SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : One Night With the King

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
chadster

One Night With the King

Is it a safe assumption to say that most on the SI community are probably not movie goers? While I don't go to the movies these days, I do want to see this new release. I believe it is a timely statement and providential response to the recent comment made by Iran's president, that "Israel should be wiped off the face of the map." While I haven't see the movie as yet, I've heard rave reviews about it, and I believe it's a good thing for Christians to suport this movie and let Hollywood know that we're sick of the trash and want more godly, God-honoring movies like The Passion and the Chronicles of Narnia.

Here's a link to check for a theater near you.

http://www.onenightwiththeking.com/

2006/10/17 15:25Profile
myfirstLove

Re: One Night With the King

i can't support a movie that has adultery in it. watching someone kiss someone else is wrong, especially if their not married. i'm sure the actress playing ester is not kissing her husband.

i really don't care if there isn't enough christian movies out there. my grievance is that theres not many true witnesses out there to shine the light of Christ in the world that we have to depend on good christian movies, republicans and moral rules to change the world.

Quote:
and I believe it's a good thing for Christians to suport this movie and let Hollywood know that we're sick of the trash and want more godly, God-honoring movies like The Passion and the Chronicles of Narnia.

brother, this should not be our focus. hollywood will never change, unless the church repent (revives) and obey God, then some will be won. we should not grieve because hollywood is not making good movies for us christians. us, christians need to stop wanting good entertainment and get a real life in Christ! we should be grieving that hollywood is lost and desire for them to come to repentance. how can we expect anything good to come out of hollywood? unless they repent and make Jesus their Lord and Savior.

don't expect them to cater us. but they should expect from us to be like Jesus and go after their souls with the message of the cross, filled with His Spirit, praying fervertly for their souls!

God bless

2006/10/17 21:39Profile
AmazedbyGod

Re: One Night With the King

I saw One Night with the King on Saturday. It was the first movie that I have been to for a long time. They tried to stay true to the Biblical account of Esther. Obviously, they had to add a little dialog for a two hour film, but they tried very hard to avoid anything that could be offensive often cutting away and fading to black. :-) I talked to the family sitting next to me and they were so thankful to have a movie that they could take their children to.

2006/10/17 21:57Profile
moreofHim

Re: one night w/the king

I really loved One Night w/The King. My husband and I took our 8 yr old and 10 yr old. It was neat to see a story from the bible come alive and be so real. We also really enjoyed Facing the Giants as well!

In Him, Chanin

2006/10/17 22:29Profile

Re:

Quote:

myfirstLove wrote:
i can't support a movie that has adultery in it. watching someone kiss someone else is wrong, especially if their not married. i'm sure the actress playing ester is not kissing her husband.

i really don't care if there isn't enough christian movies out there. my grievance is that theres not many true witnesses out there to shine the light of Christ in the world that we have to depend on good christian movies, republicans and moral rules to change the world.

Quote:
and I believe it's a good thing for Christians to suport this movie and let Hollywood know that we're sick of the trash and want more godly, God-honoring movies like The Passion and the Chronicles of Narnia.

brother, this should not be our focus. hollywood will never change, unless the church repent (revives) and obey God, then some will be won. we should not grieve because hollywood is not making good movies for us christians. us, christians need to stop wanting good entertainment and get a real life in Christ! we should be grieving that hollywood is lost and desire for them to come to repentance. how can we expect anything good to come out of hollywood? unless they repent and make Jesus their Lord and Savior.

don't expect them to cater us. but they should expect from us to be like Jesus and go after their souls with the message of the cross, filled with His Spirit, praying fervertly for their souls!

God bless

Great and true perspective we, all who believe themselves "called", should embrace simply for purity's sake. Having said that, even I get sentimental and wish to place myself somewhere else. It's called "escapism" and what men mean for evil God can use for His righteousness.

What it means to gag on a nat while swallowing a camel needs be pointed out to most of us. On the other hand, Hollywood should never get our money.

:-o

2006/10/18 7:35
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
I really loved One Night w/The King. My husband and I took our 8 yr old and 10 yr old. It was neat to see a story from the bible come alive and be so real. We also really enjoyed Facing the Giants as well!

Hi Chanin. Thanks for sharing this. have been asked about this movie a bit. Good to hear from you again.

2006/10/18 11:41Profile
chadster

Re:

Perhaps I have been misunderstood. I'm not suggesting that we are to "convert" Hollywood. I am only suggesting that while we are in this world, we are to be the salt and the light. If we refuse to be the means of permeating every area of today's society with the Kingdom than I believe we have failed. Christians who live a monastic lifestyle never won anyone to Christ. If more Christians were in politics our political scene would look very differently today. We need more radical Christians in our educational, governmental, marketplace areans. WE've had the wrong perspective for too long...that somehow Christians are to keep separate from the world (and I'm not in any way advocating compromise and allowing the world and its systems to taint us) but rather that as Chrsitains who are IN this world are to be the representation of Jesus Christ. He was decried by the religious leaders of his day for fellowshipping with sinners, but for this purpose He came...to win them by His love. He couldn't do that in the synogogues...he had to go the "Samaria's" (where the religious Jews would never go!) to find those who needed to know His saving grace.

I heard Tom Tenney (the author of the book from which this movie was made) speak a week before the release of his movie and he said that he heard the Lord speak clearely to him about being more culturally relevant. We are NOT going to get sinners into our churches, so let's bring the Gospel to them. Why should Satan have a monopoloy on what poeople see in the movies???Why shouldn't this medium be used to promote the Kingdom??

And Ormly, I'm afraid you misunderstood me...I wasn't recommending that Hollywood make movies to appease Christians or to satisfy our desire for entertainment. You are right, those who are in vital union with Christ need no such entertainment!!

But this sin sick world needs salt and light.
Didn't even Billy Graham produce movies like the Hiding Place which have been the means to reach the masses? Why are we so critical of non-traditional methods of infiltrating our society with righteousness??? Didn't Paul say that "I have become all things to all men, that by any means I may win some?" If the Gospel is being preached, and the Word of God is being proclaimed shouldn't we rejoice, regardless of the methodology that is being employed to accopmlish it?????

Please forgive me for this candid reacation, but I don't understand why some alleged "mature" Christians have to come across with such condescending super spiritual attidues. Is this the Spirit of Christ????

2006/10/18 18:18Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy