Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Todd Friel's Response To Bullhorn

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
RevKerrigan

South Central Kentucky

Todd Friel's Response To Bullhorn

I figured that this would be on this message board, by now, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Forgive me if it is already on the mb somewhere. As may of you know, Rob Bell from the emergent "church" movement made a video called "Bullhorn." You can watch the full version [url=http://www.pinpointevangelism.com/Bullhorn.htm]here[/url]. Well, Todd Friel from Way of the Master Radio has responded with a video of his own. I believe it was very well done. Take a look at it for yourself: http://interface.audiovideoweb.com/lnk/il80win10116/WOTMR/friel_bullhorn_response.wmv/play.asx God Bless...

2006/10/19 12:26Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Todd Friel's Response To Bullhorn

i liked that :)

2006/10/19 12:46Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

This was very good. Now if we could only get it into all the churches that have used "bullhorn guy" to make fun.

2006/10/19 12:50Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Thanks I've wanted to see it.

2006/10/19 13:16Profile

Thanks for sharing. It was interesting to see both videos one after the other (of course I watched Todd's first. :-)). It is interesting how humanism (focus on self and what feels good) is threaded all throughout the "Bullhorn" video!

2006/10/19 14:13
PTywama3

Tacoma, WA

Re:

It's also threaded in Friel's reply. "We don't want them to go to hell."

Paris Reidhead (Ten Shekels...)
Until we find it something like this;
"Accept Jesus so you can go to Heaven, you don't want to go to that old, filthy, nasty, burning hell when there's a beautiful Heaven up there. Now come to Jesus so that you can go to Heaven."
And the appeal could be as much to selfishness as a couple of men sitting in a coffee shop deciding they are going to rob a bank to get something for nothing.

And so it had gotten down to the place where salvation was nothing more than an assent to a scheme or a formula. And the end of this salvation was the happiness of man because humanism has penetrated. And so if you were to analyze the fundamentalism in contrast to liberalism of a hundred years ago, as it developed, it’d be like this:

The liberal says the end of religion is to make man happy while he's alive.

And the fundamentalist says the end of religion is to make man happy when he dies.

Let us be careful in examining something we agree with.

As a side note, I don't think either one is entirely keen (well-versed) on the other's perspective. There's a lot more to it than that, but I don't really wanna open that can of worms on this thread.

2006/10/19 14:26Profile

Re:

quote]It's also threaded in Friel's reply. "We don't want them to go to hell."

Jesus said we are to love our neighbor as ourselves. How can we love them and care about them without being concerned for their eternal salvation. I love God, I also love my neighbor and dont want them to go to hell. Does that make me a humanist in the negative fashion that you have portrayed?

In Christ - Jim

PS - Rob Bell doesnt really believe that God is just enough to send people to hell, if that helps clear up his perspective.

2006/10/20 10:46
GraceAlone

Orlando, Florida

Re:

This is what needs to be balanced. Its good to pity and have compassion on sinners on thier way to hell. Its also good to desire to see God get the glory he deserves. God deserves for these people to worship him. When we go out evangelising, (#1) we need to remember that Jesus was moved with compassion for the lost and (#2) that God deserves thier worship and they don't deserve to worship God.

Simple. Without a heart for the lost you can be sure that you're lost. It should motivate us to go and preach. If you saw your mother being burned you'd want to help her. Out of compassion the ones we care about hear the gospel (usually) first from us. We want to see them spared and changed as we've been.

Somebody can be scared to death about hell and not be saved. It's in us to thank God for sparing us from our destruction we deserve. Similarly, we would thank Him for saving our families and children. Not only because of hell... but because we want to see them putting God first and giving Him glory. God will be glorified either by them going to heaven or hell but we want to see lots there with us in heaven. Still never let us come to think that they should look for God only to escaped his wrath, but to glorify Him.

If sinners could choose to either (A.) go to heaven with God or (B.) be obliterated... they'd choose (B.) They'd desire to be apart from God and that's what we want to see change. They should choose God over ALL things! Thats what we desire to see God uplifted in all hearts as in ours. We have compassion for them and what they will face... but we also want to see God exalted in thier hearts.

The worst attitude we can have is to not preach the gospel beacuse they don't deserve to be saved. God is merciful and compassionate! Be that way also.

2006/10/20 11:54Profile
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Re:

Quote:
It's also threaded in Friel's reply. "We don't want them to go to hell."

Umm...we don't, right? What he says should be true for all Christians. That should be a motivation for us, but not the ULTIMATE motivation. Jesus looked upon the crowds and "had compassion for them". Jesus was not a humanist, but He clearly cared. It was A motivation for him to feed and heal, but not THE motivation, which was clearly the glory of the Father.

Now, I will admit that when I hear much of Todd and Ray Comfort, I initially thought what you did...if concern for them is primary motivation, as Reidhead says, it is humanism. But as I listen to Todd and Ray more (and I listen to them quite a bit), I can see that their ultimate motivation is the glory of God. If you can still find it, watch the TBN "Praise the Lord" with Todd Friel and Paul Washer. I think Friel explains [i]obeying[/i] as the primary reason to witness. Ray was also friends with Leonard Ravenhill and [u]I think[/u] knew Reidhead (two exteremely non-humanists), and no doubt was influenced by them.

Either way, Rob Bell is way off in this video and most everything else he says. We need to pray for him and all of our brethren who are influenced by him and McLaren.

Many thanks to God for men like Todd Friel who stand up to this nonsense!

2006/10/20 11:55Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

spurgeon said something like,

if you dont have a desire to se lost people saved, then you are not saved yourself , be sure of that

2006/10/20 12:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy