile

Re:

Quote:
I think it's a great idea. It would be good to see other brothers and sisters at SI join in with you on this day of fasting and prayer specifically for revival and reformation, Oh how we need it!

Amen!
Will be joining you all in prayer on this day over here in the UK. Our nation has always been thought of as a 'Christian' Nation but not so now :cry:
Many Missionaries were sent out from this country but oh how we need missionaries oursleves!
Praying in agreement for Reformation AND Revival!

2006/10/25 10:59
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

This post is just a reminder of the up and coming day of prayer and fasting worldwide that has been called by the church.

Let us do our best to do all we can for the Lord during this time.

God bless.

2006/10/28 5:15Profile

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy