SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A prayer request

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Here4Him

England

A prayer request

I have just been reading part of the article on this site by AC Dixon 'The Revival we need'. He talks of how the saints have truly besought God in prayer in the past and God moved. Apparently a small company of Jonathan Edward's church met one saturday and prayed all night for God's hand of power to be upon their Pastor. The night after was when he famously preached 'sinners in the hands of an angry God' and God so moved as to initiate a revival that swept through that land.

This week I go into a school (a catholic school as it so happens- which raises its own challenges!) to take two religious studies lessons on 'prayer'. I am so excited about this opportunity. The Lord has put a lesson on my heart and especially the focus on the need for us to be 'connected' to God otherwise it's no good praying. I want them to see that the barrier of sin has to be removed and the attitude toward sin in heart changed. I want to teach them that Jesus says we have to be born again before we can connect with God and that He said that we must come to the Father through Him.

Please pray that God would move mightily upon the hearts of the students and the teacher. That the life Jesus might be in the lesson and be communicated to them.

I already have some saints praying into this but I believe that if the Lord lays on your heart to pray also your prayers will avail much before our Father in heaven.

O to see His kingdom come on earth!

With love in Christ. Grace and peace to you all.

George

2006/10/16 5:40Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy