SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : i have a question for people who know about the women soldier sexual abuse in iraq

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
luckyd

tx

i have a question for people who know about the women soldier sexual abuse in iraq

I don't know if this is a topic that should be talked somewhere else like some military website but the thing is that I realised that the best advice will be from christians and because they can provide me with gods word because I have been worrying alot about my girlfriend who is in the military. I dont like this worrying, but We love eachother and she is christian but the thing is that its kind of funny because she might not go to iraq for a year or more and im already worried alot, but its just i keep hearing about women soldiers in iraq and it seems to me like shes going to get r**** most likely... i dont know if thats an offensive word so ill bleep it out. i know i should leave my worrys up to god, but i shouldnt be convincing myself that this will happen and since i have done that i need help with my worrys. Is she most likely going to have that happen to her? what if she is cautious and stuff...thats why i need advice from someone who knows exactly whats up if she is in iraq...thanks

2006/10/11 1:52Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: i have a question for people who know about the women soldier sexual abuse in ira

You won't like what I'm going to say, but it needs to be said. Women should not be in the military. Nowhere in scripture will you find a woman going out in battle to fight for her 'man'.

If there is such a scripture, I've missed it.

Nehemiah 4v14 tells us that they fought for their brethren, sons, daughters and wives.

So, at the first available opportunity, she should leave the military and never return.

Not only might she be physically violated,by the enemy, or even her own comrades, but she could lose her life, lose a limb, be missing in action.

Not a pretty picture, but a real one.

Still, thankfully, she is not in Iraq, so that make use of the time you do have to seek God for the right response to this situation.

I'm not or ever will be in the military, but we do need to pray for them. God bless.

2006/10/11 4:20Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Enid wrote:

Quote:
Nowhere in scripture will you find a woman going out in battle to fight for her 'man'

You may have forgotten Deborah. You can read about her in Judges 4. Then there was the female, Jael, who killed Captain Sisera, also found in Judges 4. Just thought I would refresh your memory...not to distract from the premise of your post.

ginnyrose

2006/10/11 10:02Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Well, that's two, out of the entire Bible!

Where does it say Deborah fought? Barak asked her to go with them, which she did.

And since when was driving a tent peg through someone's head when they are asleep a fight?

Women should not be in the militay. Period.

The 'Church' has become so secularised that it doesn't know right from wrong.

It is as though what the world says goes.

Tell that to God.

However, she now, at this moment in time is the military, that has to be dealt with, God's way, not ours.

God bless.

2006/10/11 10:49Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy