SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prayer & Revival Conference - Thy Kingdom Come! (Paul Washer's Organisation)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
gzus

Re:

I HAVE NOT BEEN CONVICTED AND MOVED LIKE THIS IN A WHILE!!!

I hope this will be available for download!

2006/11/17 15:04Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Brother Washer is speaking, and it is very good

2006/11/18 13:52Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I missed the other sessions due to a trip to meet brother George Warnock, it was a very profitable time. George Warnock's sermons can be accessed here: https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=134

As for the heart-cry conference I am going to post the sermons up onto sermonindex and will link to them here.

2006/11/19 2:05Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Here is a thread with the downloads:

[b]Heart-Cry 2006 Conference Message downloads..[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13420&forum=35

They can also be downloaded here:
http://www.heartcrymissionary.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=11&Itemid=127

To order media DVD etc go here:
http://www.heartcrymissionary.com/index.php?option=com_artforms&formid=4&Itemid=125

I am hoping to get some of the videos up on the site later on.

2006/11/19 2:55Profile
Runoff

Re: Prayer & Revival Conference - Thy Kingdom Come! (Paul Washer's Organisation)

Greetings brothers! I just wanted to share how my trip to the conference was!

The conference this past weekend was absolutely powerful! God moved in such a mighty way throughout the conference. The fellowship of believers was so sweet and getting to meet some of the speakers and the other men of God has made a huge impact on my life. When you get around those people who are all on the same wavelength, you can't help but feel at home and see just a bit what heaven will be like :-)

I got the privilege to talk with Brother Paul and it was truly wonderful getting to meet with him. Like brother K_DAY I couldn't help but talk about Leonard Ravenhill with him. And the same reaction happened! His eyes opened a bit and he exclaimed, "That man was a DANGEROUS man on the pulpit, but off he was one of the most gentle and kind men of God that you would meet." After that we began talking about our favorite Ravenhill stories as well :-P

One story he shared was this time when him and his friend had gone to hear Leonard Ravenhill speak and his friend was sitting at the front and Brother Paul was somewhere in the back. As Leonard Ravenhill was speaking, some person in the balcony was talking and Leonard Ravenhill called him out. As Leonard Ravenhill was calling him out, brother Paul's friend in the front was exclaiming "amen! that's right!" And after Leonard Ravenhill had finished calling out the person in the balcony, he turns to brother Paul's friend and says, "and I don't need a cheerleading section from you either!" Brother Paul had said he was glad that he wasn't sitting next to his friend! Brother Paul said also it was a great thing that Leonard Ravenhill wasn't here for blogs :-P

Another time he shared about this time when there was a blonde headed girl sitting and talking while Leonard Ravenhill was speaking. He calls her out and tells her in front of everyone, "blondie you can leave if you are going to keep this up" Well after a few minutes the girl got up and began to leave. Then Leonard Ravenhill stops speaking and says "listen blondie, if you continue to have an attitude like this you'll end up becoming a prostitute and your dad is probably the deacon!" and it come to find out, her dad was a deacon! Brother Paul said, "and people think I'm bad!"

We also talked about Duncan Campbell and Brother Paul did a great impersonation voice of Duncan Campbell saying, "Duncan Campbell did not bring revival to the Hebrides!" He said that because Duncan Campbell always starts his sermons off like that. After talking about all the great men God had used, Brother Paul gazed over and said, "oh where are those guys."

Along with meeting Brother Paul, I got to meet a few of the other speakers at the conference like brother Mack Tomlinson. It was an absolutely amazing time getting to talk with him as well! He was a good friend with Leonard Ravenhill and met him somewhere in the 70's. He shared about so many things that I was always interested in knowing about Leonard Ravenhill that I have even asked on this forum board. One of the questions I asked him was where his sons were and he said that David Ravenhill lives where Leonard used to live before he went home in Texas. I knew that David Ravenhill was around the US somewhere and I was really curious where his first son Paul Ravenhill was (since I had heard so much about him and his praying at 16 and as his dad would call him "the best missionary ever") Brother Mack said that he believes Paul Ravenhill is somewhere in S. America, more specifically Argentina, but wasn't completely sure in that country. He said that he is speaking there.

Another thing I asked Brother Mack was if he had ever been in a prayer meeting with Leonard Ravenhill. He said, "I was in prayer meetings with Leonard for about 7 years." So I couldn't help but ask him exactly what it was like. He shared by saying that there would usually be 80-100 people that would come and pray and it would start with them singing hymns. Then after singing, Leonard would preach a bit, then he would begin praying and then others would pray. Every now and again Leonard would pray again and they would just continually pray.

Brother Mack also had a book table at the conference and I almost cried seeing all these old books by dead men on the table that you don't see now adays. Most of the books were from banner of truth. Some of the books that were there were books of Jonathan Edwards, CH Spurgeon, AW Tozer, JC Ryle, Leonard Ravenhill's "Revival Praying", The Autobiography of George Mueller, A book on John Paton and another one on Margaret Paton on their letters as missionaries.

There was also a brother their named Charles Leither who was a wonderful brother I got to meet. His wife placed in my hands "The hidden life of Prayer" by David MacIntyre. Later on Brother Charles says to me that Leonard Ravenhill gave that book to him long ago. It was kind of funny because yesterday I was rewatching the interview with Leonard Ravenhill and as he is talking about his days at cliff college, he spoke about the book as well.

There were so many people that actually knew Leonard Ravenhill at the conference. One man that I had pizza with shared with me how Leonard Ravenhill's house is very modest. He talked about how it was about from where we were eating to the salad bar.

Aside from that, probably two of the most greatest things that I will remember at the conference was first the opportunity to get in a prayer meeting before the conference with these men. Getting to pray in the same room with Brother Paul, Mack, and Bill was encouraging. The other thing I will always remember is brother Bill McCleod. The opportunity to talk with him and even share my heart and areas where I lacked was so deep. I will never forget that man.

In all of this, after the conference Brother McCleod was also to speak the next day at church on sunday at first baptist of muscle shoals. I would highly highly encourage everyone to listen to the message! It is on psalm 37 and about believing and committing. The message reminds me of a sermon by Zac Poonen who spoke on faith. You can find the sermon by brother McCleod here:

[url=mms://media17.cqservers.com/anchoredintruth/suam_11-19-06.wmv]mms://media17.cqservers.com/anchoredintruth/suam_11-19-06.wmv[/url]

and here is the sunday evening service he spoke at which I haven't listened to yet:

[url=mms://media17.cqservers.com/anchoredintruth/supm_11-19-06.wmv]mms://media17.cqservers.com/anchoredintruth/supm_11-19-06.wmv[/url]

truly it was such a blessed time that I will not ever forget. The deeper hunger to pray and dive deeper into the scriptures and just romance with our Father has ever so increased. praise and glory be to Him! For He deserves it all!

blessings.

2006/11/21 11:47Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Thank you for these encouraging testemonies!

2006/11/21 12:52Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Praise God for that testimony dear brother.

2006/11/21 14:45Profile
JennRich

Alabama

Re:

Runoff wrote:

In all of this, after the conference Brother McCleod was also to speak the next day at church on sunday at first baptist of muscle shoals. I would highly highly encourage everyone to listen to the message! It is on psalm 37 and about believing and committing. The message reminds me of a sermon by Zac Poonen who spoke on faith. You can find the sermon by brother McCleod here:

[url=mms://media17.cqservers.com/anchoredintruth/suam_11-19-06.wmv]mms://media17.cqservers.com/anchoredintruth/suam_11-19-06.wmv[/url]

and here is the sunday evening service he spoke at which I haven't listened to yet:

[url=mms://media17.cqservers.com/anchoredintruth/supm_11-19-06.wmv]mms://media17.cqservers.com/anchoredintruth/supm_11-19-06.wmv[/url]

JennRich writes:
Both of the messages that Bro. McLeod shared were powerful. I have to tell you, during his a.m. sermon on Psalm 37, God convicted me so much about not PRAISING HIM even in the middle of my problems. Bro. McLeod said (not verbatim, but something like this) -- "When you have a burden, why don't you do a little less praying and a little MORE praising??" At the end of the service, Bro. Paul Washer stood up, crying, telling the congregation, "This is the first time I've realized something. I haven't been RESTING in the Lord for His provisions. I get up in the middle of the night, fretting about my problems, thinking I'm being spiritual! I can't believe this is the first time I've ever seen this!"
God mightily showed me the same thing in my life, and since then I've had a huge burden lifted from me simply by praising Him FOR the problem -- He designed it for my good.

2006/11/21 15:53Profile

Re:

Runoff-

Yes, it is incredible. Some men just shine brighter than others.

I find great encouragement and warmth in the fact that there are still men like that around. Men whose Godliness is so apparent that even a simple 15 minute conversation brings tremendous blessing.

May the Lord do the same in all of us.

-K DAY

2006/11/21 17:04

Re: Testimony from conference

Well, it was very encouraging hearing Runoff’s testimony of the meetings. It was a very blessed time. I’ll try to hit some of the highlights. :-)

Here are some tidbits from the notes I took:
“There is no way you can practice the presence of God if you don’t spend much time in secret prayer.” – Paul Washer
“It is so easy to initiate prayer, it is difficult to wrestle it through” – Paul Washer (I have found this to be so true. We may pray about a need once or twice but it isn’t often that we really prayer through.
“”Just keep going and doing what God has shown you, and He will give you farther direction when you need it.” – Paul Washer
“Just keep praying [in reference to God’s calling on your life]. If God’s given you a calling He will keep it hot.” Paul Washer
“Do you really believe God for revival? It’s not just preparing [prayer] but believing!” Bill McCleod
“Fast, pray, believe God.” Bill McCleod
“Prayer begins and begets holy courage in evil times. –John Flavel” –Mack Tomlinson
“God has to humble Himself to even look at things going on in heaven and on earth.” Bill McCleod
“We get so proud, but this is evil in light of what Christ humbled Himself to (birth, life, and death).” Bill McCleod
“Satan wanted up; Christ went down.” Bill McCleod
“Are you so set on doctrine that you’ve become dead? Do you witness? Are you wholly His?” –Bill McCleod
“The primary purpose of missions is not men, but the glory of God.” Paul Washer
“God is not dependent on us. If we are taken out of the picture, His work is not hindered.” Paul Washer
“It is normal, ordinary Christians, not super heroes, that God can use in prayer.” Mack Tomlinson
“When a Christian has a burden to prayer then prayer! Don’t quench it.” Mack Tomlinson
“Praying for more of the Holy Spirit is biblical.” Mack Tomlinson
“You don’t touch sin without it affecting you. Those fleshly lusts are so perverted. We kill them or they kill us. We kill them by mortifying the flesh.” Bob Jennings

I know most of you will have listened to the messages, but those are some things that spoke to my heart. There were two specific things that really stuck with me. On humility, how satan sought to lift himself up, and the great extent the Christ humbled Himself on earth. I can never go so low in humbling myself that my Lord has not gone lower. And on prayer, to really believe God, expectancy!

I was really encouraged seeing the work that God is doing in First Baptist Church of Muscle Shoals. To see this huge church that is so beautiful have a pastor who is really seeking God and seeking to lead his flock according to the Word of God was amazing to see! To see the passion of the Believers there was uplifting. I saw there men and women who passionately love their God, the glory of God, sound doctrine, and revival and prayer. The congregational singing was so good also. It was neat seeing the message that we hear from Paris Reidhead on the glory of God being lived out in such a practical way in the lives of these people. Especially the ministry of Heartcry.

I had the opportunity to meet Paul and Charo Washer. Praise God for their lives. I also met Bill McCleod, I didn’t have much time to talk with him but I was blessed in the time I did have. It was neat talking to Mrs. Mack Tomlinson about how they used to go to the prayer meeting with Leonard Ravenhill. I won’t repeat what Runoff shared about it, but it was awesome meeting someone whose lives were touched by close contact with Leonard Ravenhill. Not that I want to lift up the man, but he did love God and had such a passion for prayer and revival. It encourages my life to hear him preach and read his books now.

I encourage everyone to download the messages and listen to them. I plan to relisten to them. There was so much shared that it was hard to retain everything. :-o They had a very full schedule, which was wonderful.

Praise the Lord for the ministry of Heartcry. I know a lot of work went into preparing for this conference, and I am very grateful for the servants who worked behind the scenes. :-)

2006/11/21 19:23

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy