Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : A REVIVAL OF HOLINESS

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Kolombian

Colombia

A REVIVAL OF HOLINESS

A REVIVAL OF HOLINESS
By David Wilkerson

A revival of holiness is coming to this nation. The sparks have already been ignited by the Holy Spirit, and everywhere I travel now there are signs of a glorious awakening, with multitudes of God's children hungering and thirsting for righteousness. The Bible predicts that when the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will raise up a standard against him. Holiness, the true righteousness of Christ, is the standard. That blood-stained banner of holiness is being raised over the battlefields of sin and corruption and soon, very soon. There will arise a crescendo of voices crying out to the Lord: "Cleanse us. Consume us. Lift us out of the mire and filth of this age. Bring us back to holy living and heavenly mindedness. Purify us and keep us unspotted from the world."

The young Christians, and especially young ministers, are sick and tired of all the religious game playing. They are weary of all the interdenominational bickering and doctrinal hassles. They are hungry for a faith that will keep them clean and pure in the midst of a wicked and perverse generation. They are beginning to call on the Lord for an awakening in our country, and for a vision of God's holiness.

I hear their cries from coast to coast - they tell me, in essence, "We do not want some kind of theological system. We are tired of materialistic teaching and preaching that leaves us so empty and dry. We don't want to be told how to be successful or prosperous. We are young, so we don't relate to health messages. We need to be convicted of sin - to know how to grieve over our backslidings and pleasure-loving ways. We want to know how to yield our bodies to Christ in total surrender - and know what it means to be holy. We need a gospel that shows us how to stay clean in this filthy age.

I believe that even now my pen is anointed by the Spirit of God when I tell you that He is going to sovereignly move upon His church and awaken it anew to Bible holiness. The chosen of God are going be stirred in their inner man; the Spirit is going to convict and tug and pull - until believers are once again yearning for spiritual cleansing and deliverance from the power of sin.

Backslidden, cold-hearted church goers are going to be shaken and convicted by the powerful probings of the Holy Spirit. Judgment will begin in the house of God, and the Lord's holiness will be revealed in the inner man. Secret sin is going to be exposed, everywhere, and many, many Christians are going to be convicted and warned by God to lay their sin down, forsake it, or be judged openly, severely."

Lukewarm, backslidden ministers are going to see the standard of holiness raised in the land, and they will either turn to the Lord with fasting and praying, with tears and godly sorrow, and repentance - or, they will resist and be confirmed in their deadness and unconcern. But I believe every true minister of Christ who longs for restoration of Purity in the church, will experience a new call to diligent prayer and a renewed hatred for private and national sins.

We are going to see old-fashioned Holy Ghost conviction falling upon both sinners and Christians in churches all over this nation. I take that to be a Holy Ghost fact. It's already beginning to happen. In few months we received letters and phone calls from various ministers throughout the country telling of the sovereign moving of God's Spirit in their churches, with entire congregations completely shaken by powerful conviction of the Holy Spirit. Ministers report a renewed emphasis in their preaching against sin and compromise in their churches. They tell of people running to altars and repenting, crying out to God for a new baptism of love and cleansing in their souls. Covetousness, bitterness, and worldly-mindedness are being confessed and forsaken. Their people are beginning to turn from wicked ways, and there is now a returning to the old paths of righteousness, by faith. Without being forced, they are beginning to fast and pray for a new vision of mercy and grace.

2006/10/10 15:37Profile
100percent

Re: A REVIVAL OF HOLINESS

PRAISE THE LORD BROTHER.
I tell you I was shown the holiness revelation a few months ago, and my entire life and surrounding environment has changed. I'm finding out that holiness is starting to be revived everywhere. People I haven't talked to in years come to me and say they have been shown holiness and it's just, wow. This nation is going to be rocked by a new wave of people breaking out of religion and theology and come back to the truth of God.

Ps. 101:6, ‘MY eyes [shall be] upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with ME. He
that walks in a perfect way (8549, entire, without blemish or spot, complete, undefiled, whole), he shall serve ME.'
Matt. 5:48, ‘Be you therefore perfect (5046, complete (in various applications of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.), even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect (5046, complete (in various applications of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.).
Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable (3050 rational
“logical”) service.
Phil. 3:15-16. ‘Let us therefore, as many as be perfect (5046, complete (in various applications
of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.) be this minded (5426, mentally opinionated,
thinking) and if in any thing you are otherwise minded, (5426, mentally opinionated, thinking)
GOD shall reveal even this unto you. evertheless, whereto we have already attained, (5348, beforehand, already, have arrived) let us walk (4748, to conform to virtue and piety [HIS
holiness]) by the same rule (2583, standard) let us mind (5426, mentally opinionated, think) the
same thing.
2Tim. 3:17, ‘That the man of GOD may be perfect (739, fresh, by implication, complete)thoroughly furnished unto all good works (deeds).’
Heb. 10:14, ‘For by one offering He [YESHUA, Jesus] has perfected (5048 to complete, that is,
(literally) accomplish, or (figuratively) consummate (in character): - consecrate, finish, fulfil, (make) perfect.) forever them that are sanctified. (37, set aside in holiness and purity).’

2006/10/10 15:51Profile
Zealot

Colorado

Re: A REVIVAL OF HOLINESS

Amen!

As a youth pastor, I can testify that this IS indeed happening. Young men and women are getting sick of prosperity focused, man-centered, pragmatic preaching.

How I can only pray that God would quicken the work that He has begun.

2006/10/10 15:52Profile
100percent

Re:

Man just seeing this move becoming so great and people finally seeing the truth brings me to tears

2006/10/10 15:57Profile
Here4Him

England

Re:

As I read this, my spirit yearns within me for this to come to my land. O may the Lord do a mighty sovereign work in America, but O God do not pass England by.

How desperately in need is thye church in this land. Visit us too O Lord.

2006/10/11 9:24Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy