Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : GODS WILL

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

GODS WILL

i just thought id share something ive noticed recently in my life, when im in fore a choise in life when i have to choose one direction or another, i spend time on my knees asking for gods guidence and his wisdom to make the right one, sometimes i "hope" it will be this way over here becuse i will feel better or it will further "bless" my life, gaining better material things and so on , or my life will be easier in some way, but ive notices everything i hoped for goes totaly opposit direction...the one road i dident really walk down , that is the only road left after a wile ! and im still not really thinking oboy!! what fun this will be, i can see in scripture that god have a much better plan then my lasy flesch, but i just see a pattern of god taking away options, stripping down my life, and it gets harder and harder in that way that im loosing control. Some say yes ofcourse that is what we should do levae the control over to him, but its easier said that done for me , im a person who really likes to have controll over things, i want to know what happends next i want to control my future , i want to control what goes on, and recently i have given it over more and more to god, or rather i have accepted to do whatever he places in my path, even if i feelt like no no no! i dont want that,

and the resault have been that everything worked out perfect!!

i really dont know how! or i do it was GOD, but he just amazes me, i gone all morning grumbling about what is this good for, and giving god hints on how he should do or not do things, but when I just accepted that he is GOD , he rules , ive had thease thoughts about people and made some asumptions that where wrong and evil,
but then GOD shows his will in the most strange ways, he says you do this now, i dident want that thing to be his will, i wanted his will to be my will for my life so that my life will be more comfortable, but his will was the way of hard work and of much suffering in one way and also of much blessing, but what i relize is that god so loves me that he goes out into my life and do things to comform me more like his son Jesus, thru his will not my will, my will is so wicked and wrong and opposite then gods will, but ive seen some new depths in gods woking n my life, sometimes it "feels" like his far away, but ive experiences now he is a god who is near and in controll of everything, and one truth that really helped me come to this place was that i read some thing george muller said, that before you pray about gods will for your life, before you do that determine that you will do it no matter what it is, if you arent willing to do it, dont pray it.

becuse ive often prayed something like ohh god show me your will and way, then when he have done it, i walked away or just done something else that was easier for me, now i learned a lesson that no money could by, and im filled whit such joy over my GOD and what a goood loving wonderful god he is, even when all thing works against me, god is for me and whit me.

i just want to encurage everyone thru prayer that you should decide to do gods will no matter what, sometimes its easier said that done, but its ALWAYS WORTH IT!

Gods peace to all of you
Christian

2006/10/19 6:14Profile
mamaluk

Re: GODS WILL

Quote:
sometimes it "feels" like his far away, but ive experiences now he is a god who is near and in controll of everything, and one truth that really helped me come to this place was that i read some thing[b] george muller said, that before you pray about gods will for your life, before you do that determine that you will do it no matter what it is, if you arent willing to do it, dont pray it.[/b]

Feelings, are only as worth considering as they share the 'emotion' of the Holy Spirit aligning to the righteousness of Christ, according to the living Word.

George Mueller, was truly in many ways, a very smart (wise) man, he wanted none but from God, and one can appreciate to the kind of true freedom one's rewarded when one approaches God with total submission to His will. In other words, one becomes a "will-less" person. Can you imagine the freedom one can have when a Christian has no self-will ? :)

Did you know, for the longest time in his life, he refused to have his photos taken by man for articles or publications. He refused to take the remotest bit of glory away from our Lord !

Christian, praise God for His leading in your life so much !

In His love, mamaluk

2006/10/19 10:01Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

mamluke wrote:

Quote:
George Mueller, was truly in many ways, a very smart (wise) man, he wanted none but from God, and one can appreciate to the kind of true freedom one's rewarded when one approaches God with total submission to His will. In other words, one becomes a "will-less" person. Can you imagine the freedom one can have when a Christian has no self-will ? :)

And did you know - George Mueller - never asked people for funds? All he did was present his petition to God and he supplied...I often have to think about this when we get so many appeals from charities.....I am not saying it is wrong to let your needs be known - I do not know that. But a lot of fund raising is so carnal: agencies are used to facilitate it and they receive a certain percentage of monies raised.

Christian, your testimony of walking with God is inspiring. You know, you will never come to a point where there is no room for growth! A Christian is like a tree that is planted by the streams of living water...Psalm 1:3: "And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever, he doeth shall prosper." A tree never stops growing until it dies. And this includes those of us who are planted by the rivers of living water. Yes, Christian, we are to die daily so the Son can have free reign in our life. The flesh wants us to believe that in doing so we will get the short end of the stick! Thanks for sharing.

ginnyrose

2006/10/19 10:37Profile
death2self

Washington DC area

Re:

Quote:
And did you know - George Mueller - never asked people for funds? All he did was present his petition to God and he supplied...I often have to think about this when we get so many appeals from charities.....I am not saying it is wrong to let your needs be known - I do not know that. But a lot of fund raising is so carnal: agencies are used to facilitate it and they receive a certain percentage of monies raised.

Amen. He prayed the money in much in the same manner that Rees Howell did in the 20th century. I'm blessed to know many that are walking this way and the Lord is moving my family to this direction. As my pastors often say "God pays for what HE orders." I've seen Him do this time after time and believe Brother Mueller was onto something that is missing from the modern-western church.

I posted this URL yesterday, if you go to books and it's a fairly short summation of Brother Mueller's life: [url=http://www.authenticchristianity.net/]George Mueller[/url]

2006/10/19 10:54Profile
logan_trky

Re:

I'd just like to throw this in. People are always asking..What is God's will? I'd just like to say that God's will for your life is in God's Word. Concerning other matters Christ said, Some of these things come only by prayer and fasting.

2006/10/19 20:44Profile
mamaluk

Re:

l Thes 5:

Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.

15See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

16Rejoice evermore.

17Pray without ceasing.

18In every thing give thanks: [b]for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you (us).[/b]

19Quench not the Spirit.

20Despise not prophesyings.

21Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

22Abstain from all appearance of evil.

23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2006/10/19 21:43Profile
Spitfire

Re: GODS WILL

Christian, thank you for linking this to my thread on a question about a quote. I so totally understood your dilemma and I can relate.

I think the thing which divides my heart is having been brought up in the prosperity gospel. You know, suffering isn't tolerated there. If a person is doing much suffering, it's because they aren't speaking to their mountain in faith. So often, for me, I don't know if [i]I[/i] need to do something to change things, or if I just need to leave everything alone and wait on God. I always wind up trying to change things (praying all the while, of course), but I, like you, just usually wind up running out of options and then, in the end, I just give up and have to repent to God for being angry and frustrated.

I always thought that people who accepted everything the way it was were called Pacifists.

Love, Dian.

2006/10/20 5:29Profile
Spitfire

Re: one more thing

This is a post from my other thread:

Folks, I am the farthest thing from a Pacifist. Will you all please bear with me. Maybe nobody really wants to talk about this or finds it interesting, but I need to understand this.

You know the Serenity Prayer,
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Well...isn't it true that there are plenty of things that we can change but it's not God's will that we change it? Let's take marriage, for instance. There are plenty of people who are in marriages that are filled with suffering and those folks could get a divorce and end their suffering in that area, but should they? Isn't that why the divorce rate is so high?

Or let's take someone who is miserable in their job. That person could just quit that job and go get another job, but should they? Isn't it sometimes God's will for us to do the hard thing and learn to be content? The hardest thing to do is to hold yourself in a suffering situation when you have the power to deliver yourself. For me, I begin to get confused on the really difficult days. I say to myself: "Why am I doing this? Why don't I just move on to something else? This is making me a nut." And then, when you talk to people about it, they say, "Well, why don't you just get another job?..." I DON'T KNOW WHY! I'm trying to obey God here! But sometimes I forget what it is I'm trying to do! Or even why!

Am I the only person who is crazy like this?! When I'm like this, I go around in circles asking myself, "Am I miserable because this is the will of God and I don't want to do it? Or am I miserable because this isn't the will of God and I need to do something to get out of it?" It seems like there ought to be some way to settle it all. Doesn't it?

I think of Abraham taking Isaac up on the mountain to sacrifice his dear son on an altar! That had to be a suffering beyond words. Did he ever ask himself, "why am I doing this?"? I mean, my own heart would say, "This is against God's commandments. This couldn't be God." Oh! I tell you, this needs to be sorted out! How can God be God if we don't really know his voice? What if he tells us to do something which contradicts everything that we understand about Him?

You know, this is THE BIG DEAL! I'm telling all of you on Sermonindex. This is THE BIG DEAL! I want to know God in a way that I will follow Him all the way to my cross and beyond. I want to be willing to follow Him beyond my own understanding. Isn't that where God really lives?

I so want to just let go of trying to change anything for a while and just leave everything up to God. Would I be a Pacifist if I did that? I mean, I've done everything else. Can I just stop now? Love, Dian.

2006/10/20 6:01Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

mmm i can relate, many times ive prayed GOD end this now! becuse i dont like to suffer, im not used to it, all my life i was taught that suffering is something wrong and sick, if we suffer the best we can do is get rid of it as quick as possible, and how that have impacted my life i need not tell you, Now im born again by god, he has come into my life and created in me a new heart, a have new desires and a new walk in life, and i understand now that suffering isent always a bad thing, and if we read scripture carefully we see that it isent gods fault that we suffer, it is our own.

thre is no sin i belive in wanting to "prosper", that i belive all humans want, but that shouldent be the "main" thing in the gospel or in our life, i belive you will prosper on the inside and not outside, as for me now i see that all things and options god has removed from my life and almost forcing me go down that road i dident want to go down, now wile looking back, i see it worked out perfect, but all the way i was doubting and grumbling and i had probably five or six other plans i thought was much better then what was going on, and as you were saying now im just waiting on god, often we want to know gods will for our entire life, the whole plan laid out in advance, but faith is only knowing the next step and not knowing what will come on that road, an trusting god no matter what awaits, no matter how much suffering, no matter how poor, no matter how bad it looks, there is only one way to heaven.... thru jesus christ, and he said pick up your cross and follow me, into death...i dont know about you but dying on a cross must hurt, even if i have a nice car and a nice house, those things arent to comforting wile hanging on a cross...those things dont do anything for me, but JESUS does ! and i pray my life will be a mirror of jesus to a curropt and fallen world, i pray my life will glorify him, i often think about how many of the deciples that died a martyrs death, what suffering they went thru, think about pauls trips and tribulations, he glory in them, ohh god teach me to glory in my sufferings, teach me lord,

make me into your image, god make me like jesus,

2006/10/20 6:08Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

I so want to just let go of trying to change anything for a while and just leave everything up to God. Would I be a Pacifist if I did that? I mean, I've done everything else. Can I just stop now? Love, Dian.

that is sort of what happend in my life, left it up to him, and as you wrote :) i dont like where i live, i dont like my church that is transforming slowly into an "emerging" new sort of church, i dont like my job, i want to move i want new church i want a new job...all thease things just got into my soul and just left me in a terrible spirutal state... but after going against all my wills all that i wanted and just gave it to him to decide, now im free...

christianity is sure strange.... you have to die to live, you have to give up your will to be totaly free...

gods peace to you
christian

2006/10/20 6:16Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy